“The best hotel services in Dubai ever”
Review of The Oberoi, Dubai

The Oberoi, Dubai
Ranked #8 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Great hotel , friendly staff , big rooms and nice location and view .The best thing about the hotel the late check out with no extra charges.Hope they stay at that level of services always.
The only thing that i wish to be in the hotel is the loyalty program since i come to the hotel always i wish there is a loyalty program with points and upgrades . And i wish its connected to skywards. Also shuttle buses to Dubai mall and Jumirah like other hotels in Dubai.

• Stayed: December 2013
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write your positive feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

also, please note that hotel guests are provided with free shuttle service to Dubai Mall and DIFC. Shuttle service schedule is always available at the Conciege Desk.

With regard to your suggestion of having Loyalty Program, this matter will be given consideration and once the program is in place, you will be advised accordingly.

Meanwhile, we look forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai once again in not so distant future.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The hotel is brand new and luxurious benefiting form a great service indeed. All the staff is indeed most accommodating although sometimes speed does not seem to be the currency.
There is a large and relaxing pool and the usual facilities of such places.
This is predominantly a business hotel in the business bay area...however it is a little disappointing that at this stage the hotel boasts very little charm of its own neither in the lobby and common area and even room deco. This is in contrast with the Oberoi hotels located in India.

In summary, the luxury category boxes are all ticked, however the place has yet to find a personality of its own

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having been our special guest recently and for taking the time to share with us
the below objective observations.

The entire team and I strongly believe that it is only through comments like yours that will give us the opportunity to improve and becomes the best.

We don't want to be another 5 stars hotel, nor another new hotel in the chain, but we aim to be the best property in the city and in the Group. Your detailed feedbacks will definitely assist us in achieving the goal we set forth for this unique property.

Thank you again for the your online comments and specially for having taken the time to experience the hotel.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Its brand new and it shows !! The rooms are utterly great...large, modern, airy, floor to ceiling windows with dramatic drapes and a great bed with a pillow menu . The bathroom was almost as large as the bedroom, great fittings with a Jacuzzi sized bath tub, separate shower cubicle and WC but what really didn't fit in was the walk in wardrobe which looked totally weird....almost out of place in the otherwise brilliantly appointed room.
The food....well Dubai is the absolute gastronomy capital of the region and The Oberoi has a lot of catching up to do to match the fare of similar hotels in the city. I would not check into the Oberoi for their food!!
But I would go back there for other reasons....fantastic rooms, omni-present free WI-FI and absolutely the best staff and service I have ever experienced in United Arab Emirates...and I have stayed in a lot of hotels in the region.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and a view towards Burj Khalifa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share the experience of your stay with us online.

At The Oberoi, Dubai, all colleagues make every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us in Dubai. Also, we are pleased to know that you have appreciated our overall facilities.

It was a pleasure having you with us at The Oberoi, Dubai and we look forward to welcoming you back once again.

With warmest personal regards,

Reviewed December 17, 2013

There is so much for this hotel to offer and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone visiting. I will certainly be going again!

From the moment we were picked up from the airport, we couldn't have ever imagined such a personalised and outstanding service by The Oberoi team - leaving The Oberoi was a sad moment - it really felt like I was leaving home.

We stepped out of our chauffeur driven premium car (not expected!) were we treated like royalty! It was like the whole team was waiting for us the whole day! Titi guided us through checkout and out to our room where we were given the more amazing room with balcony and bathroom which a stunning view of the Burj Kalifa. I won't spoil all the surprises for you but The Oberoi team know what attention to detail means!

Cleanliness - As a 'germaphobe' it never once crossed my mind as the whole place from lobby to room to pool was spotlessly clean. That's saying something.

Noise - Being slightly out of the way in Business Bay it wasn't particularly noisy but like most of the Dubai there is always some construction work going on.

Pool - Again fantastic service by the pool, spotlessly clean, with waiter service with complimentary water, lotions and sprays. Very quiet pool area in number of visitors and noise levels.

Location - Don't let the location put you off. It's a few mins walk to the metro but scheduled shuttle bus (understatement to call it a bus) is provided to Dubail Mall, DIFC, Jumeria Beach. Would like to have seen other stops including to be honest.

Spa - We were given a 30 mins complimentary treatment which was nice of the hotel. We upgraded to a hour plus service for approx £50 per person. Cannot fault it! Absolutely perfect (almost fell asleep :p ) My wife said it was definitely the best spa treatment she had had.

Restaurants - 3 restaurants of which we had a afternoon meal at Ananta costing a whopping £100 for 2 for a Thali and Fish Curry but it was worth it for a once in a lifetime-ish opportunity. Had breakfast one day for about £23 per person, expensive but my God was it good! Everything under the Sun and in between was offered and tasted spectacular. Tried to visit the top floor Lebanese restaurant but it is closed in the day time but we did have a peek at the open ceiling view of Dubai and it looked amazing.

Value - On par with what you would expect from a five star hotel of this calibre. I really wish there was a breakfast included option when I booked.

Like I say, we felt at home at The Oberoi an will hopefully have a chance to visit again in the future.

Karim - You should be so proud of Titi, Abigail, Raj and the WHOLE Oberoi team they spoilt us rotten!

Room Tip: High floor room with balcony with a view of the Burj Kalifa.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know you had a wonderful experience and thank you for your heartfelt recommendation.

It gives us an immense sense of satisfaction to see that you have enjoyed your time with us. As a hotel, we pride ourselves in the fact that our guests feel at home and have a sense of luxury being offered to them without being intrusive.

Also, thank you for appreciating the services provided by the whole team especially Titi, Abigail and Raj. Your positive thoughts have been shared with the entire team.

We hope that you will travel to Dubai soon and make The Oberoi, Dubai your preferred destination as we earnestly looking forward to welcome you once again to your "new home away from home".

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 16, 2013

After researching all the "luxury" hotels in Dubai, we settled on Oberoi for just a one-day stay but extended it by another because of the excellent service and the ultimate luxury. In spite of early arrival, our room was ready and on top of that Ishta (hope I spelled her name right) gave an upgrade to a suite, saying we would like it. That was an understatement - we loved it! The suite and all its facilities were first class and the view from the floor to ceiling windows was a bonus. The concierge Dev was extremely efficient and helpful and all the excursions we arranged through him were outstanding. The location is very convenient and the staff go out of the way to see that you are comfortable and enjoy your stay. My advice would be to skip Atlantis and Jumeira and stay at the Oberoi if you want a true luxury hotel in Dubai. We were made to feel like royalty and we would love to be back there at the next available opportunity. We didn't use the Spa and hence did not rate it, but wish we could have stayed longer just to use the spa, pool and the fitness center. We have stayed at the Oberoi in Mumbai and this hotel group is known for its top class hospitality.

Room Tip: We got a view of the Burj Khalifa from our room. But irrespective if where you get a room, the quali...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Karim B, General Manager at The Oberoi, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Oberoi during your recent trip to Dubai.

We appreciate you taking time to share your feedback online and we are delighted that your stay with us was memorable. Your positive feedback and excellent comments to Ishta and Dev is a great source of motivation for us as we try to achieve even higher standards of service.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Oberoi, Dubai. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for assistance with reservations or for anything else I can do for you on your next stay at the Oberoi.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Wow! This hotel really is simply the best. I’ve stayed in various hotels in Dubai and all of which I have found lack the service which one would expect from a 5 star property. However, Dubai at last, now has a Hotel to be proud of and that is no other than the Oberoi whose service is absolutely impeccable as replicated in all other Oberoi properties.
The room I stayed in 813 (deluxe room) overlooking the infinity pool and views of the city, was extremely spacious (I actually thought it was a suit), with a large comfy king size bed and super soft pillows, a sofa and coffee table, a desk with I-pod/phone docking which can be played through the TV, mini bar, espresso machine and tea making facilities. The bathroom is huge, a free standing bath located in the window, a rain shower and toilet/bidet enclosed in separate glass rooms with doors and two wash basins and not forgetting the walk in wardrobe.
If you wish for any additional services a butler is at hand by pushing the butler button on the phone and who will be at your room within less than five minutes. I used her to fill my ice bucket.
I dined at the Nine7One restaurant for breakfast and also Friday Brunch (a very popular past time on a Friday in Dubai) which was diverse, plentiful & delicious offering Asian, Arabic and Western options. Oh and not forgetting the Mojito’s which are amazing, a selection of various rums, leaves (mint, basil and Chinese one which I can’t remember the name of) and various fruits of your choice all chosen from their Mojito menu.
Although I didn’t use the fitness centre or spa it is open 24 hours to guests only I did take a look around and must say both look very impressive. The infinity pool is surrounded by comfy sun lounges and with the compliments of the hotel each guest is offered bottles of water and sun tan lotions. The pool area staff are very attentive as are all of the staff at the hotel.
For the final night I dined at the Japanese Umai restaurant where the chefs cook in an open plan kitchen serving dishes such as sushi, sashimi and Teppanyaki complemented with soups and noodles etc. Once again food to die for.
I've been lucky enough to stay in a lot of luxury 5 star hotels throughout the world and I really can say that my stay at the Oberoi is probally one of the best I have had the priviledge to stay at.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic and excellent feedback regarding your recent stay at The Oberoi, Dubai.

I am also pleased to know that you had a wonderful experience and thank you for all your appreciation on the overall facilities, service and our jewel, the staff. At The Oberoi, Dubai, all colleagues makes every effort to maintain the high standards of timely and quality service delivery and we are delighted that we have been successful in achieving this during your stay with us.

Furthermore, we are glad that you have appreciated and enjoyed your sumptuous breakfast and brunch at Nine7One Restaurant and dinner at Umai Pan Asian Restaurant.

Once again, thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. All team members and I, look forward to welcoming you back to your new “home away from home” in the near future.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

A true 5 star hotel, and if it were rated 6 stars I would believe it. The service cannot be matched (maybe, but that would be hard to believe). The hotel discourages tipping, apparently they give 10% of the bill back to the employee's. It was nice to know that I would not go broke on tipping, but at the end of the trip I put money in an envelope and gave it to the front desk to distribute to the employees. The location is excellent for "down town" and very close to the Burj Khalifa and the Dubai Mall. I traveled during my birthday and the hotel sent up a bottle of champagne and a cheese platter complimentary. I have traveled to 19 different countries, stayed at many hotels, but this is by far the most luxurious and most accommodating hotel I have ever stayed at. The complimentary coffee in the room is Nespresso! I must have had 10 cups of complimentary cappuccino. Water in the room is also complimentary (that is a big deal since in my last hotel in Las Vegas the water in the room was $8). The taxi's dedicated for the hotel are Lexus taxi's (slightly higher price than the standard taxi), but if you ask the greeter he will make sure to get you a regular taxi. Make sure to have the hotel name written down with the address. For some reason, some taxi drivers did not know where The Oberoi is located. I will be back to Dubai, and when I do, I will stay at The Oberoi.

Room Tip: Room 1603 was excellent. My friend stayed in 1605, and it was just as fantastic.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ricko34

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your amazing review on Tripadvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you had a fabulous time at The Oberoi Dubai, which is indeed centrally located along Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall.

People are the life and soul of our hotels – these wonderful ladies and gentlemen with their genuine care and warmth ensure that every interaction with our guests is a wonderful moment of truth. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful team. I have shared your recognition with the team – your words of praise will further inspire them in their pursuit of excellence.

Your sentiments are precious – again thank you so much for taking the time to write your stay experience online.

Meanwhile, we earnestly looking forward to welcoming you back at The Oberoi, Dubai in not so distant future.