Open today: Closed

from $5.00
from $77.60
from $5.00
More Info
All reviews entry fee gold souk worth a visit role society contribution poetry founded clothing poets library souq arab artwork exhibits uae history
Selected filters
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

This small and low cost museum exceeded my expectations. I learned so much about the United Arab Emirates and the history of women who have advocated socially, politically, economically and in education. This museum also includes everything from clothing to housewares to photos to poetry and more.

I also learned about some important female figures in UAEs history.

The museum is put together in a very impressive and Modern Way.

Come out to this museum if you want to be enriched about women's history in the United Arab Emirates and in Dubai, and then you can go shopping in the souk after.

Date of experience: March 2018
WMTeam, Museum Coordinator at Women's Museum Bait al Banat, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2019

Thank you very much for your kind words. We at the museum are glad to know that your experience in the museum was both educational and enjoyable. We look forward to welcoming you again to the museum.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

This was an unexpected stop on my visit to the area and was pleasantly surprised by the richness of information and such well documented history of the role women in the region. Exceptionally well preserved and articulated - a true eye opener for me personally and one that I would definitely recommend to anyone that has not visited this museum.

Date of experience: June 2017
WMTeam, Museum Coordinator at Women's Museum Bait al Banat, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2019

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation. We at the museum are glad to know that your experience was both educational and pleasant. We hope to see you very soon at the museum once again.

Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

I must say museums are not always the top of my list but the women's museum is so well set out and presented. It provides enough information and artefacts to get you thinking but it doesn't overcrowd and overwhelm. I imagine you could spend longer than the hour I spent if you wished to ask questions, read everything and soak in the ambiance, likewise you could spend less time also. I have lived in Dubai for 5 years and this really is a hidden gem... I will be recommending it to colleagues as well as people who come to visit. I know I'll go back there myself also.

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed January 17, 2017 via mobile

We went to the Women's museum as part of a tour. It was totally worth it. Exhibits are well done and interesting. Lots of interesting facts presented and explored. Doesn't take long to tour the entire museum.
We recommend.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed March 31, 2016 via mobile

20 Dirham entry fee high in comparison to other museums but assume it is all privately funded so necessary to be high.
Interesting to see the clothing, jewellery, perfume, etc displays. Education for women has been quite recent since 1958 so a lot has been achieved in a short time. The art gallery upstairs was good too as showing female artists.
Worth going if interested in women's history etc to show support. Very helpful staff.

Date of experience: April 2016