“Good food but needs improving on service”

Turkish Village Restaurant & Cafe
Ranked #213 of 10,060 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Neighborhood: Jumeirah
Description: Turkish Village now boasts two locations in Dubai in Jumeirah 1 opposite Palm Strip & Close to Spinneys and at Dubai Festival City Mall facing the waterfront. Undoubtedly the place to see and be seen in Dubai, Turkish Village Restaurant & Café offers a unique and opulent carnival of the senses that gladdens the heart, delights the eye and captivates the soul. Beginning with the vision of a lively and contemporary restaurant that provided a bridge from Turkey to Dubai bringing with it a peak into the enchanting beauty of the Turkish culture and its rich cuisine.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

It was my first time at this large restaurant in the heart of old Dubai on Jumeirah Beach Road by Spinneys and the mosque.We had not booked a table but the restaurant is on 2 floors including a terrace on the third floor so it was not a problem to accomodate us. The tables are rather large as the majority of customers are locals who come with family and firends. Next time, we will book a table as the ground floor is much nicer than the 2nd floor which became a noisier and noisier room as people started to come.We didnot have to wait for too long for our waiter to come and take the order. In the mean time fresh warm puffed bread was served.It was very nice.Our large order came in but due some miscommunication, half of it was wrong.Our friends had to wait for over 20mns to receive their order of lamb stew which is very good. We also had doner kebab, iskandard kebab, humus with pastrami and coban salad.It was all very good and the portions are generous and can quite easily be shared as they cost around 65dhs each.As recommendedby another poster, we tried the Ayran (yoghurt) drink but were quite disapointed by it. It was very watered down.It is notheing like the ones we get at Iran Zamin.We finished with tea and turkish coffee which I have to say was the best one I have had so far in Dubai, even without sugar it was not bitter as it can often be.The service was slow but the restaurant is so large, it is not so surprising.I think in a place like this, it would be best to go for mezzes and lahmacum (turkish pizza). In fact i saw many locals going for these options. All the food come at once, can be shared and nibbled over a soft drink!
Overall it was a positive experience but book ahead and ask for a table downstairs!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We thought we would check this new place out and we made a big mistake! Over 30 min to bring our drinks and that was after arguing with the manager. Everybody here looks like the are busy running around in circles but definitely not helping our table, now 45 min and our food still is not out yet. Will not come back, this place will not survive in Dubai with this level of poor service, plus food was not even that great at all.

1  Thank DrTarekTawil
Turkish_Village_DXB, Manager at Turkish Village Restaurant & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Customer,

Thank you kindly for sharing your recent experience at our restaurant. It is unfortunate that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.

Rest assured that we review each comment and every concern shared and adjust where ever possible.

We would have appreciated the opportunity to address your feelings about your experience at our restaurant as our management is always ready and willing to communicate with our valued clientele at a moment’s notice. We are always working towards ensuring every one of our guests leaves happy and satisfied and therefore would have appreciated sharing more details with us so that we can better serve you and our future guests taking in every recommendation and working on them.

We hope that you will give Turkish Village Restaurant and Café the opportunity to welcome you back and demonstrate our ability to deliver excellent service and hopefully improve on your latest experience.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I visited Turkish Village restaurant several times this year and I must say, it is excellent!

I love the food and I am a regular customer now. Every time I am trying something new and I am impressed by how tasty everything is! The atmosphere is lovely and I was impressed by the service too! the people are really friendly and helpful and although the restaurant is always really busy they have excellent service.

I would definitely recommend Turkish Village to anyone who loves good food!

1  Thank Andrea T
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have visited this place for the first time and I loved the decoration and the welcoming and the service in this restaurant.

It is located just after Spinneys super market where the big parking plot and is it facing Jumeirah Road.

- The place is very clean and well organized.
- The waiter was very welcoming and fast his service.
- The food was very delicious and the type of meat they have used was tender and tasted good, except with the Wine leaves stuffing I didn’t like it at all it was sweaty taste; I think it’s how the Turkish does it maybe.

Over all the location is great you got many parking around.

I didn’t try many Turkish restaurants but this one is very good compared to what I have tried.

why am i rating it 4 its because average is less than what i have experianced and Very good is also to high but i chose yo give it very good, maybe the next time i will go i will be for statisfied about my rate.

1  Thank Abdulla K
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to this local restaurant for some sustenance last week. The place is STUNNING in terms of look and feel. They've clearly invested a lot of money in attracting the right sort of customer for whom aesthetics matter. However, we were greeted by a very surly, a bit full of himself waiter who took our order in a brusque manner and when asked to explain what the difference was between the 8 kebab options made us feel stupid for not knowing.

The nibbles we got were delightful, the hommous was the best hoummous I've tasted since living in Dubai. Smooth, creamy and full of flavour and the accompanying bread was also excellent. However, the main course took 40 mins to arrive, when it arrived was missing my main course. Not ideal as I was soooo hungry. Also, having been there for 30 minutes we still hadn't received our water.....thirst and hunger was starting to take affect and it was only after persistent requests that the water arrived at our table. My husband shared his meal with me and as we waited for my main to arrive our table was cleared....my main clearly wasn't coming! So we gently reminded the surly waiting staff about the fact we were still hungry and still waiting and finally our meal was completed. Such a shame as this restaurant could be EXCELLENT if the services was up to par.