“lazy afternoons at XVA Cafe” 5 of 5 bubbles

XVA Cafe
Ranked #322 of 9,408 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Cafe, Middle Eastern
Good for: Dining on a budget, Romantic, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: The Creek
Description: In the short time since XVA Cafe has been open it has already been hailed as ‘Dubai’s best kept secret’. Many return to XVA Cafe for the food along – among the restaurant’s biggest fans Gordan Ramsay, who names XVA as his favourite café in Dubai. The café serves freshly-prepared vegetarian food including delicious salads, soups and sandwiches. For those with a sweet tooth there is an array of cooling ice creams, plus the legendary refreshing mint lemonade. This Cafe has been highly commended by Time Out Dubai for several years.
Muscat, Oman
“lazy afternoons at XVA Cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

I am an art lover and I often visit Al Fahidi District to stop by at the art galleries there ...and my trip to Al Fahidi is incomplete without a meal at XVA Cafe.When I sit at this quaint little outdoor cafe I feel as though I have been transported back in time.There is a certain stillness amidst the buzz.I love watching the leaf shadows from the tree in the courtyard or admiring the lanterns lined along the corridors.I soak in the lovely art without experiencing the stuffiness I feel at regular art galleries.I can be there at this cafe for hours either sketching, working on my laptop or having animated discussions with friends.

The food is innovative.Where else in the world will you find eggplant burgers or pumpkin rotis?The lime mint is to die for!!

I strongly recommend this cafe to everyone .It is an experience you might not want to miss.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
IwanYamin, General Manager at XVA Cafe, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Debjani B,

Your way to explore art and culture in Al fahidi district is a good tip for all tripadvisors. The visitors tend to forget that Dubai has its spirit and soul. All can be discovered within a walking distance from the cafe.

The art exhibition in our hotel/cafe is changing every 6-8 weeks. We showcase contemporary arts from local and international artists. So the regulars will always have the reason to visit us, beside for the eggplant burger or mint lemonade.

Have you seen our hotel rooms yet? Next time you come, find me in my office and I will show you our individually desgined rooms with great arts as well.

Have a fine one.

Best regards,

Hotel Manager

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Exquisite vegetarian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I love coming here for lunch. The food is excellent and the staff are always welcoming and courteous. The beautiful courtyard setting cannot be beat and after you have had your fill of the exquisite vegetarian fare (try the eggplant burger with tomato and feta cheese followed with mint lemonade -so mouthwatering!) you can walk around and look at some amazing art exhibited in the beautiful courtyard space and adjoining rooms. They also have a lovely boutique with fabulous handmade artsy items including clothes and jewelry that are very reasonably priced. If you have time, you can spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the meandering pathways around the historical area. Just a great place to spend the day with family and friends.

• Visited March 2013
Dear Onibaba,

We are thankful for such a eloquently written review. The sentences and how you present our cafe are so personal, yet so inviting for the readers to visit us.

Adjecent to our cafe, we have indeed a gift shop with fair trades products from local designers. From clothes to jewelry and anything in between, this gift shop is like no other in Dubai.

When will you come and lunch with us again? Please let me know, your favourite mint lemonade will be on us.

Warm regards,

Hotel Manager
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to conduct business”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

We had a great three hours meeting surrounded by very friendly service and staff. The idea of vegetarian food and healthy drinks enticed us to combine business with lunch.
This is a jewel place in busy city of Dubai, it is quiet rare to find authentic Arabic cultural heritage still exists in this super modern city.

I will surely come back.

Visited April 2013
Dear AS,

Thank you so much for your time to write this kind review.

Choosing our cafe for a business meeting is a great idea. The setting of our cafe, in the historic building, has been a favourite place for Dubai's cultural scene. The organization of Sikka Art Fair - Art Dubai use our cafe as their mobile office. Furthermore prestigious companies like Channel and Louis Vuitton booked our cafe for meetings with lunch as well as a dinner party.

Please contact me for your next business lunch. I will make sure you will get the best table in our cafe.

Sincerely yours,