“Amazing Experience - It's a marathon not a sprint!”
Review of Culinary Flight

Culinary Flight
Ranked #426 of 9,567 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our signature Culinary Flight dining experience invites you to explore Burj Al Arab's astounding repertoire of restaurants and bars, course by course. Your journey begins at Skyview Bar, before moving on through five of our most impressive dining venues. Prepare to be treated like royalty as each restaurant showcases its most sumptuous dishes in Al Muntaha, Al Iwan and Junsui. Next, a succulent main course awaits you at Al Mahara, where you'll take pride of place as our team of chefs prepare your meal to perfection. Finally, a decadent dessert in our stunning atrium lounge Sahn Eddar, will put the finishing touches on an unforgettable culinary experience.
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Amazing Experience - It's a marathon not a sprint!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The culinary flight is definitely not for the faint hearted (or small stomached), we chose the wine pairing option and the whole experience took about 5 hours and ended past Midnight.

Each of the 'Starter' courses (there are three of them) are generous portion sizes so it's probably worth having a light lunch to give yourself a fighting chance at accommodating this once in a lifetime feast.

The 'flight' is a great way to see the Burj Al Arab, its architecture, and its many restaurants from the slightly Las Vegas like 'SkyView Bar' to the Atlantis like aquarium in 'Al Mahara'.

We were finishing off our honeymoon in Dubai and the staff made us feel special the whole evening, little touches like decorating each table we visited with rose petals and making a special effort to call my wife by her new name which she particularly enjoyed.

The food was of varying quality throughout the flight, on the whole most courses were very good, the main course in Al Mahara was exceptional, the course we had in Asian restaurant Junsui was mediocre by comparison.

Highlights:
Iconic building
Amazing city views - SkyView bar
Great staff
Excellent Service and experience - Petals, Roses etc
Nice wines
Good transitions between restaurants - very organised

Lowlights:
Varying food quality

On the whole we really enjoyed the unique dining experience. Expensive but worth it.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Dean H

Whalley, United Kingdom
“Out of this world!”
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Yes it is expensive. Yes it is 5 hours long and yes the menu is a little limited but the experience is one that you will look back on forever. My wife and I went here on our honeymoon and we loved every minute of this meal and still talk about it now. The staff went to such an effort for us and decorated every table we sat at (6 in total). The sky bar is an experience in itself so get there early or on time to set your evening off to a great start! Also, if you are celebrating or can easily get over the price then go for the wine pairing! Actually remarkable good value given the cost of the meal and they serve proper full glasses so beware! Would we go back.......even given the cost.......you bet! Hopefully next year........

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Matt_Timmins
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Surreal”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

If time is short I would recommend - we had wine matching they give you free poured proper glassfuls so be warned

Visited May 2014
3 Thank Souxie
“My birthday at BAA”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

As it is not my first stay in Burj Al Arab, I will just comment my latest dining experience.
I wanted an original place to mark my 60th birthday... I've not been disappointed and it will remain as a significant milestone in my life.
I opted for the "Culinary Flight" that took us, my wife and I, from undersea restaurant Al Mahara to the skyview Al Al Muntaha through Junsui and Sahn Eddar. Fine cuisine, warmest attention from the staff and still a marvellous moment in an unusual world for us.
Having visited all the restaurants, I highly recomment the most romantic of them Al Mahara... For those who like overflying the world, Al Muntaha will offer you an overview of what extravagance the Human Being is capable of doing: Burj Khalifa in the background, Palm Island and the World islands, It is Dubai ! Like or dislike...

7 Thank Bruno A
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“WOW, NOT ENOUGH SUPERLATIVES TO DESCRIBE HOW GREAT THIS IS”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

It's going to be hard to do this experience justice and you can't write enough good things about it. Every single aspect was simply brilliant, and breathtaking and the "wow" factor. We started with the Rolls Royce pickup and then stunning views in Sky bar, amazing cocktails, and from then onwards, every meal in every restaurant with matching champagne, wines, cognac et al were all TOP NOTCH. Highlight of course to dine next to an glorious aquarium, but the thing that stood out the most was how amazingly professional and gracious ALL the staff are, true hospitality at it's best.
It wouldn't matter if you were commoner or King (or Sheikh) as I'm pretty sure you would be treated equally - in other words the standard is ALWAYS one of exceptional service, full stop. This was the best experience of our lives (we both agreed).
The only confusion was with tipping and were concerned that everyone got rewarded and so we tipped in each restaurant and when we got to the end, there was a tip allocation on the bill and I assume that is then distributed to everyone, but wished we'd known in advance. It was a very small point, and perhaps can be explained when you "check in" for the flight.
Wonderful, wonderful night and we're still raving about it…can't wait for the next visit! We fell in love all over again:)

• Visited May 2014