“Has to be the best brunch in Dubai!”

The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's
Cuisines: Mediterranean, British
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Description: Dubai's first Irish fine-dining restaurant! Find us above McGettigan's at the Dubai World Trade Centre! The D Ppstairs at McGettigan's offers a selection of contemporary Irish dishes with a strong European influence. A wealth of thought, care and culinary expertise has been poured into the creation of the menu and restaurant itself in order to provide guests with the best possible dining experience. The restaurant exudes a warm and welcoming ambiance and boasts a striking decor featuring many elements from past and modern Ireland. Complete with plush carpets, twinkling chandeliers and handcrafted Irish stone and wood workmanship, The D provides a stylish setting ideal for a convenient business lunch, lively Friday afternoon brunch or leisurely dinner rendezvous. The D Upstairs at McGettigan's is conveniently located at Dubai World Trade Centre, right next to the Trade Centre Arena and provides the perfect venue for pre- or post-concert and theater dining.
“Has to be the best brunch in Dubai!”
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Having lived in Dubai a few years now, I've tried most of the brunch venues, some good, some bad, most kind of same old same old, until I stumbled upon The D Upstairs 18 months ago, and I really can't fault the place!

There is an excellent selection of food on offer, both buffet and a la carte, from grilled lobster to roast beef and yorkshire pudding. The selection of drinks included are more than enough to suit all tastes.

The staff are very friendly and attentive, and always on hand without being pushy. Notably, the Manager Beverley (Who NEVER stops!), and April.

The place is big enough for everyone to enjoy themselves whilst also being cosy enough not to get lost in the crowd, and the atmosphere can change, depending on the crowd, however; a fun time is always enjoyed by all!

All in all, a fantastic place to spend a Friday afternoon, and it's why I keep going back!

• Visited August 2014
mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear Shaun W,

Very many thanks for your review and for rating us so highly!

It's always a pleasure to have you as our guest and I hope to see you again soon!

With best regards,

Dubai
“Superb brunch!”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

From the moment I walked into the D I knew I was going to have a great night. Beverley is a fantastic hostess, so attentive and friendly, she made sure our glasses were never empty! Excellent food, atmosphere and service. Looking forward to my next visit. Thanks Beverley and your wonderful team.

1 Thank bernie23Dubai
mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
Dear bernie23Dubai,

Thank you very much for your review and your kind words!

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and my team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back before too long.

With best regards,

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Evening Brunch”
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My experience at the D was excellent and would definitely go back.

It was an all rounder. Good food, service and atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing you there again Bev. :)

1 Thank Julie L
Dear Julie L,

Thank you for your review! It was a great pleasure to read that you very much enjoyed your visit to The D and my team and I hope to see you again soon!

Wirral, Merseyside.
“Brunch at McGettigan's”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have been to this restaurant twice now for the 'brunch' and both times were fantastic the ambience, the quality of food, value for money and the amazing service are beyond exceptional, which is quite rare these days in Dubai. The host Beverley is so friendly, warm and sincere you feel like you are in Ireland. I would highly recommend 'D Upstairs' and can not wait for my next visit… Keep it up guy's :-)

Dear JanetLC,

Many thanks for your continued business and also for reviewing us!

I was happy to see that you enjoy coming here and my team and I are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

“Brunch 8th August”
Reviewed August 9, 2014 via mobile

This is my 6th visit to D bar for Friday brunch in my opinion this is the best brunch in dubai by far on every visit the food is amazing the service outstanding the staff are welcoming friendly so to anybody looking for a fantastic place for brunch look no further than D upstairs at mcgettigans
Once again thank you to all the staff
a wonderfully awesome day
Kind regards
Wendy burrell
Marina dubai

Dear Wendy B,

Very many thanks for your second review! It's a pleasure to have you as our guest and I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit as much as the previous ones.

I am certainly looking forward to seeing you again soon!