“McGettigan's Made the Day”

The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dubai's first Irish fine-dining restaurant! Find us above McGettigan's at the Dubai World Trade Centre! The D Ppstairs at McGettigan's offers a selection of contemporary Irish dishes with a strong European influence. A wealth of thought, care and culinary expertise has been poured into the creation of the menu and restaurant itself in order to provide guests with the best possible dining experience. The restaurant exudes a warm and welcoming ambiance and boasts a striking decor featuring many elements from past and modern Ireland. Complete with plush carpets, twinkling chandeliers and handcrafted Irish stone and wood workmanship, The D provides a stylish setting ideal for a convenient business lunch, lively Friday afternoon brunch or leisurely dinner rendezvous. The D Upstairs at McGettigan's is conveniently located at Dubai World Trade Centre, right next to the Trade Centre Arena and provides the perfect venue for pre- or post-concert and theater dining.
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Our objective was to evaluate suitable venues close to DWTC Exhibition Halls in Dubai that were capable of holding an “open” party invitation for our major customers and VIPs during the Tobacco Exhibition in March 2014. The decision was quickly made, it was McGettigan’s Pub, located right next to the Exhibition Halls. The location has a downstairs outdoors terraced area which can be rented privately, as well as a modern sophisticated upstairs dining area with an attractive terrace which works very well for private entertainment and business networking. We met Beverly Chan, the Outlet Manageress at McGettigan’s, and presented her with an outline of our plans and requirements for the “open” customer party. It was a broad spec as we were not sure how many people would accept our invitation for cocktails and canapés post the Exhibition. Beverley was totally unfazed by our demands and presented us with a variety of menu and drink options. She guided us professionally and expertly through the pre planning of the quantities of beverages and food with a relaxed and do not worry smile – “my staff and I are here to serve you and your customers, we take the trauma of organizing away from you – you and your colleagues enjoy the function along with your customers”. Beverley and her staff delivered that commitment. The food was exceptionally good and plentiful and the drinks flowed throughout the evening without any delays. She set up several bar locations around the room which resulted in fast and efficient service and the food was beautifully presented on silver trays and always served with a smile. Everyone went away at the end of the evening very happy. Our thanks to Beverley and her team who worked very hard and professionally to ensure our guests were very well looked after. This venue is very good value for corporate entertainment and was a big success for our company and with our customers. We received many emails congratulating us on the event, the superb service and the convenience of McGettigan’s location right outside the Trade Centre. We will definitely go back there again for a Corporate or private event. Well done to Beverley and her team at McGettigan’s DWTC! Premium Tobacco

mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Dear MitzyWindsor,

Many thanks for your review and kind words! It was great to hear that your event went so well and your guests were happy!

It was a pleasure looking after you on that day and we all hope to be able to welcome you again soon!

With best regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2014

A group of 8 of us went to the D last Thurs and what a great night we had. We were all welcomed personally by the manager Bev, offered drinks and seats at the bar until we all arrived. Service was amazing, the staff explained the menu and buffet options to us. The staff were friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We seemed to always have a new drink brought to us, without having to ask. The selection and quality of the food was amazing. As a vegetarian I was offered meal choices that weren't on the menu. Nothing was too much trouble and the food tasted great. It was a very enjoyable dinner and night out in a cosy venue. The Thurs night brunch is great value, I would highly recommend the D for a meal and night out.

mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear LornaEire,

Thank for your review and kind words. It was great to see that you had such a good time here and I hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

With best regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Visited the D restaurant Mcgettigans with a party of 14 for my hubbies birthday /getogether for Thursday evening brunch .What a hidden gem in downtown Dubai .For just 299 dhs pp.!!!We all agreed from the Decor ,five star food ,service and live band it's certainly on our top five restaurants in Dubai . One can order from the a la carte menu or buffet .Too much amazing food to mention but I would recommend the French toast with crispy bacon !i had for my starter and again for my dessert !!We Popped downstairs after for a nightcap and a boogie to the live band .Perfect end to a perfect night .We look forward to returning .

Dear Popplin,

Many thanks for your review! I was happy to see that you enjoyed your evening brunch at The D and thought the service, food, and value were very good.

I hope to see you again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I had an absolutely fantastic time here last Thursday night. We had a table booked for evening brunch and from the moment we sat down we had a continuos flow of drinks and your glasses never left empty. The food was delightful, with an absolute array to chose from! Great atmosphere with also the lady manager presence on the restaurant floor. Lovely surprise and will definitely recommend! Thank you for a wonderful evening!

mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Lisaweirner,

You are, of course, most welcome and I thank you for your lovely review! It was great to see that you enjoyed your evening brunch and we all hope to see you again soon!

All the best,

Reviewed April 22, 2014

I would like to send a THOUSAND THANKS for the amazing brunch/birthday-event, that was hold at The D, April 18th 2014.

Never have I/we experienced such a good service.

All my guests have afterwards told me, that they really enjoyed themselves, enjoyed the good food, drinks and the atmosphere. But what surprised us most was the service!
Every waiter had a smiley face, the speed of the orders and quality of the food, the all-time filled glasses, the drinks taste, the quick removal of empty plates and - last but not least, the service from our personal assistant Joys was outstanding!

The quick arrangement for us to continue downstairs with own table and bottles, just made it perfect! There is no-doubt, Beverley, Joys, and the rest of the team on The D/McGettigans made my birthday a special one, THANKS!

At all times I will recommend The D and my guest said, they will too - this was clearly a standard that we have not seen much of here in Dubai.

Dear ChrissyDK,

A thousand and one thanks for your review! I was extremely pleased to see that you had such a great experience here and we hope to see you again very soon!

Best regards,