“I am practically living in the place!”

The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Dubai's first Irish fine-dining restaurant! Find us above McGettigan's at the Dubai World Trade Centre! The D Ppstairs at McGettigan's offers a selection of contemporary Irish dishes with a strong European influence. A wealth of thought, care and culinary expertise has been poured into the creation of the menu and restaurant itself in order to provide guests with the best possible dining experience. The restaurant exudes a warm and welcoming ambiance and boasts a striking decor featuring many elements from past and modern Ireland. Complete with plush carpets, twinkling chandeliers and handcrafted Irish stone and wood workmanship, The D provides a stylish setting ideal for a convenient business lunch, lively Friday afternoon brunch or leisurely dinner rendezvous. The D Upstairs at McGettigan's is conveniently located at Dubai World Trade Centre, right next to the Trade Centre Arena and provides the perfect venue for pre- or post-concert and theater dining.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Visited The D on numerous occasions since my last review. I have celebrated my birthday here and my guests have also booked their birthdays here too. Everybody who comes here loves it! Again the staff were welcoming and knowledgeable, we wanted for nothing.
It is always a pleasure when you recommend restaurants to friends and they live up to and surpass expectations.
This place has it all! Great food (The Pork and beef are executed perfectly and the option to order from a menu is refreshing as it leaves a table of people to enjoy one another's company rather then passing by a crowded buffet), Great service and fantastic value for money!!!
I'm already planning our next party there! Really cannot rate this place highly enough. Thanks again to Beverley and her team for another fantastic experience!

mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2014

Dear Ladyposh,

Very many thanks for your latest review! It was really nice to hear that you continue to enjoy our hospitality and food and that your friends like The D, too!

We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went to brunch there yesterday. Phenomenal food and a great atmosphere. In particular the hostess Beverely was a highlight. Very friendly and makes everything happen quickly.

mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2014

Dear michael d,

Thanks for your review & kind words!

It was grand to hear that you had a good time here and we hope to see you again very soon!

All the best,

Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was in Dubai for 4 nights on business attending an exhibition, during that time I ate here for dinner twice. The food is fantastic. Shellfish cocktail starter is a must have, for the main I had fillet steak on the first visit, I like mine rare, and this was cooked to perfection, good choice of wines by the glass to go with your meal as well, the 2nd time I ate here I had the lamb, which is the best lamb I have ever had in any restaurant. The staff are very friendly, it doesn't matter if your eating alone - with colleagues, or out with a client, the decor is very nice, it has a great relaxed atmosphere. I will be back in Dubai next year and be sure to pay another visit here.

Dear andyroooo,

Very many thanks for your review! It was great to see that you enjoyed your visit and found the food, drinks, and service to your full satisfaction.

We're looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had a friends birthday party here last week. The food, service and atmosphere were second to none, great selection of seafood and the roast is to die for. This has got to be one of the best brunches in Dubai. Well done to all the staff, they were excellent. We will be back.

mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Mark M,

Many thanks for your review of our Friday brunch!

I was happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and found the food, service, and atmosphere to your liking.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

In a city with more great restaurants than you can count, this one really stands out. The food is absolutely amazing. The Friday brunch is one we won't forget, and we have tried them all. Maine lobster, oysters, and all manner of seafood starters. The entrees are served to your table and were the best. My wife and I sampled the braised pork with sage mashed potato and red cabbage with apples and spice and I have say it was the best pork dish I have ever had and quite possibly the best dish of any kind. Excellent service and great drinks. Beautiful atmosphere. It sits right above the popular McGettigans Irish bar at the trade center but what a world of difference one floor makes.

mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear John M,

Many thanks for your review! It was great to see that you and your wife enjoyed our brunch.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to The D in the not too distant future!