“Excellent Dinner”

The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Dubai's first Irish fine-dining restaurant! Find us above McGettigan's at the Dubai World Trade Centre! The D Ppstairs at McGettigan's offers a selection of contemporary Irish dishes with a strong European influence. A wealth of thought, care and culinary expertise has been poured into the creation of the menu and restaurant itself in order to provide guests with the best possible dining experience. The restaurant exudes a warm and welcoming ambiance and boasts a striking decor featuring many elements from past and modern Ireland. Complete with plush carpets, twinkling chandeliers and handcrafted Irish stone and wood workmanship, The D provides a stylish setting ideal for a convenient business lunch, lively Friday afternoon brunch or leisurely dinner rendezvous. The D Upstairs at McGettigan's is conveniently located at Dubai World Trade Centre, right next to the Trade Centre Arena and provides the perfect venue for pre- or post-concert and theater dining.
Kent, United Kingdom
“Excellent Dinner”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I was in Dubai for 4 nights on business attending an exhibition, during that time I ate here for dinner twice. The food is fantastic. Shellfish cocktail starter is a must have, for the main I had fillet steak on the first visit, I like mine rare, and this was cooked to perfection, good choice of wines by the glass to go with your meal as well, the 2nd time I ate here I had the lamb, which is the best lamb I have ever had in any restaurant. The staff are very friendly, it doesn't matter if your eating alone - with colleagues, or out with a client, the decor is very nice, it has a great relaxed atmosphere. I will be back in Dubai next year and be sure to pay another visit here.

• Visited February 2014
mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear andyroooo,

Very many thanks for your review! It was great to see that you enjoyed your visit and found the food, drinks, and service to your full satisfaction.

We're looking forward to seeing you again next year!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Best brunch in Dubai.”
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We had a friends birthday party here last week. The food, service and atmosphere were second to none, great selection of seafood and the roast is to die for. This has got to be one of the best brunches in Dubai. Well done to all the staff, they were excellent. We will be back.

• Visited January 2014
mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Mark M,

Many thanks for your review of our Friday brunch!

I was happy to see that you enjoyed your visit and found the food, service, and atmosphere to your liking.

We hope to see you again soon!

Dubai
“Wonderful find in Dubai”
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

In a city with more great restaurants than you can count, this one really stands out. The food is absolutely amazing. The Friday brunch is one we won't forget, and we have tried them all. Maine lobster, oysters, and all manner of seafood starters. The entrees are served to your table and were the best. My wife and I sampled the braised pork with sage mashed potato and red cabbage with apples and spice and I have say it was the best pork dish I have ever had and quite possibly the best dish of any kind. Excellent service and great drinks. Beautiful atmosphere. It sits right above the popular McGettigans Irish bar at the trade center but what a world of difference one floor makes.

Visited January 2014
mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear John M,

Many thanks for your review! It was great to see that you and your wife enjoyed our brunch.

I'm looking forward to welcoming you back to The D in the not too distant future!

“Hen party”
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I hosted a hen party at the d this weekend and I was blown away at how amazing everything was. From the minute we walked in the door we were welcomed and treated like the stars we were dressed up as! The food was amazing, and not one glass got more than half way down and we were offered another drink. The decorations were outstanding and the whole experience was definitely a day to remember! Thank you so much to Beverley and her team for such an outstanding experience. Would definitely recommend this venue for any party or get together. Fantastic over all.

Dear Tara C,

Many thanks for your review and kind words! It was great to see that you and your guests liked it here and enjoyed a memorable day.

We hope to be able to welcome you back to The D in the not too distant future.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Food”
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Had a most wonderful afternoon brunch here with a group of friends for my daughters birthday. The food was amazing, lobster and oysters and truly wonderful roast beef, all washed down with some pretty fine champagne. Nothing to dislike about this restaurant at all. Very reasonable price made it even more amazing !!!
Would love to come back again

1 Thank Beverley H
mcgettiganspubs, Manager at The D - Upstairs at McGettigan's, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Dear Beverley H,

Thank for your review! It was very nice to see that you and your friends enjoyed your brunch at The D!

We hope to see you again soon.