“Amazing Food Poor Service”

PANTRY Cafe- Jumeirah
Ranked #1,282 of 10,059 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: International
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Took my girlfriend to the "Cafe of the year 2013" and with a nice ambiance in the sun with the sprinklers in the background it was a nice really relaxing set up, the waiters did not show much interest after we had ordered and was not seen till the food came, the Wagyu Burgers were AMAZING including the Ketchup sauce, really the BEST Burger i have had in Dubai.

We ordered the Broccoli as a side dish but it only came after i had asked the waiter about it and arrived after we had finished our food so the relaxed atmosphere is carried through well by the waiters.

If you are looking for a lazy lunch day outside great ambiance with excellent food and not too fussed about service this is your new hang out.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

After a long and weary bout of discount shopping at the Cooperative across the road we decided to eat here on an impulse and boy, am I glad we did. Their limited range of delicacies, both savoury and sweet, from around the known world are a delight and just enough to meet the promise of the byword on their walls that offers 'comfort food from around the world'. An interesting design element (I hope that's all it was) is a set of 'house rules' painted on the wall just inside the main entrance extolling the virtues of some basic table manners such as not speaking with your mouth full, keeping elbows off the table, etc. The interiors are pretty much post modern industrial chic variety and consist of ventilation ducts and such. The walls are full of large wooden shelves stocked with an extensive range of products for sale such as pastas, dressings, flavored olive oils, pastes, jams and preserves.

Our food was freshly prepared for the most and came in about 20 minutes. The spinach and ricotta stuffed ravioli in mushroom sauce was as good as the humble club sandwich which was accompanied by thick hand cut fries and Sir Kensington ketchup (awesome). The selection of coffees and teas are outstanding for a non specialty restaurant and the comfortable seating topped by helpful, ever smiling staff just made our day. For 3 mains, 1 specialty cappuccino (Sumatra Mandheling) and a classic Tiramisu minus the alcohol we paid AED 235 ($65). Totally worth it. We will be back!

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The waiters seem to be run off their feet even though the cafe was pretty empty, it was hard to get their attention and there had been no one to greet and seat us when we entered. We chose to sit outside which has high tables and low tables, we opted for the former because the latter had tables too low to eat at. Unfortunately, the chairs of the high tables were pretty uncomfortable. There is free wifi but it wouldn't work for us for some reason. They could do with some tealights on the tables to round out the cosy ambiance that they've gone for. The food was ok, we had two main meals that were reasonably priced. We were surprised that there was no complimentary bread served at all. We ordered two different varieties of herbal tea and they both smelled wonderful, in lovely teapots, but had absolutely no taste! It was the strangest thing to drink what tasted like only hot water but had a delicious aroma. Big fail there. They should definitely change tea companies. Would I go back? I'm not sure, there are so many cafes to choose from in Dubai that it's not likely. If I had a two for one voucher then I'd probably go back to give it a second chance but otherwise Smiling BKK or Zurna next door, or Reef across the street would be my recommendation.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Location is average - on the corner of a busy street. Decor and setting is nice.
Service ok. Food hearty - homy and well portioned.
Overall a good place with the usual "organic", healthy" and "local" that tries to justify the price tag!

Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

On my visit to Dubai, my friend who I was staying with brought is here at 10pm on route home on recommendation by her friend. The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming and the good was incredible... However the service was very very 'steady'. I am being very picky, but after asking for the bill we waited a further 20 minutes before we were actually given it. The food made our visit well worth it though!