“Most comfortable bed in Dubai...otherwise, unremarkable.”

Movenpick Hotel Apartments Al Mamzar Dubai
Ranked #173 of 540 Hotels in Dubai
Kabul, Kabol, Afghanistan
“Most comfortable bed in Dubai...otherwise, unremarkable.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I come here frequently, mainly for the excellent comfortable beds here. It is like sleeping on a cloud. I notified of early check in, I wouldn't mind paying a pro-rate for this, it was approx 6am when I arrived. I was charged $114 USD, even though the room price was not much more than that, so I felt kind of caught, and paid practically twice for the same room. Being exhausted and nowhere to go at that time of day, I just expected it to be a bit more fair. In the USA I would not have even been charged at all if they had a room available, which they did here, I just got screwed. (and I know, this is NOT the USA) I did notify prior to arriving, the day before, that I had a very early flight. Other than the obvious taken advantage of, the hotel is very nice. I do not like to be bothered after a flight, but not even here 8 hrs and my phone rings asking when I will be checking out tomorrow, if I need a car etc, so that is very annoying. I had everything arranged, the front desk knew the deal, apparently there is lack of communication amongst the staff. I will be happy if I am left alone and not charged anything more so I can enjoy the only bright part of this stay and that is the bed. (I am putting terrible rating for value since I paid almost double for this room due to early check in--not fair)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Jane D
GMSquare, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Apartments Al Mamzar Dubai, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay. It's great to hear that you really enjoyed the quality of our beds, and also very sorry for the inconvenience regarding the early arrival fees. We truly look forward to welcoming you back again during your next visit to Dubai, and hopefully make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

Firstly I have to point out to any potential visitors that this is NOT a 5 star hotel. No way, no how.

We stayed here purely for budget reasons and in hindsight it wasn't worth it as we paid plenty in cabs getting to all the places we wanted to go.

Things started badly when we were taken to a twin room having booked a king, although they rectified this very quickly. The new room however was unclean. Dirt all over the bathroom floor.

Other things to look out for:

- room key stopped working on 3 occasions (can't be kept without 5ft of a mobile phone apparently)
- ordered a taxi and were given a "hotel limo" without being told. Charged us twice the amount for the same journey we'd done previously.
- Towels had stains and holes in
- corridors are dirty, with stained carpets and rubbish.
- strange smells in corridors at all times. Such as Food/varnish/bananas. Very strange.

On the upside the beds are very comfy and the pool area is nice. Not many beds but there were never many guests so no problems there.

The saving grace for this
Hotel is the fact that they managed to get a forgotten item to airport after we left it in the room. They got the package to the hotel quickly and didn't charge us so that really was good service.

Whilst there are good points and bad points, overall I would say spend the extra money and stay over the other side of town.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Apat1988
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review on Trip Advisor.

We are sorry to read from your review that you were little disappointed with your recent stay with us at Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square and do apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Please be assured that your valuable comments are positively taken onboard and has been addressed to the concerned managers for necessary and corrective actions to be taken.

On a more positive note, we are glad to know that you enjoyed our beds and the pool area.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Dubai.
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My vacations start here as the company I work for pays for the hotel. I find the hotel staff and services quite outstanding. The staff is always helpful and kind and wants to help. Every room I stayed at is clean and soundproof. It is really beautiful to sleep in the room as you can make it as dark as possible, there is no any noice coming from outside the room. TV service is quite good, as you have many UAE and International channels in the hotel. Room service is quite good, and reception is willing to help as I had some confusion about starting the internet to work, but when their assistance everything went out smoothly.
The swimming pool is on the roof and it's refreshing in Dubai where the temperatures are always hot, and fitness room is outstanding and you have everything you need. If you don't have a phone or computer device, they have Business Centre where you can use computers with internet and to print any paperwork you need. Business Centre does not work for 24 hours, but it is active during all day, from early in the morning until 00:00 as I remember.
Location is not the best place in Dubai, but since my company is providing me with the hotel, I cannot complain. They have shuttle bus service at the hotel to drop visitors to the airport and you can always catch a cab or ask reception to call a cab for you. The Bowling Hall behind the hotel is a great place to relax and enjoy your stay in the hotel even more. A shopping mall and few restaurants are in the walking distance of the hotel and the restaurant in the hotel is really nice place to dine as well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for writing a positive review on Tripadvisor! Thank you for recognizing Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square product and service. The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated and we hope to have the opportunity to be at your service again in the near future.
Exeter, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

The good things: very friendly and willing staff, nice welcome at the reception, comfortable bed, reasonable TV channels, appropriate conference facilities. Small but recent gym, nice rooftop space with a small pool. Supermarket next door.
The less good things: only one restaurant which is pretty mediocre (usual buffet style but not much variety), kitchenette doesn't have any utensils, rooms a bit plastic, shower leaks, minuscule hand basin in the bathroom, very limited room service menu, no alcohol available in the hotel at all. Location dreadful - difficult to find, about 15 minutes' walk from the metro, nothing to do around the hotel, a long way from everything - Deira about 20 minutes in a taxi, Dubai Mall even further.
Bottom line: if you're here for a couple of nights on business in the hotel and/or if you are looking for basic it's fine, but any longer and any higher aspirations and if you want to visit Dubai beyond the Al Mamzar district (near Sharjah), look elsewhere. This doesn't look or feel like any other Moevenpick I've ever stayed in, it's more like an Ibis but twice the price.

Room Tip: Make sure you're not overlooking Cairo Road, which is busy and noisy.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
MovenpickAlMamzar, Operations Manager at Movenpick Hotel Apartments Al Mamzar Dubai, responded to this review, February 6, 2016
Dear AuntieSueCornwall,

Thank you very much for taking time in sharing this review. All of our guests’ comments are very important to us and we appreciate your feedback.

Reading about the good and less good things you pointed out inspires us on which areas we do best and where we need to further improve on. We have shared your comments with the entire team.

However, it saddens us to know we were not able to meet your expectations with our location during your stay. We prioritize our guests' comfort and convenience; hence, we now offer complimentary shuttle services going to Al Mamzar Beach Park, Deira City Centre (shopping mall) and the nearest metro station, where you can start your journey to different places around Dubai. Again, we are sorry to learn that your experience did not live up to your expectations.

We still hope to welcome you back and ensure that your next stay with Mövenpick Hotel Apartments Al Mamzar is seamless.

Best Regards,
Rany Chammas
Operations Manager
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The company I work for pays for this hotel. The hotel staff goes out of their way to make you feel right at home. The customer service is outstanding. The rooms are clean and very very nice. The bedding and pillows are very comfortable. If you are on business this is the place you should stay. If you can afford the price for the rooms I highly reccomend this hotel, but for budget traverlers you may want to recheck your budget on this. As far as the food served anytime is outstanding. There is a small grocery store attached to the hotel and it is very good. I cannot think of anything negitive to say at all. You will find you will have all you need provided by this hotel. You will be very pleased. Hotel is set up for business people, families and single people as well. If you are goint to take a taxi anywhere around to and from airport etc. May I suggest you take a metered cab with lighted sign on top and not a private one cause it is much more exspensive. Best wishes to all travelers.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Javadog66
GMSquare, General Manager at Movenpick Hotel Apartments Al Mamzar Dubai, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for writing such a positive review on Tripadvisor!
Thank you for recognising Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square room product and food & beverage selection. We will make sure that your comments are shared throughout the hotel.
The positive ratings you gave us on Tripadvisor are greatly appreciated. Looking forward to welcoming you back soon and kind regards,

Round Rock, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel staff are very friendly and the hotel is clean and kept. The room service selection is good and the ice cream is a highlight on the menu. Overall its a very nice hotel but the biggest and really only negative thing I can say about it is the location. Its far from most normal commercial areas but I'm sure that'll change.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hawdeez
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square and for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad to know about your satisfactory experience with your stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

Abu Dhabi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Our family enjoyed staying at this apartment hotel. It was very clean and new. The pillows and bed were very comfortable and the room was quiet. All staff I met in this hotel were very nice and welling to help. Check in and out were professional but quick and easy. Hotel is few steps away from a popular supermarket which is very convenient (and about 2 streets away from an old mall that has a bigger supermarket and a food court.)

Room Tip: Family rooms are 2 interconnecting rooms with a living area and open plan kitchenette.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank tbdreams
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay.
It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that it was a comfortable experience.
We truly look forward to welcoming you all back to Moevenpick Hotel Apartments The Square during your next visit to Dubai.

Kind regards,