“English-themed pub, good for sports”

The Underground Pub
Ranked #451 of 9,663 Restaurants in Dubai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Newcastle, UK
“English-themed pub, good for sports”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Had a couple of drinks here when staying next door at the Royal Meridien. My husband enjoyed the darts board, the only one we'd seen during our stay. Lots of TVs showing sport. Quite a rowdy ex-pat crowd when we visited.

Prices were higher than I was expecting (£7 a pint), but then this is Dubai.

We learnt it was possible to reserve tables, as my husband and I were asked to vacate ours for an identical one opposite. According to the barman they 'had some friends coming who wanted it, they might be 15 minutes, but could be an hour'. Thought this was a bit strange - why our exact table? We didn't stick around for another drink, whereas we might have done if hadn't been made to feel unwelcome.

Oh and the bar is themed on the London underground system - fortunately they didn't include the rodents!

• Visited May 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good concept with poor and rude servers..”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I am going there almost everytime but still the behavior of the servers remain same. I wanted to change my order within a minute of the old order, and I was been told by a Myanmar girl server that "next time think before u order". Really???? Yesterday I told one Phillipina server that I had all my previous gin with tonic on side but u mixed it this tym. She replied "do u think I will remember if u don't mention again?" I m so disappointed.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank priyanka0708
“Down right pathetic!! ”
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

I've been to this place so many times because I work near by, tonight my visit with few of my colleagues turned out to be a total mess! We found an empty table outside the bar, we seated ourselves and then waited for 15 mins for somebody to attend us it seemed like we were invisible to the waitresses. I went inside to ask for assistance to a waitress very politely and she got so uncomfortable and grumpy saying that go wait outside somebody will attend you I'm a minute, I felt bad I went to the other waitress and asked to speak to the manager and got a reply "what for?" That's brilliant isn't it? Well finally we never got to speak to the manager she took our order and rudely asked me that if I would like to open a tab I should give her my credit card. I have her my card and asked her to bring me my bill. Before my drinks came to the table without asking me I was charged in my card without my presence. Drinks came after 10 mins and were just dumped on the table and then the waitress again very rudely demanded for my signature, that moment I asked her did you confirm with me before charging me on my card because I asked you for the check and not to charge me on my card, she kept defending herself until she could. I asked for the manager again which never came. I was told that it would take more that two weeks if they void the transaction to refund rebate my account well that's crap it takes 1 minute to get the rebate if you void the transaction on master or credit cards. In the end one supervisor came out and he tried to explain but was shirt of words. We were offered one pint of beer to make things up but that does not justifies the humiliation we faced by the hand of the two rude waitresses who were so unwelcoming. Poor very poor never expected that I would be treated like this in my favourite bar. :((

2 Thank Humayun J
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“A little piece of England”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Say no more .
For ex-pats who enjoy a pint , a game of pool or darts and more importantly watching the football , this is a little piece of England . Be aware that they still allow smoking inside and you may come across the odd loud football supporter or loud mouth telling you what he does for a living or how much his next deal is worth , but put that aside it does have a fair selection of beers and ciders to cool you down when the temperature hits 40 degrees .
Located at the Habtoor on Jumeirah beach !!!

Visited April 2014
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Good service”
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Standard prizes for dubai, good service, there are two pool where you can play and meet new people. Only one disagree is about the kitchen, they close the kitchen too early

Visited December 2013