“Service with out smile”

Nell Gwynne Welsh Pub
Ranked #3,197 of 9,478 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: The Marina
Dubai
“Service with out smile”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

First and last time. Don't understand places that employ miserable staff. Only one bar staff was helpful. Was about to order food but then the band started playing unfortunatly their talent button was being serviced. Think i should have been paid to listen to them

1 Thank DubaiVidiot

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Used to be good.... now tainted by poor management.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I have drank in the Marina Byblos on hundreds of occasions since it opened. Previously I loved nothing more than going in there for a pint and some food and inexplicably leaving several hours later after watching the game followed by a boogie on the dancefloor, however, I will not be going back!
This is based on the poor customer service exhibited by the manager (short baldy Scottish guy). Last weekend I arranged to meet up with my friends in the bar, however, when I arrived I was denied entry by the (very friendly) security as I was wearing flip flops and shorts. Apparently it is a new rule that this shocking attire is not allowed entrance after 8pm - it was by now about 8:10pm. I asked to speak with the manager. When he arrived I explained my predicament and that my friends had arrived 15 minutes earlier (wearing shorts and flip flops) and were now inside enjoying a beer and could he make an exception on this occasion, as I was unaware of his new ruling. He was adamant that this was impossible, which struck me as strange as I spoke to my friends inside who informed me there were many patrons wearing similar attire already inside the bar.
Well thank you Mr Jobsworth, you have now lost a regular customer plus the 4-5 people who I regularly go in there with. Talking as someone who ran bars and nightclubs for several years, may I offer you the free advice that you should maybe consider a change in career as you are shockingly poor at the one you are currently in! Senior management take note - the bar managers attitude is losing you money!

• Visited March 2014
3 Thank RockJock2014
“Not impressed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Food is good but expensive
the staff not friendly and charged me incorrectly and was made to feel stupid to ask for my difference in money back
The indian barman who served me should not work in hospitality

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jacqueline K
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible Terrible Management @ Nell Gwynnes Bar”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have been a regular to Nell Gwynnes Bar in Byblos Marina. First I liked it but the Bar manager and assistant manager are just useless, ignorant and rude persons. It is really sad to see an (actually) nice place being missrepresented by people that seem to have brains of a fly and that try to hide this fact through ignorance and impolitness.
Definitely not worth going there unless these people have been removed!

1 Thank Matthaeus71
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Aweome ambience with good english music”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I discovered this retro as soon as i landed in Dubai. I was staying in Lotus Marina and was looking for a place where i can quickly grab a beer. The place is just like an English pub. Variety of beer and wine available. Nice people. I soon felt in love with this bar and finally made it my favorite bar in Dubai. The music is cool and then every night they have a different theme. You actually enjoy drinking here. Food quality is nice, the quantity is also too much :).

• Visited September 2013