“Indonesian Food at it best”
Review of Wok It

Wok It
Ranked #3,433 of 9,867 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Asian, Indonesian, Malaysian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

away from home is one of the trouble I had when I want to eat Indonesian food. I came here twice, for both I had a nice meal. first time I ordered Nasi goreng kampung, the taste was just right. and the second visit I ordered Char kwe tiaw, the taste is nice.

this place not only serve Indonesian food, they have also thai food and other south east asian food. with good food, good portion, and reasonable price this restaurant worth to visit.
and try also the Martabak, you may choose the sweet or the savory one. they have the best martabak.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Wok it is authentic Indonesian cuisine.
It's basically the deliciousness of street food but with an upscale presentation. Not hotel grade but far from street food.
Location is excellent, right on the main street with ample parking.

Interior is modernistic in style. Large empty spaces, wood trimming, big windows and plenty of lighting.

Staff are eager to help, friendly and knowledgable. They not only suggested popular items,they even asked what our preferences were. Very big positive because we were clearly not Indonesian and hence not super familiar with the cuisine. A big plus for accommodating nom-Indonesians. Also, most staff are Indonesian as well.

The food is excellent. As said above, the character and diversity of street food but presented a bit more neatly.

Even though the name suggests Chinese cuisine, it's actually prediminantly Indonesian.

Highly reccomended.

Please give this review a thumbs up if you benefited.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had doubts when my sister suggested we had dinner at this place. I have grown wary of restaurants that pop up out of nowhere and, no offense to Karama, but in this area especially. So it was a wonderful surprise to be welcomed with a hostess with the warmest smile and to enter a clean and orderly venue. There were no one else when we arrived and since we came in full force, 9 of us, we had to connect two tables together.

The staff: It's always great to dine in a place where you enjoy Asian hospitality. They are truly gracious and very polite. They also know their menu very well and offered suggestions truthfully. If it's hot and spicy for our Filipino tastebuds, they told us so and not forced it on us saying "No, madam, it's not spicy at all" when in fact you needed a fire extinguisher after the first bite!

The food: Where do I start? Everything is just so tempting! My niece insisted on starting with the garlic prawn crackers, and they were really delicious, crisp and hot. The selection is not extensive but they are very good and all freshly prepared in the open-plan kitchen.

The price: Very competitive and well worth every Dirham!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The restaurants offers Asian Menu which most of it are Indonesian Menu plus some South East Asian Menu. The portion is decent and the food quality align with the beautiful presentation. The service is really efficient and fast. Try the dragon fruit drinks, it's unique and tasty!
You should not missed the Martabak (both the Egg and the Sweet for dessert) when you visit them.

The overall price is a bit more compared to another Asian/Indonesian Restaurant in town, but the ambience, service and the quality of food give, worth the single dirham spent!

Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Everything is excellent...the food quality is great...the only turn off is the restaurant close from 3-6...so you can't dine when you want to have a late lunch or early dinner. I think the owner should think about opening it all day. Especially for tourists who do not have travel to the restaurant based on TripAdvisor's rating or word of mouth. Arrive at the restaurant at 3:30 pm, hungry and it's closed :-( So, Pizza Hut it is...