“Loved it, great place”

Rang Mahal by Atul Kochhar
Ranked #62 of 9,665 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Chef Atul Kochhar is the celebrity Michelin star Chef of Benares, London who brings his culinary talents to the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, creating Indian Cuisine with a contemporary style. Crafted by chef Amrish Sood who was announced 'BBC Good Food Chef of the Year' and "Caterer Middle East Head Chef of the Year", Rang Mahal has been awarded multiple awards from the opening. Promotions: Daily: a signature 9-course Navratan menu form AED 395 p.p. Daily: Lounge packages from AED 69
Dubai
“Loved it, great place”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It is a modern design Indian rest, which is strange for such kind of cuisine; they usually have a tradition Indian decoration.

It is one of the places where you will get the very good quality of Indian food. The atmosphere was nice, the location is very good, the service was very good, The Grills was excellent, I loved all their grills including the beef soft and tender specially the Chicken and the prawns.
The price was fine, quiet expensive but not to regret.

Great modern decoration, but what they lack is they need a proper music or a singer to make it more lovely to dine.

I will go back and dine in this place for sure if I have the chance.

• Visited March 2013
DXBJW, Public Relations Manager at Rang Mahal by Atul Kochhar, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are glad to know that you liked the atmosphere, service and food at Rang Mahal. Thank you for dining with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back again to Rang Mahal.

Berlin, Germany
“Best Indian Meal I have ever eaten ...by a long way”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Visited restaurant early evening midweek. Main dining area fully booked so we were seated in bar area in nice alcove. Decor very plush modern throughout the restaurant and bar. Clientele seems to be mainly affluent Indian expats , at least when we were there.
We ordered the Grazing menu with a selection of dishes to try. Main course was three small dishes. One fish, one lamb and ....well cant remember now...but all three were fabulous and bursting with flavours...
Price for meal was very reasonable and I can't wait to go back again. Booking is advised if you want into the main restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
We are glad to know that you liked the Grazing menu and had a great dinner experience at Rang Mahal. We look forward to welcoming you back again to Rang Mahal. We hope you like other menu items as well.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Went with too much expectations...came back disappointed...”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Why do we call a restaurant awesome...basically because the food is superlative...this was not the case with Rang Mahal...maybe the chefs had a off day...or were tired 2 days before the official launch...

I tried a complete vegetarian dinner...options are a lille low...the amchury grilled veggies had an overdose of capsicum and well super amchury...try it if u are sleepy...rest of the food was very average...I tried both the dals...both average... I guess I went with too much expectations and came back disappointed...

Service a tard slow but very warm n friendly...avoid stepping on the dress of ure hostess...they are bright red...but u will be swooning at the interiors...and missing ure step n possibly on to her dress...

Great interiors...saw a good selection of drinks too...

I will return once again to try out the non vegetarian fare but this time with 0 expectations...

1 Thank Manoj A M
We are sorry that our vegetarian menu items did not meet your expectation. Thank for your feedback and bringing it to our attention as we value your feedback. We hope you like our non-vegetarian menu items. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
“Highly recommended”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We preferred to have our post-valentine date at Rang Mahal. By the time we entered the place we were already impressed. We had some cocktail drinks (variety of interesting selection of drinks) at the Bar area while waiting for our reservation. The food was truly amazing from the starter up to dessert. Don't miss the soft shell crab appetizer. The buttered chicken was very tasty. My bf had the tasting menu, perfect portions of his chosen dishes, which he did enjoy up to his last bite. (until now he still can't get over about the mouthwatering sea bass dish which was part of the main course). The service was exceptional, atmosphere was sophisticated, the whole experience was fantastic! Though the music at the latter part of the evening didn't suit my taste but it didn't bother me.The price is well worth the experience. I don't really fancy Indian food, I just thought why should I not give it a try and I'm so glad I tried it. I trust my bf when it comes to fine dining choices and he didn't let me down again.

• Visited February 2013
We are glad to know that you had an outstanding experience at Rang Mahal. Thank you for dining with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.
“Wonderful Indian food”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I had a fantastic Valentine's Day meal at Rang Mahal. We had the set menu and what an impressive menu it was too. Each dish was different but incredibly tasty. From a delicate crab starter to a tender lamb main dish each was perfectly prepared and we finished feeling wed fed but not bloated. Service was attentive but not overbearing. We will return here and I would recommend Rang Mahal. As with all Dubai restaurants, wine was over priced.

• Visited February 2013
We are glad to know that you liked the menu items at Rang Mahal and had a memorable dining experience. Thank you for joining us. We look forward to welcoming you back again.