“Not that authentic”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Not that authentic”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

This place definitely doesn’t have that old hammam feeling. It’s basically a hair salon in a mall, with one room for the hammam. There is no steam room and no hot tub. In fact, to get the steam, they have you stand in front of a steam tap for five minutes. It’s not relaxing, there wasn’t a lot of steam, and it stopped after a couple of minutes, but no one came back for another 10 minutes. By that time, we were freezing cold (and a bit bored). I mentioned the steam had turned off ages ago and the girl just shrugged. I don’t think the staff speak much English. There was no massage included. The change room is tiny (we were two people sharing it too), about 3’ x 5’, with no mirror. There isn’t even a toilet on site, we had to use the one in the mall. I felt clean afterwards, but feel I could have had the same feeling if I steamed up my own bathroom and gave myself a good scrub. No frills, and no special experience. Will not return.

Visited May 2013