“One remarkable person, one great restaurant”

Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Ranked #61 of 549 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“One remarkable person, one great restaurant”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had an amazing time. Two families of four. Children aged between 3 & 8. The hotel was very good - everything that you expect in Dubai. Great food great service. This is my first comment on trip advisor only for two very good standout aspects. Firstly, thinking with my stomach, Restaurant Ba. Amazing Chinese food. Words cannot go further. Secondly, the love and care that the poolside assistance / lifeguards show. Nearly more lifeguards than children. One stand out member of staff, the gorgeous Sri Lankan Sandy. I cannot say enough about Sandy's skills and abilities. Our children were constantly enchanted and mesmerised by Sandy. She is one in a million and her skills are very very few and far between. The Fairmont Palm is lucky to have Sandy.

Room Tip: Sea view, with Sandy.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (932)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We stayed at this hotel when I was 16 weeks pregnant with my first child. Myself, my husband and my sister all came for some R&R and it was utterly spectacular. We wanted a holiday where we could unwind, have a slice of luxury, yet be close to the action should be want it. We were blown over. Firstly the welcome: our flight got in in the middle of the night and so technically we shouldn't have been able to check in until 2pm the next day. We arrived at the hotel, immediately greeted by wonderful concierge and headed for the check-in desk. To our surprise and joy we were immediately shown to our room which was so welcome and extremely kind. The foyer of the hotel is impressive. It has the air of grandeur but is extremely spacious, absolutely spotless and very welcoming with seating areas dotted around. At no time did I see crowds of people congregated in the foyer which was very welcome. We were shown to our room, again, wonderfully spotless and extremely comfortable. There were two large Queen beds, a bathroom with shower and bath and a whole host of amenities. Whilst a small thing, the duvets were so comfortable that even now I can remember them! The pool area was expansive, so much so that you never felt like you were in any way inhibited by other people. There are a range of loungers and circular beds both near the pool area and on the sand, onto which the pool area backs. As soon as you arrived at the pool area you are met with cold water in a cool back and some towels. It is truly wonderful service. There is a section for swimming adjoining the hotel in the sea. Even the beach was spotless. We went for a half board option and the food was probably the biggest highlight for us as foodies. Every morning and night the food that we ate was quite spectacular. In the morning there was a mix of western and eastern cuisines, hot, cold, made to order etc. In the evening again a whole mix of food from cuisine but for us the highlight was the sushi bar as part of the buffet. Never have I ate so much wonderful sushi and sashimi and it was endless. To end there was an entire section dedicated to desserts and an ice-cream bar. To us, it is what holidays and relaxation is all about. We used the gym which was well equipped and, again, spotless. We also attended the shisha bar on a number of nights and found the vibe to be chilled and relaxed. On Friday we ate brunch at the hotel which is an absolute feast - my sister is unable to eat meat and so instead of the meat portions she was given unlimited lobster - quite spectacular. In the foyer area, when waiting for a taxi one day, we got chatting to one of the concierge. He was so very informative about Dubai and gave us lots of great tips. From that moment on, whenever we came into the hotel we were given coffee and dates as a welcome and we would sit down for a chat with him. It is this sort of attention to detail that means that when we return to Dubai, there will be no other hotel option for us.

Room Tip: There is no bad room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank AJRA2013
Kent, Washington
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I stayed at the Fairmont the Palm on Jumeirah between April 24 and 28—staying 4 nights. Prior to my hotel stay, I contacted the property and concierge various times to ask questions about scheduling activities, room adapters, etc. I was pleased with the attentiveness and quick responses from the hotel. (If you're interested in knowing, the hotel does provide travel adapters for plugs that don't fit the standard socket in the UAE. Also, I successfully booked my desert safari through the concierge)

HOTEL ROOM
The hotel room was a very good size. My friend and I got a 2 queen bed, seaview room (totally worth it) which had a very good sized balcony. One morning we ordered room service and had breakfast (which was more expensive, but you're paying for convenience—it is a resort) on our balcony. The view of the sea and skyline was spectacular.

The beds were extremely comfortable. I've stayed in many Fairmont properties in the past, and they seem to always have comfortable beds! The bathroom was a good size as well, with access to a deep soaking tub and a stand-in shower (with shower head and rain shower options). There was a separate room enclosed by a door that had the toilet and bidet. As always the Rose 31 products never disappoint.

There was a lamp in my room sitting on the office desk that seemed to not work—I couldn't figure out for the life of me, how to turn it on! Plus, it was on a hinge that you can tighten and loosen to adjust the height—but it was broken, so it just sat on my desk...

TIP: Sign up for the President's club membership. Frequently mentioned on trip advisor is the free internet (which was spotty, and kept dropping off. It might have been my browser, because Chrome kept on having issues, but Firefox worked). But, if you are a President's club member you also get free access to gym apparel and shoes. I was surprised to see lovely Reebok shoes, dry fit shirt and shorts in a nice enclosed box for my use. Although I didn't use it, it was nice to have the option.

SERVICE

It seemed that everyone there was helpful, but I got the impression that most people working at the hotel was just there to do a job. Check in was facilitated by a woman who "did the job" but wasn't really excited to work there—No smile, no personality. I experienced the same type of demeanor from the concierge desk and the desk adjacent to it. Although, there were a few people, mainly the filipinos, that had a great attitude. I guess it's just their culture, but they were always smiling and ready to be hospitable.

LOCATION

It was such a great thing to say, I am staying on a hotel situated on a man-made island in the shape of a palm tree. However, the location of the hotel, on the trunk of the palm, alongside with the various one-ways, exits, undepasses, etc... that made it extremely difficult for taxi drivers to figure out how to get to the hotel. Various times, the taxi drivers got confused and instead drove further out towards the Atlantis hotel and missed our exit towards the underpass, which resulted in more expensive taxi fares.

THE FOOD/BARS

We dined at the Flow kitchen a few times. The first evening we opted not to get the buffet dinner and just order a la carte. The food was pretty good. The gentleman working there offered us complimentary salad and appetizers from the buffet, which was nice. In the morning we also ate at the Flow kitchen for a buffet breakfast—they had an arabic section, pork section (normally, locals do not eat pork), hot food section, bakery section, etc.

One night my friend and I had food and drinks at BA, their asian themed restaurant. Since we were wearing shorts we could only eat at their lounge. The porkbelly was delicious. And as always, the food was priced steeply.

CONCLUSION

I think overall, it's a nice hotel. As stated earlier, I've stayed in other Fairmont properties (Various ones in Vancouver BC, Manila, Seattle) and this one didn't seem to have the "umph" that the others did. Everything on paper was good, but didn't get the welcoming and exciting vibe that I got in the Vancouver Fairmonts. I think in the future, although I rated this a 4 out of 5, I would try another hotel—there are alot of other great options in Dubai!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jerome B
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed for 8 days at Fairmont The Palm. We were upgraded upon checked-in at 1am to the Gold floor. Didn't realize that until we spoke to a Gold Lounge reception. Pleasant environment, great facilities for kids and fabulous housekeeping team, Rangga especially,who took care of our room and went all out to serve us.
Dimas at breakfast at the Gold Lounge made an effort to know all of our names and remembered our daily dosage of caffeine.
The hairdresser made me feel like I have known her eons ago! Great job, girl!
Fabulous service at the Gold reception and the only flaw was, when you request for something, they'll say they'll check and they totally forget all about it! Mostly, we were happy so were the twins!

• Stayed April 2014
Lucerne, Switzerland
Reviewed May 1, 2014

The Hotelroom was on high standard (German basin V&B !!).
The Hotel is located at the beginning of the Jumeirah Palm, the way from the airport is approx. 30min.
The Beach is beautiful and very safe :-)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

2 Thank Kacass
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is an OK place for a beach holiday in Dubai if you get a good deal. Rooms are good, beach is normal for Dubai, pools are OK. It lacks charm however, the restaurants have this run-down US hotel vibe, there are only little gardens, given that it has no space as a result of its palm stem location (compared to the hotels on the rim). Not bad, but not good either, there are many many better choices in Dubai

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Georg H
Jeddah
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice great hotel, don't miss it
There's are very good service and the room service very helpful .
the breakfast very great.
the pool very cold.
the sea is privet and nice view special at the night.
good hotel