Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$168
$123
$272
$300
$249
$323
$294
Hotels.com
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$118
  • Pool
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$155
$228
$189
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$190
$122
Trip.com
$1,906
$191
$1,457
$1,225
5,140 results
All reviewsgold loungeflow restaurantsea grillbrazilian restaurantba restaurantgold levelmashrabiya loungefamily pooladult poolsea viewafternoon teahalf boardlife guardspalm dubaibeautiful hotelpool beachbuilding work
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I decided to take my three children to Dubai and as my wife was not travelling with us I needed a place that would be a home away from home which the staff at Fairmount made it feel like, the only real disaster during my stay was the fact that I had paid for half board and my voucher clearly stipulated that I was told that they only had me booked in for bed & breakfast, after a couple of emails between my travel agent and I assume the hotel the matter was resolved within 48 hours, the complaint I have is that once the issue had been resolved the front desk staff should have informed me as they said they would rather than me having to chase them. I would also like to recommend that they redesign the children's pool area to make it a bit more entertaining as the Atlantis with its free access to its water park might seem more attractive as the Fairmounts pool can get dull after the first three days.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jav1973
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed 10 nights at the Fairmont, with our two children aged 13 and 3 during August. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. We had a few hiccups to start off with, but the staff at the front desk dealt with them efficiently, we would like to thank Mohammed at reception, also a big thank you to all the staff by the children's pool. Although breakfast was very busy waiting time was kept to a minimum due to the efficiency of the staff. We would recommend dinning at Flow Kitchen a variety of food lots of vegetarian choices. And a very big thank you to Sunny at Mashrabiya Lounge for been so accomadating to my 3 year old, he was so upset when we left and wanted to take her home with him. We would definetly recommend
this Hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank happyeater64
FairmontThePalm, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2013

Dear happyeater64,

Thank you for choosing Fairmont The Palm as your family holiday destination and for displaying your satisfaction of your recent stay.

We are happy that we met your expectations and that our team made such a positive impression on you. I will be sure to share your appreciation with Mohammed and Sunny.

It will be our pleasure to have you back for further memorable moments.

Frederic Bellone
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I booked 3 ocean view rooms for 6 nights at the fairmont to celebrate my parents 60th and 70th birthdays between 13th -19th August. Our party also included my wife and two children (aged 3 years, and 9 months old respectively) and my brother.

We arrived at the hotel at about 9.30am after a 7hour flight from London. We had requested an early check in with our original booking. Unfortunately the hotel was full, and we were kept waiting for a room and sat in the tea room for the next four hours with little communication from the front desk. There excuse was that there computer system was down, but we saw plenty of guests arrive after us and be checked in. We had to feed our baby in the lobby area and change nappies in the main bathroom on the ground floor. It was only until we complained that we were given a holding room (4 hours after we originally arrived). They then explained that they were having trouble finding 3 rooms in close proximity to each other and that was the reason for the long delay. I feel the staff should have been honest and told us this in the first place rather than keep us waiting for 4 hours and giving excuses such as the computer system has crashed. Anyway when we were allocated our rooms, we were given 2 ocean view rooms next to each other on the third floor and then a partial view room on the seventh floor. When I explained to the staff that we had paid for 3 ocean view rooms and to read our vouchers they then said our agent had made a mistake and that they had upgraded my parents to an ocean view room! I paid £6420 for 3 ocean view rooms for six nights. I told him to read my voucher but he said he couldn't find it although I had given it to front desk a few hours earlier. Fortunately I had a copy but he was still not prepared to help me despite talking to the room coordinator saying that the hotel was full. I come to Dubai every year and usually stay in the royal meridian or Hilton, but they could not give me 3 ocean view rooms in close proximity to each other, whereas Fairmont told my agent they could hence I booked the hotel. Anyway they said they would look into it and someone will contact us the following day. Nobody contacted us. I was so annoyed by this stage that I did not want to deal with the front desk anymore as I felt they were being dishonest and I was spending more time there rather than enjoying my holiday.

After 3 days I was relaxing by the pool having a casual conversation with the friendly leisure manager Philip Bartle. He was from England and we were talking and after a while he asked me what did I think of the hotel. I told him that I liked the hotel but I felt my family and I were treated poorly by the front desk and explained to him what had happened. Later that afternoon I got a call from Philip at front desk and he explained he had looked into the matter for me, and he and the front desk felt that we had been treated unacceptably and that they decided to switch the seventh floor partial view room to a third floor ocean view suite for the remaining 3 nights of our holiday. I was delighted and remain indebted to Philip because it was an exceptional thing to do and my family and I really started to enjoy our holiday after that intervention by him. Sherif on the front desk was also helpful in resolving the matter. The rest of the front desk who dealt with my family and I should bow their heads in shame!

The hotel itself is very good. The rooms are lovely and there is plenty of choice in the restaurants for everyone. I would advise booking half board because the food in the hotel is so good why bother eating elsewhere. The desserts were exceptional and among the best I've ever had. I looked forward to the desserts at the flow restaurant every evening and they gave my father a nice surprise on his birthday!
The kids had great fun in the family pool which was lovely and staff were excellent and kept the kids entertained.

All in all, this hotel has the potential to be exceptional but the standards at front desk need to improve. They were the standards I would expect in Greece or Tunisia, not Dubai! Be honest with guests and more considerate especially if they have infants.

Room Tip: Choose an ocean view room and half board.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Rolly78
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Beautiful property on the Palm island. Great beach for swimming in front of lifeguards and for calm waters. They have beach beverage service, and umbrellas set up all along the wide beach.

Get an ocean view, well worth the upgrade price. Otherwise you have a view of the road, and the high priced cars testing out their motors between speed bumps.

Only downside of this property is that you cannot walk to anything else. No shops,no 7-11 store, no restaurants. The marina area with many restaurants, and bars is a 10 min cab ride.

Room Tip: Pay extra - go for the ocean view. The view is of the big private yachts, or are they ships?
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Wooster70
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We literally arrived home last night after spending 12 nights at the Fairmont. Having previously stayed at Le Royal Meridien our expectations were very high and I have to say we weren't disappointed. A beautiful, clean and spacious hotel, exceptionally friendly staff (particularly in the Gold Lounge and the LifeGuards and Pool Staff). It's definitely worth upgrading to Gold, to make use of the Lounge with its complimentary drinks and food as drinks are pretty pricey around the hotel (I paid £18 for a single glass of Prosecco around the Pool).

The bedrooms were excellent, clean, well equipped and spacious and superb products in the bathroom. It was a stones throw to walk to the Gold lounge for breakfast with a view that is simply breathtaking across the water to the Dubai skyline.

I agree with other comments about limited restaurant choices but what I will say is that everywhere we ate in the hotel, the food was exceptional, I have never tasted fillet steak like I did in the SeaGrill on 25!!!

My only criticism would be lack of activities for the older children aged 9-15 as in previous hotels they provided an area for the older kids to relax on x-box (more than 1 is necessary) also perhaps Pool or table tennis etc as the kids club (although great) just wasn't geared up for the older kids. Also would be helpful to have an area of the buffet geared towards kids (pasta, burger, pizza perhaps?)

That said we had a fabulous holiday and would not hesitate to return or recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013