“wonderful hotel with 7 stars for customer service”

Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Ranked #62 of 550 Hotels in Dubai
York, United Kingdom
“wonderful hotel with 7 stars for customer service”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

great and very customer focussed hotel.
The rooms view and balcony was huge as the excellent featured bathroom. The cleanliness was second to none. reception staff were not quite as open and welcoming as I would have liked, but it was a bank holiday and they looked stressed.
the staff in the restaurant couldn't do enough for you. The choice of food was excellent from the breakfast to the evening meal. the scrambled eggs were the best i have ever tasted. I had a great business trip at the Fairmont and were made to feel like princess. I would definitely recommend it if you want a great business base with everything at your fingertips

Room Tip: go for deluxe sea view
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank drnicolajs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (934)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Muscat
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I am a British expat living in Oman. I travelled up to Dubai to play in a concert a friend of mine had organised, and she had arranged us a two night stay at the Fairmont on The Palm. I have stayed at some amazing hotels throughout my life but The Fairmont really is quite stunning in so many ways. The room was beautiful in every way. The first thing I always do is try the bed! Fantastic and with a choice of pillows. Wonderful balcony with even more stunning far reaching views of The Palm and Dubai Marina. There's even a Nespresso machine in every room! (I went out and bought my own)! Great stylish bathroom with wonderful features. We had fresh fruit and chocs too. The dining was quite amazing as well, but the main great quality this hotel has are the staff - nothing is too much trouble and they know what it is you want before you do! So courteous and thoughtful, ALL THE TIME. I would recommend this hotel to anyone - so well placed in Dubai for great shops, restaurants and nightlife. This is now my hotel of choice in Dubai and I must have stayed at at least 30 over the years.

Room Tip: Get one with a sea view - amazing!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Bruce W
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Bottom line - this is a great hotel, perfectly laid out with experienced and attentive staff. Fairmont HQ should be proud of their team here. We have just returned from a 7 night stay in a one bedroom sea view suit and really felt relaxed and in luxury. We had issues with our room on the first morning and Priscilla knew exactly how to resolve it. She listened, understood and resolved to the level above and beyond what was expected which clearly came from her years of experience and made it a wonderful stay for us. We were disappointed the Chinese restaurant is not yet open but the in room dining was fantastic which we had a few times. Special mention also goes out to Anisia who was excellent at check in. Definitely stay here if you get the opportunity.

Room Tip: Sea view is a must have and one bedroom suits are huge!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I don't usually spend time to write reviews, but Fairmont at the Palm really deserves it. We visited the hotel for a weekend getaway and stayed for one night in a one-bedroom suite. The room was really spacious (159 sq. metres), beautifully decorated with attention to detail and the view of the pools, Arabian Gulf and Marina skyline from our balcony was amazing. The hotel staff were really helpful and attentive and everyone with whom we interacted had a genuine smile, making us feel they really enjoyed what they were doing. Furthermore, this hotel offer some really good dining options with Frevo being at the top of our list. We'll definitely visit again!

1 Thank L0nd0n1978
Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2013

After much consideration I chose this hotel to spend a break with my wife, overall the accommodation and facilities were excellent.

What actually made the visit very nice were the staff, Leah, Govinda, Sidney, Susan, Jane and many many more who were absolutely charming.

Thanks also to the catering staff who provided a range of food for my wife that were suitable for her dietary requirements.

Things to note are that if you are a light sleeper a city room may not be the best choice as the traffic noise can be quite intrusive well into the small hours.

Restaurant facilities were fine but a little expensive and if you can I would take a half board option if at all possible, the hotel is quite a distance form other restaurants and eateries so you will find your self dining there a lot.

Overall very satisfied :)

Room Tip: Sea view unless you sleep like a log, sometimes the noise feels like you have a Ferrari in the bedro...
1 Thank MarkinCheshire
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I could write a lengthly review about this spectacular hotel and all its pleasantries. However, what truly made my stay memorable was my evening at The Cigar Room. The bar tender, Eddy, has true passion for his craft and knows how to make the perfect drinks. He puts much effort into the small details and is pleasant to converse with. Deepak was very modest about his knowledge on cigars, but was able to teach me a great deal and helped me select an enjoyable cigar for my taste. Very friendly duo, and I highly recommend paying them a visit in The Cigar Room.

• Stayed May 2013
Richmond-London
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A big thank you to Sandi the life guard for all your help and Mr. Philip Bartel & Paul on the 9th floor..Luis and Deepak in the Cigar Bar with your superior knowledge of Cigars...i could list all the names but it would take too long :-)
The hotel is amazing - very grand with a service to match. I was very impressed when i stayed there just last week with my family (RM 914). Staff go out of their way (management included).
Highly recommend this hotel for couples and families - great kids club.
Worth paying that extra for the gold lounge with sea view rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FairmontThePalm, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear James 123456789,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful comments following your family’s stay with us.

We are in delight to learn that what we offered has exceeded your expectation and we appreciate your highlights regarding our professional team, facilities and services overall. Here at Fairmont The Palm, our aim is to “Turn Moments into Memories” for our guests and your acknowledgement that this has been delivered means a lot to us. We have shared your feedback and special recognition to Sandy, Phil, Paul, Luis, Deepak and the Cigar Room team who are grateful of your compliments.

Your high recommendation means a lot to us.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Frederic Bellone