“Absolute Quality In Every Department”

Fairmont The Palm, Dubai
Ranked #62 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Absolute Quality In Every Department”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We (myself, my husband and 3 children) have just spent nearly two weeks holiday at the Fairmont on the Palm Dubai. I can honestly say this quality hotel was the best we have ever stayed in, it is first class and has the wow factor from start to finish. The staff are professional, polite and always very attentive to every little detail. To name a few and i would especially like to thank Sidney, Dany, Himandri, Angeli, Roberto and Matheui, apologies to anyone I have missed you were all amazing. The rooms are exquisite and decorated to top quality with the most comfortable beds and pillows we have ever had. The veiw towards the sea and marina was just breathtaking especially at night. The buffet breakfast had an amazing choice of everything you could ever want and if it wasn't there "Himandri, Angeli, Dany, Sidney" or any of the lovely staff would get it for you in a second. The pool area had many lovely day beds and felt so relaxing as the pool staff lay out your towels for you and served drinks and food. The pool area follows straight onto the beach with the same attention to detail by the staff. We used the "kids club " which is also amazing, the facilities and toys are fantastic as were the lovely staff. Everyone made us feel so special and welcome, the doorman, the reception staff, dining and housekeeping. This hotel is immaculate and I recommend it to anyone, we will definitely be returning. Many thanks again to all the staff of this hotel that made our holiday fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea veiw room towards to marina
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Elaine B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (924)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful week at the hotel and wanted to compliment a few of the staff who were fantastic in every way, professional, charming, funny and helpful. First at the Concierge both Sisira and Mary went beyond the needs of the average holidaymaker. Second Danny who runs the "Flow Kitchen" restaurant which met our every expectation.
A great hotel, a wonderful holiday, and pampered by the best staff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
FairmontThePalm, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear barryloweuk,

We sincerely thank you for taking the time to provide this motivating comment on your holiday experience.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time at our beautiful resort and it is gratifying for us.

Danny, Mary and Sisira love going above and beyond to ensure that they deliver memorable experiences to our guests. Your kind words will go a long way to validate our colleagues’ hard work and inspire them to continue on in their quest to provide the quality service our guests expect and deserve.

We look forward to the day when you and your wife return to Fairmont The Palm.

Billericay, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 11, 2013

i would like to thank the staff of the fairmont for their fantastic service at every moment of our stay we were treated like kings.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were made to feel welcome and our every need was tended to with the upmost speed and efficiency.

the afternoon tea served in the lobby was magnificent as were all the meals serve in the array of restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FairmontThePalm, Director of Operations at Fairmont The Palm, Dubai, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear tim C,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful experience with us on Trip Advisor.

It is pleasing to learn that our services and products, especially of the afternoon tea at our Mashrabiya Lounge and dining menu options have exceeded your expectations. We are happy to note that you are appreciative of our team, who has taken care of you very well. This is exactly how we want our guests to feel – as royalties.

We look forward to your family’s return visit soon.

Dubai
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Quite the best value afternoon tea in Dubai (and we have been to many!), and the best scones yet! Most notable, though was the attentive, helpful service from all the staff, who did everything they could to make us feel welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Carolyn M
Dear Carolyn M,

Thank you for this short yet sweet review of our Mashrabiya Lounge.

Your outstanding rating of our Afternoon Tea and the compliments on your warm encounters with our colleagues is well appreciated.

We hope to have the pleasure of your next visit at Fairmont The Palm and get the chance to enjoy the rest of our facilities and dining offerings.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I would like to thank Sisira from Concierge for his professional and high quality service. He helped to book the famous and very popular restaurant of Dubai just before one day. Thanks a lot Sisira.
Talgat, Singapore

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Talgat,

Thank you for this recognition of our excellent customer service from Sisira, our Concierge Agent.

Sisira was in fact one of our shining stars at our recently held Colleague Awards. Your praise will go a long way as this keeps him inspired.

We do hope that your upcoming visit to Dubai will lead you back to our hotel.

Great Neck, NY
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This was my first time staying at a beach resort in Dubai. Out of the three times I've been to Dubai in the last three years, I must say that this was in all honesty the nicest property with the best service I've experienced yet.

After my 13 hour flight from NY, I was greeted by one of the front office agents in the arrivals hall (he was polite and just very cool). We got to the car, BMW 750il, and were off. It took approximately 20-25 minutes to arrive at the hotel where I was checked in immediately and brought to my room. The bell hop had explained every inch of my room to me and left. This is the point that I dropped everything and jumped into bed! Unfortunately, I lost one whole day to sleep, but the bed and pillows are insanely comfortable.

The next morning when I awoke, first thing to do was the gym. I must say, most resorts have crappy gyms with mainly machines, this one was a little better. As a hobby, I am a body builder, and do enjoy lifting very heavy weights. The gym here has free weights up to 26 kilos and a couple benches, about 6 machines for legs and shoulders, one free motion machine with pull up bar (hard to find pull up bars at hotels), a bunch of treadmills and recumbent bikes. After the gym, I had gone back to my room and changed for the day at the beach and went to breakfast. This is where I was truly impressed, the buffet breakfast was constantly being stocked and they had an amazing selection with the food being absolutely delicious.

After breakfast, I walked past the pools and got to the beach. The sand is a nice soft sand, but it does get pretty hot in the sun (not like the mayan riviera sand which never gets hot). One drawback about being on the beach on the Palm, once you step into the water its VERY rocky. One very important suggestion, bring water shoes, they will save your feet. Most everybody was stubbing their toes. Also, the lifeguards are pretty strict about not getting to far from the beach. I was told it's not because of all the boats that go by, but because of sharks and other big fish (people who ventured far from the beach would get frightened by their feet getting grazed by these big boys). I had spent the entire day on the beach and ate my lunch there.

The pricing of food on the beach is borderline ridiculous. I at one point ordered a cup of coffee, 24 Dirhams (depending on the xrate, between $6-$7).

Of all the restaurants and venues on property, I ate at the Seagrill the first night and Flow Kitchen the second. Both restaurants had delicious food, and the latter is a buffet style restaurant. The one thing I didn't like about the Flow Kitchen, as I'm dining alone, they tried to stick me in a back corner. When I had asked to sit outside, I meant I wanted to be outside. They had tried to stick me at a table with only one seat in the very back corner under an overhang. I sat at a table for 4, outside where I wanted to be.

Next morning, back to the gym and then the beach. I didn't have a full day, as I was transferring after check out to the Armani Hotel, for my conference.

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone who wants to travel to dubai, but needs a little break from being inside the city. The resort is set up beautifully and the service staff are truly impeccable. The food was delicious as both restaurants that I visited and the I truly do not have any complaints that warrant being listed here.

I do hope someone from sales, preferably Aghy Sati, reads this. I will gladly vouch for this hotel and sell it to my clients.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank worldtraveler0411
Dear worldtraveler0411,

Thank you for the detailed review of your recent stay with us.

We are glad to know that you had a pleasant stay and considers Fairmont The Palm a "haven for those seeking refuge from the hustle and bustle of Dubai city life". Compliments like these from a well-travelled guest is truly rewarding for us – be sure that all our colleagues will be made aware of your review. That said, we are however concerned to learn of the slight service hiccups you encountered at Flow which was immediately addressed. Please accept our sincerest apologies. Every single comment you have mentioned are taken into consideration.

Aghy and the rest of the Sales Team are absolutely thrilled to know that we were able to impress you; and grateful that you assert to recommend Fairmont The Palm to your clients.

It was our pleasure to be your host and will be more than glad to have you once more as our guest in the future.

Buenos Aires, Argentina
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The hotel is stunning. I've been to 5 star hotels in many cities of the world but none I liked as much as this.
The lobby is huge and ultra luxurious, with details of excellent taste.
The staff is most friendly from check in, cleaners, waiters of the restaurants, personal attendant at the pool ... all seek the comfort of the customers at all times. The attention is outstanding.
We have been in Dubai for 7 nights holiday with my 4 years and has been a wonderful experience for the whole family. Children also receive special attention, for example, in our room had 2 robes for adults and one for my son, is an excellent detail.
In the pool area, there is a huge children's pool, and also a water playground where I saw my son laugh out loud.
The view from our room was superb (worth applying sea view room). The room very spacious and comfortable.
The hotel's location is great. Everyone told me to visit the famous palm of Dubai, and I was in it! It was an incredible journey, earnestly recommend the Fairmont Palm Hotel.

Room Tip: the sea view rooms are worth the extra value!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Malerie_13,

Thank you so much for this lovely review.

We are overwhelmed with your compliments in all aspects of our resort. Fairmont The Palm and the entire team offers all types of guests an environment and service which is personally pleasing & compatible with their needs.

Your family vacation is our priority and we are delighted to be part of it.

We look forward to your return visit.