“Experience a whole new side of Dubai... and it's deliciously fascinating”

Frying Pan Food Adventures
Book on TripAdvisor
$115.00*
and up
Ranked #1 of 13 Food & Drink in Dubai
More attraction details
Owner description: Did you know that there’s an undiscovered foodie side to Dubai? And there’s no better way to explore it than with your tummy! Join us on a Frying Pan Adventure as we wind our way through Dubai’s most historic streets, exploring, tasting and savoring plates of rich ethnic culture that get served up in Dubai everyday.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Experience a whole new side of Dubai... and it's deliciously fascinating”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

How do you experience wonderful cuisine from 7 different countries without stepping foot in an airport? Answer: go on a Frying Pan tour in Dubai! Forget about the high rise, glitzy side of town and get up close and personal with the "real Dubai" and its huge array of restaurants. Our group was led by the food guide Arva. She's a mind of information and an inspiration for all things culinary - on the Arabian Tour we sampled food from Lebanese pizza to the best falafel I've ever had, from Baklava that was so good I became speechless to the incredible wonder of Iranian Lamb shank with dill, rice and beans. Never have my taste buds had such a treat. Our food marathom lasted over five hours so make sure you are hungry! I'll be back for your North African and Indian tours. Congratulations ... a tip top evening!

Visited May 2013

Plano, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“If you love food and culture, this is a MUST DO when in Dubai”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

The grit and grime of blingy Dubai is often glossed over by media. But there is such life, rich in authentic experiences and stories. If you are a fan of food and culture, Frying Pan Adventures is the perfect venue to take up when visiting Dubai.

Led by Arva Ahmed, Dubai cheap eats queen, the walking tours will take you around neighborhoods in the old part of town. Less bling and bustling with the expat population. Don't be fooled by the grit and grime of this part of town because there are loads of hidden gems that Arva is willing to share with tourists and UAE residents alike.

This was one of the best experiences I've had in my Dubai life. I wish that I had the time to join in more of the tours and had the time to revisit some of the most interesting food places ever. I would've loved to buy that Moroccan butter with the pungent smell of ripe cheese. Good thing I got my fair share of Moroccan tagines to go :)

Thank you Frying Pan Adventures! If you are visiting Dubai, this is truly one experience you MUST go through :)

1 Thank Didi P
FryingPanFoodieTeam, Owner at Frying Pan Food Adventures, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Didi P,

First of, thank you so much for the positive words. It is truly great to read that this was one of the best experiences of your time in Dubai! Thank you for eating with us through our North African tour.

We completely agree with you - Old Dubai doesn't get half as much attention as it deserves, and that's why we're so passionate about shining a light on that side of town where we have found street life, flavours and friends who keep bringing us back for more. I am thrilled that you had a chance to join us on the North African tour, and I do hope your travels bring you back to Dubai so we can continue to feed you great experiences, stories and regional treats!

On behalf of the Frying Pan team, our very best wishes,
Arva Ahmed
Chief Executive Muncher, Frying Pan Adventures
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We loved making this food pilgrimage with my husband, we got to know food that we would never try on our own. Was great to discover all these "hidden" places in Downtown Dubai that you would not go or get to know they exist. We want to go back to some of the restaurants, the food was delicious. And the best thing now we know what and how to order whenever we go to a Arabian restaurant. :)

Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing!”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I have now been on 2 of Arva's tours - the Arabian and the North African. Both were amazing! Arva has a lot of knowledge on not only the food but also on the local area. So while you are enjoying the delicious food you are also exploring an area of Dubai that most tourists don't get to explore. I tried so many dishes that I never would have thought to order - and enjoyed them all.

The personal touches are also lovely - Arva follows up with an email to thank you for joining her on her tour and gives you a little gift and certificate at the end of the night.

I am looking forward to also trying the Indian tour when I next get to Dubai.

Melbourne, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“overrated and overpriced”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went on the Arabian Food Pilgrimage with Frying Pan in early April. I was looking forward to this tour after reading the trip advisor reviews, thinking I would be trying some different and delicious food.

To sum it up the food was ok, (falafels balls, chicken and rice, pizza, bread, some meat and dessert) but I was expecting to try something a little different that I had not eaten before, even if this was not possible I still expected the food to be really good, but it was just ok.

I have done many food tours and this was probably the one I was most disappointed about - I think it is overpriced and overrated.

I will add that the communication from Arva before the tour was very helpful. I also think it is a good idea to have two meeting point options as this allowed us to decide late in the day where to meet her depending on where we were closest to at the time. I also thought the little gifts she gave us on and after the tour were a nice touch.

Visited April 2013
ASAhmed, Owner at Frying Pan Food Adventures, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear WonderWilma,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with our team after the tour.

We regret to hear that the tour did not meet your expectations. Every tour is planned with a great deal of care, research and passion - and we are sorry that the foods on the tour did not come across to you as different or exceptionally tasty.

We take every piece of feedback - both positive and constructive - very seriously, and thank you for sharing your honest opinions with us.

Best wishes,