“Huge dose of magic with a touch of class !”

Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris
Ranked #9 of 549 Outdoor Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Platinum Heritage desert safari tours in Dubai display expertise in not only luxury but culture, wildlife and history. We reveal our destination with an authenticity beyond the reach of any other adventure tour company. Our Dubai desert safari tours are exclusive and created for discerning travelers who expect the highest level of luxury, service, and attention to detail. After all, we are not just providing a luxury tour. We have a greater role: we are introducing you to Dubai culture and heritage
Reviewed December 8, 2014

This is my second trip with Platinum Heritage and yes.... I would go again in a heartbeat.
I brought my friends and now, family ! And yes, they are professional and absolutely the best bunch of staff who are happy and really do enjoy their work, very much like a well oiled machine. Teamwork and respect for each other was clear and is so refreshing to see.

There is a staff in charge of a group of up to 6 people and they are entirely responsible for their group from pick up til drop off. the groups are never too big that you feel like a herd of tourists. Other operators put up to 500 people together in one area! This smaller group is much more comfortable and pleasant without the hassle and stress.

We had Malik in our first trip and he was really jovial, informative and funny. Very attentive and is always there when you need him, yet discreet. He cracks jokes all the time and there was not a boring moment !

This time round we had Yasser and he is also top notch just like Malik. Very caring and attentive and looks out for you to ensure that you are safe and having fun. He is knowledgeable and we learned a lot of the flora and fauna in the conservation area. As it was camel racing season, we stopped by at the camel racing area and saw loads of camels marching onward to their training area. That was an experience in itself. Thank you Yasser, that was special. The good thing was, he didnt have to stop, but he did !
He is such a gentleman and a big brother all in one. The big brother who looks out for you.

I was thrilled when we saw the gazelle and the famous onyx which I did not see the first time in the conservation area. This, you will not get to see with other operators. However, the chances of seeing them is higher only in the cooler months as when it is hot, they hide.

We had a magical day as everything went right and it was perfect. The falconry show was fantastic and absolutely heart pumping as you see the falcon swoop and dive as you sip sparkly date and grape juice in a champagne glass. All these with a spectacular sunset in the background. What could be better !
Would you believe....It did get better....

We then drove to our campsite, welcomed by rosewater and a refreshing Arabian coffee with dates. The 4 course dinner was sumptuous. This time, camel meat was also in the menu !
Surprisingly, it tastes better than we thought. This camp is like a Bedouin camp with the added amenities like flushing toilets. Something which we are grateful of in the middle of nowhere !

The camel rides were fun, the lady who tattooed our hands with henna is so skilled. Her designs like a work of art and intricate! We had shishas and entertained by local dances which was better than belly dancing offered by the other operators.

We ended the day under the bright round moon with a birthday celebration. It was my mums and brothers birthday ! They brought the cake and they sang ! It was really hysterical and fun.
Thank you boys, we loved it !

1  Thank trudy k
Adam M, General Manager at Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2014

Hello Trudy,

Thank you very much for your very entertaining review. I am so happy that you had so much fun on both of your visits to the desert.

I will pass your compliments on to both Yaser and Malek.

Managing Director

Write a ReviewReviews (3,253)
All reviews
in 98 reviews
"our tour guide"
in 123 reviews

Reviewed December 7, 2014

Our guide was Hossam- friendly and positive throughout the evening. We were picked up on time at our hotel with another family. The drive to the conservations was a pleasant one. We were very excited to see the 1940 Landrovers and enjoyed taking photos with them. Then Hossam adorned us with head gear- which certainly enhanced the experience. The drive in was beautiful- breathtaking landscapes, enough time to relax and take photos. They even have a drone camera taking a video snapshot of you-cool. The falcon show was brief yet entertaining and we were greeted with cool towels and a non alcoholic refreshing drink.
Finally once the sun went down we were taken to the camp- we say some one making tea, got our hands decorated with henna and watched how they prepared the food. We were allowed to go for a short camel ride (very small circle), but enough to get a feel of it and get some pictures. The bathrooms very very clean with toilet paper and running water.
We were then seated with our group and served an array of starters while entertained with a dance show for about 30 minutes. Dinner that followed was like a buffet style where we went to each station to serve ourselves. The dinner included a rice, with a curry and lamb. The only drawback i would say was it was extremely bland (we are asian Indian's who do enjoy some spice). As it was my son's birthday, they had organized a cake and a few guides came over to sing for him at our table- was a very nice gesture.
This was followed by us all being led to the middle with the shisha pipes and all. Then the guides show you a nice video of the safari put together with fragments of you in it as well. They also pick out the 20 best pictures and then try to sell them to you. The nice thing is there is no pressure and you are free to say no- although I doubt you will. My only suggestion to them is if we are buying the whole package, and I know they took more than 20 photos, they should include all the photos or at least more than 20.
We were then driven back to our cars and then back to Dubai to our hotels.
It was a good experience and although we did not do any dune bashing that these tours are famous for, there were moments we went at a higher speed and thats about all I think I can handle.
The customer service from my booking on line, to them calling me at the hotel was fantastic- Thanks Anna.
They certainly made my son's birthday extra special- and for that I'm grateful.
Advice- wear flip flops or sandals, leave them in the jeep and walk around barefoot as the sand is soft and a pleasure to walk on, In december- a light sweater will so, take some extra money of you are buying the photo package and for tips. I chose to wear Capris and my son shorts- was perfect. Wear bright colors and it stands out well in the pictures. I chose to leave my handbag and carry a wristlet- that was convenient.
Use the restroom before you leave your hotel as the next time you can use one is once you get to the camp site.
A wonderful experience - Thank you.

2  Thank MMnRNadventures
Adam M, General Manager at Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2014

Hello MMnRNadventures,

Thank you so much for writing such an extensive review about your experience. We are also glad that you were generous enough to share your holiday photos with everyone.

I have past on your comments to Hossam and Anna who will be pleased to read your review.

Reviewed December 7, 2014 via mobile

Everything was amazing! From the wild drive through the dunes to the camel ride and the falcon show. And above all, a great romantic private dinner in the desert under the rising full moon. Special mention to our guide Sameh who was kind and helpful at all times.

Hello Luis,

Thank you for your review and welcome to Tripadvisor. I have passed your message onto Sameh as we are thrilled he was able to make your experience special.

Reviewed December 5, 2014 via mobile

We loved This day, we got poxked up at our hotel in a big toyota landcruiser we ride a quad drove a Camel verry Nice to drive with a group in a big desert ! At night a verry good meal and dancing !! Loved it

See more reviews
Reviewed December 5, 2014 via mobile

Am so glad I chose this over this usual dune bashing desert safaris. I didn't want a nauseating start to my experience in the Arabian desert, plus Platinum Heritage is within the Dubai Desert Conservancy area which allows you to see fauna like the Arabian Oryx (which I did get to see). Really really well done and tasteful experience; service was excellent (our guide Hamdy was wonderful!) and we were made to feel like princes and princesses for a night. No hard sell or peddlers, but they will ask if you want to purchase a set of professionally taken photos for AED400 or a video of your experience (some captured by a drone!) for AED800. The open top land rovers made a difference to the experience too, allowing you to fully take in the beauty of the desert. Amazing sunset, some of the tastiest food I had in Dubai and a drive at night under a blanket of stars. Magical indeed.

2  Thank Trish_East

Hello Trish,

Thank you very much for your review and we are also happy that you chose Platinum Heritage over the standard dune bashing safaris.

Hamdy is a great Guide and always goes out of his way for his guests. We are so happy that you enjoyed your safari with him.

Platinum Heritage