“Fabulous way to end our week”

Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris
Private Tour: Night Desert Luxury Safari with Transport from Dubai
Ranked #2 of 463 Outdoor Activities in Dubai
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Platinum Heritage desert safari tours in Dubai display expertise in not only luxury but culture, wildlife and history. We reveal our destination with an authenticity beyond the reach of any other adventure tour company. Our Dubai desert safari tours are exclusive and created for discerning travelers who expect the highest level of luxury, service, and attention to detail. After all, we are not just providing a luxury tour. We have a greater role: we are introducing you to Dubai culture and heritage
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Husband, daughter 9 and I went on the Heritage Dinner Safari during our first trip to Dubai. I am so glad we spent the extra money to do this trip as opposed to other desert safaris offered. We were picked up right on time at our hotel. The fellows in the shuttle, Romeo and Yaman (not sure of spelling) were so friendly and answered all my questions. After picking up a few more guests we headed to the desert. It was really nice to see a bit more than the downtown, beach and creek areas of Dubai. They pointed out things along the way. Once we arrived at the desert reserve, they tied traditional Arab head scarfs on us and we loaded into our open Land Rovers. They weren't particularly comfortable in the back but added to the charm of the afternoon. Our driver was a really nice guy too named Hassam or Hassan (again not sure of the spelling). I would recommend glasses or sunglasses when driving through the reserve. I usually don't wear either but have contacts and oh boy did I suffer a bit with the sand getting in my eyes. I had fun with our driving through the desert looking for wildlife - an Indian Jones moment. We only saw a few gazelle but the desert scenery was gorgeous as was the sunset. When we made a few stops to take photos and look around, our guide suggested walking barefoot and we did. The sand was surprisingly not hot and easy to walk on. It is super fine. We wore Teva sandals and was glad we did since they were so easy to take on and off. We also wore short and t-shirts which also were perfect.

The tour has a photographer which sells the photos on a CD at the end of the night. It was reasonable and the photos were very good so we bought it. After our drive we arrived at an area where a bird handler told us about falconry and demonstrated hunting with the bird she brought. It was interesting. The timing was about sunset, sitting on pillows and rugs in the desert as she demonstrated this old tradition. Then off to the camp for dinner which was just a short drive. It is a beautiful open air stone enclosure. We were welcomed with Arab coffee and dates, then offered juice (choice of traditional one (date I think) or another. I They showed us around then we had a little free time before dinner. My daughter and I did the short camel ride and had henna designs (hers on her wrist and mine on my hand). Both added to our experience. My henna lasted about a week and a half. She did it very quickly and it was an pretty design. Dinner was wonderful - traditional mezze, lentil soup then grilled meats and rice. After dinner a woman preformed a couple of dances, sweets were offered as were shishas. We're not smokers so we enjoyed the show and relaxing under the full moon before heading back to the city. did not do a head count but I think there were fewer than 30 people in our total group. One of the criteria I used to choose this company was the smaller group size and that was a good decision. The entire evening felt very personable and intimate...no cattle-car feeling which I wanted to avoid and did. A truly wonderful evening and one of the highlights of our week. I would highly recommend this tour. Thanks PH for a memorable evening in the desert.

2  Thank akgirl51997
Adam M, General Manager at Platinum Heritage Luxury Tours and Safaris, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

Hello akgirl,

Thank you so much for going into so much detail about your Heritage Dinner Safari. We are glad you enjoyed yourself and had a memorable night.

We hope to see you (wearing sunglasses) the next time you visit Dubai.

KInd Regards,

Adam McEwan

Write a ReviewReviews (2,454)

Reviewed November 9, 2013

we choosed Platinum Heritage tours because of the many recomendations and we are totally convinced.This tour is definitly more expensive than some others but the evening which we experienced was one of its kind and something memorable! We had only 1 evening free and did not like to risk a mass touristic desert ride.

Our expectations where more than fullfilled!

Hello Harald,

Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad that you agree that it is worth spending a little bit more to avoid a mass tourist desert safari.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

This was a stunning experience. Our driver was excellent as well as the falconary show....

We will definitely return next time we are in Dubai.

Hello reinecks,

Thank you for your review and we are looking forward to you coming back for your next adventure.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Living in Dubai and having done desert tours before and can only say positive things about the Heritage experience, which is wonderfully different to the overcrowded desert safaris most people, including myself went on. Exclusive, authentic, great experience! And a special word of thanks to our great guide, Sharaf, he was informative with an excellent sense of humor and had the group happy and smiling all the way. Highly recommended!

Hello Yvette,

It is always nice to hear from Dubai residents who have usually been on many desert safaris and are able to compare our offering with the many other regular safaris. We are overjoyed that you enjoyed your day with us.

We have also passed your comments on to Sharaf who will be very pleased to read your comments.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

We went for the overnight adventure and loved it. Our guide was fun, knowledgeable and attentive, the pick up at our hotel in a mercedes and then a ride in the sand dune in an old jeep was super fun. Good food, and super quiet night… can't help that one… you are quite far from anything and that is what we were looking for after the bustle of Dubai. Only one thing I would suggest is that I had to take one of the long cushion they used for us to seat at night under my foam to sleep more comfortably

Hello Lisa,

Thank you for reviewing your Overnight Safari. We are glad you enjoyed being away from it all for a night so you could relax under the stars. The mattress will always be softer than normal as they are still sitting on top of the sand but your suggestion is duly noted.