“Disappointing in every aspect”

Benihana - Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #277 of 10,059 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: Rediscover the personalized experience of having your choice of succulent seafood, tender chicken, juicy steaks, and garden-fresh vegetables grilled to delicious perfection in an extraordinary theater that will feed the senses and entertain the appetite.At the world famous Benihana Restaurant a meal is a staged experience. Our skilled chefs are using the freshest of ingredients as they perform at your teppanyaki table. You may prefer to have a sakitini at the sushi saki bar as you watch your sushi being rolled to order or your ramen simmering in our window framed open kitchen. Indoor as well as outdoor terrace seating available.
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

I have tried several Benihanas and gave this one another try as I live closeby. I was never really impressed by the service but this time my experience was even worse. When you cannot sit at the Tepanyaki table, the whole experience is just not worth it.

The service can be described like this: waiters are exposed to hospitality for the first time and can therefore not make any decisions without checking with management. I was told "excuse me mam" and "let me check" more than ten times..

We asked two seats at the Tepanyaki table but were told it was fully booked. When we arrived, it was empty...

The food quality is below average although the sushi were ok. The edamame tasted like.... Nothing!

I remember the Benihana in Abu Dhabi being 10 times better!

Disappointing is all I can say

Reviewed July 21, 2013

You will definitely need to have the Benihana experience. There food is fantastic. Not only do they have everything where you can see your food being prepared; there is an open area where the cooks put on their own show.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I have tried Benihana i other cities but that was my first time trying it in Dubai. They have all u can eat monday nights, and for a little but extra all u can drink too (beer and wine).

The place gets packed. I strongly recommend u book in advance. Try booking ur seats at the Tepenyaki table. The tepenyaki items r included in the offer only if u sit in the live cooking area, otherwise it's everything else...which is also an amazing variety of soup, salad, appetizers, sushi, main courses and dessert. But they always say the more the merrier. But personally, even though i greatly enjoyed it, i think mixing sushi with japanese grill is not quite ideal for my taste buds. I think i need to take turns or flip a coin...sushi or Tepenyaki.

Def looking forward to my next visit. Make sure u go hungry ;)))

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were served by Dimple and she was a lovely waitress.
Outside area was really nice, good lighting and speedy service.
Sushi was good , nothing to complain about

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am originally from the States so I haven't eaten at this restaurant chain several times. I couldn't have been more disappoint. The location of the restaurant is in a hall way of the hotel. It is like they had a little extra space available that no one was using so they decided to place a few tables and call it a restaurant. The food was not fresh,(it was a buffet) although we were the first customers of the night. Also, why would you have buffet only on a Thursday night? The tables are so close together that we could not even enjoy anything. All you could hear was other people conversation, it was like they were sitting at your table with you.
I wouldn't recommend this branch to anyone..a complete waste of time and money!