“Great terrace and lovely waitress”

Benihana - Amwaj Rotana
Ranked #279 of 9,866 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: The Marina
Description: Rediscover the personalized experience of having your choice of succulent seafood, tender chicken, juicy steaks, and garden-fresh vegetables grilled to delicious perfection in an extraordinary theater that will feed the senses and entertain the appetite.At the world famous Benihana Restaurant a meal is a staged experience. Our skilled chefs are using the freshest of ingredients as they perform at your teppanyaki table. You may prefer to have a sakitini at the sushi saki bar as you watch your sushi being rolled to order or your ramen simmering in our window framed open kitchen. Indoor as well as outdoor terrace seating available.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We were served by Dimple and she was a lovely waitress.
Outside area was really nice, good lighting and speedy service.
Sushi was good , nothing to complain about

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am originally from the States so I haven't eaten at this restaurant chain several times. I couldn't have been more disappoint. The location of the restaurant is in a hall way of the hotel. It is like they had a little extra space available that no one was using so they decided to place a few tables and call it a restaurant. The food was not fresh,(it was a buffet) although we were the first customers of the night. Also, why would you have buffet only on a Thursday night? The tables are so close together that we could not even enjoy anything. All you could hear was other people conversation, it was like they were sitting at your table with you.
I wouldn't recommend this branch to anyone..a complete waste of time and money!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

The atmosphere is nice if you sit outside of the terrace and it depends on the weather.
Keep in mind is a very big open area outside on a roof for there is no view maybe the pool will close by I am not sure.

The food was good and there was a band and music around.

I am sure other will enjoy this place because it was crowded and many expats where enjoying their time, but for me I come back again for this because JBR is too crowded and there are many other nice Sushi Restaurants close by my place and in a short distance so it doesn’t worth me driving all the way to JBR for an average Sushi.

I am not sure about the price because I was invited.

They got good selection on the menu so don’t worry about that, but there sushi is very small in size compared to all the other sushi places I have visited, I think they are trying to reduce in the size and charge you more. This is bad for me its cheating the guest but lowering the quantity and making more profit.

What I know is that there is a standard size in a sushi, what they provoied is way much smaller in size.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I went with a friend on a Wednesday night, and would not recommend it at all.
Benihana is offering a set menu, where you can sample dishes and reorder those you like; I like the idea. The sushi, sashimi and tempura appetizers were quite good and freshly made. However, the chicken katsu that followed was dry, rubbery and tasteless. We returned it, and they presented a better dish (but still not very good). After that, we had sugary udon noodles with dry and tasteless duck on top and another dish we did not even taste -- the looks of it was enough. Dessert was a "tempura ice-cream" (basically a scoop of vanilla) accompanied by a watery fruit salad.
We were not impressed at all!
We were sitting outside, and that was quite pleasant to start with. However, the bar/Italian restaurant at the next terrace features live music. It was very difficult to continue the conversation after they started singing.
Really bad food in a city where you have so many good restaurants, and good setting if you want to listen to live music but not have a conversation.
My advice: avoid!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had a fun evening out here as a couple having enjoyed drinks on the terrace at Rosso first. We like Benihana and the Dubai version lived up to expectations inc the cost! We had a great meal and enjoyable time.