“Good Hotel but Pool in the Shade” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Dubai Al Barsha

Novotel Dubai Al Barsha
Ranked #159 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
London, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel but Pool in the Shade”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed 5 nights in February. A new hotel so very fresh and new feel to all of the hotel. Room was on the small side but ample for one or two people and good furniture and decoration.
Breakfast great choice of food and constantly replenished.The only trouble was when arriving at a busy time, bit chaotic tables not cleaned quickly enough and left to find your own table. So left wandering around the dining room to find a clean table, however the staff were very pleasant and when asked, quickly cleaned a table. (Better to wait at the entrance and then be shown to a clean table).
The only downside to this hotel is the swimming pool which is located and the 7th floor The Pool area is very impressive but is in a shaded area between the towers of the hotel meaning this pool will only see the sun at the height of summer. Bad design should have been a rooftop pool.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank GlennUKexDubai
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha !

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

I have shared your comments with our team, so that they are aware of their contribution in continuously improving the quality of our services to meet the guest satisfaction.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future at the Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

Hotel Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tehran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

It was the 2nd time to Dubai with my family. We were there 12 Feb 2014 for 5 nights.
We arrived early in the hotel and when the receptionist found out it's my parents' birthday both they gave us a suite on 33rd floor ( we booked 2 separate rooms before). It was lovely suite and I loved it. 4 Toilet, 2 master bedrooms with full facilities. Kitchen facilities with bosch brand on it and the bathrooms with toto. They sent my parents a lovely birthday cake too.
Cleanliness with no spot is very obvious in this hotel. The breakfast was excellent but no variety in 6 days. the water turned cold in last day but when we called the engineer, he fixed it in 10 minutes.
The location is very good. 3 minutes walk to metro station and 1 stop to Emirates mall and 5 stop to burj Khalifa/Dubai mall

wifi is free and has a very good speed.
I definitely recommend & come back to this hotel next time.

Room Tip: Suites are worth to try
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, February 19, 2014

Sumirago, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

Hotel is new in Novotel style, is located in front the Sheik Zayed road, near to mall of Emirates, rooms are OK, hotel is big and sometimes there is line to the reception. For the business the hotel is in a good location. Overall feedback is good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, February 16, 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

A very bad experience due to the below:
1. The room offered is for the disabled with toilet facilities for the disabled. Very insensitive.
2. Nobody answers the phone - the reception, the housekeeping, the room service or anybody at all.
3. Once they answer, the reply is extremely rude. "What is it that you want"?? This is how they ask you!
4. Asked for a bottle of water....it's 30 minutes now and I am still inside the room and nobody even comes with it.
5. They tell you it's 20AED....so do you need it?? Very rude.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Anoop P
H6535-GM, Manager at Novotel Dubai Al Barsha, responded to this review, February 15, 2014

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha

We appreciate your sharing your concern, which is not the true reflection of the standards upon which Novotel prides istelf in. At Novote Dubai Al Barsha, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to prevent future occurrence of the problems.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind Regards

Mirco Iada
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Started off badly and got steadily worse, this hotel is an excellent candidate for 'Hotel Rescue' or a similar trash tv show.
The Accor group can and frequently does do a lot better than this.

When we fought our way into the 'valet' parking area, we were not greeted and no one offered to help with our luggage. When we dragged all of our stuff into the reception area (whilst the staff watched) we dealt with a disinterested staff member who declared that my credit card "didn't work" and "could I supply another" (NO!) "Could I pay 300 cash to guarantee the mini bar"? (refer later) which was another NO. My wife (ex Accor employee) advised him to enter the card numbers manually which he grudgingly did. As an aside, the card worked perfectly for another staff member when I checked out next morning. We had to ask for any information we required like "where are the elevators". This is truly one of those hotels where the staff do NOT enjoy their work and don't particularly care about the customer's satisfaction. This showed in nearly every staff interaction we had through the stay.

The room was absolutely tiny, It was decorated like a set from a 1970's Brit sitcom and was so cluttered that you could not walk around the bed without bumping into something. The bed was the hardest sheet covered board I have ever suffered and therefore I had little or no sleep.

We had a lovely meal and good service at the Cravin' Cajun restaurant and would gladly return simply to dine there again (as long as we could slip in through the door without being 'served' by the hotel staff again)

In the morning we had to manage our own luggage again and we left somewhat relieved that we were out... Unfortunately for me, I left some shirts hanging in the wardrobe (closet) and had to return the next day to collect them... yep! you guessed it, more rubbish service. The lady on the reception did not understand the words 'shirt', 'closet' or 'wardrobe' so it was difficult to communicate exactly what I wanted. After some 20 minutes or so, a surly man with very poor personal hygiene appeared with a rubbish bag that contained my shirts and hangers, Oh dear, classy stuff Novotel. He seamed to be of the opinion that he was doing me a favour by making me wait while he faffed about, he even wanted a copy of my Emirates I.D. for some reason (they already had a copy of my passport from check in time) But hey! guess what? no photocopier in the reception.

All in all, I recommend any of the other hotels in the area above this one (even its little sister the IBIS, which is nearby) I would rather sleep in my car than stay in this hotel again.

P.S. The mini bar? Oh yes, it was completely utterly empty, so my 300 card block covered it easily ha ha ha!

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not in this hotel. Simple.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank wazza2222

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha

We appreciate your sharing your concerns, which is not the true reflection of the standards upon which Novotel prides istelf in. At Novote Dubai Al Barsha, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we have taken the appropriate measures to prevent future occurrence of the problems.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind Regards

Mirco Iada
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I rolled the dice and booked this hotel before it had opened. When we arrived we were greeted by very friendly staff even at 2 am.

The room itself is on the smaller side, but still enough room for the two of us and luggage without having to step over each other. The bathroom is a good size and even has a separate rain shower. From our room we could see the Burj Al Arab although the dirty windows on the outside prevented getting any good photos. The bed was extremely firm which I didn't mind but my wife thought it was a little too hard.

The hotel's gym is perfect for a quick holiday workout.

I found the staff to always be very friendly. At times the house cleaning staff would forget to leave us with towels and toilet paper. These issues were resolved easily enough with a call to housekeeping.

Without really knowing the city I was unsure about the location but it turned out to be pretty good. It is about a 200m walk to the metro line. The metro line is very easy to use and we took advantage of it most days. The hotel is also about a 15-20min walk to the Mall of Emirates.

The buffet breakfast has a very good variety of food for all dietary requirements.

I would recommend this hotel and should I be passing through am likely to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Novotel Dubai Al Barsha.

I have shared your comments with our team, so that they are aware of their contribution in continuously improving the quality of our services to meet the guest satisfactions.