“Pleasant spacious apartments.”

Ranked #21 of 295 Specialty Lodging in Dubai
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Pleasant spacious apartments.”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment which was very spacious with a large lounge, kitchen and bedroom and was very comfortable. The reception wad ok, but not over friendly. The Maples is within a 10 minute walk from Burjman mall and Metro station and convenient for all the facilities of the surrounding area. Be warned that the Maples overlooks a building site where work was beginning at 6.30 am to 7.00 PM and was ver noisy. It looks like this will continue for some considerable time.

Room Tip: The building site next door will affect every room.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Xclusive Maples Hotel Apartments

The Xclusive Maples Hotel Apartments is situated in a quiet area in Bur Dubai, one of my favorite Dubai districts due to its quiet and convenient location, at a walking distance from two metro stations, two Spinney’s supermarkets and the Burjuman mall. As a former guest of another Xclusive Hotel in the same district, in September 2012 I received an email from the sales manager, Ms. Bhakti Barretto, informing me about the opening of the new hotel. So during one of my frequent stays in Dubai, I visited the hotel and arranged with Ms. Barreto for a booking at Maples for an extended stay in March 2013 confirmed in writing. However, I made it quite clear that I would need an apartment on a high floor, far from the elevator and away from the adjacent construction site that borders the hotel on two sides, namely facing streets 10 and 13b. Being a noise-sensitive person, the construction site posed a noise threat, but I was assured by Ms. Barreto this would not be an issue, as the hotel’s soundproof windows would guarantee a quiet stay.
My experience with Xclusive Maples Hotel started off on the wrong foot on the day of my arrival. Inexplicably they gave me a room on a lower floor, in front of the elevator and facing the construction site. As I complained showing the terms of the booking confirmation, they went on to explain that I would be assigned another apartment on the following day, which is the last thing you want to hear after a long haul flight arriving late at night and jet-lagged. This demonstrates and obvious inadequacy of the management. Predictably the next morning I was awakened by the noise of machines and after much complaining I moved to an apartment on the 6th floor, opposite to the construction site. So the windows are not soundproof by any means.
In addition to this regrettable episode, I entirely subscribe to the view of the reviewer, who claims the staff needs to buck up. In my opinion, some do, others are friendly and forthcoming. For instance, I had a hard time explaining I needed a receipt for accounting purposes with my full name on it and the employee at the reception copped an attitude when I said a receipt with my first name and the number of my apartment would not do. So a little polishing in this area would definitely be required.
The WiFi connection with 4GB data included in the price of the hotel for an extended stay was often down, slow and fluctuated a lot (12,80 Mbps – 15,98 Mbps download speed). When I called the reception to report the situation, they would simply say the system was down, they had to reboot it and I would have to wait 30 minutes. On a Friday I had to wait until the next day.
Exceptions to this rather negative picture I have drawn were the housekeeping supervisor, Mr. Hewa, and the Filipino, who made up my room. Mr. Hewa went out of his way to solve problems, namely when I complained about bugs in the bathroom. He immediately turned up with a pest control employee to take care of the situation. He was very friendly, efficient and professional. I had the impression he tried to make up for what did not work so well. Jo Jo, the Filipino, was extremely pleasant, helpful and my apartment was always spotless clean.
However, I must add that, in my view, the Xclusive Maples Hotel is no doubt one of the best in its genre, if the less complimentary aspects are put aside. The apartments are spacious, well designed and the kitchenette includes basically what one might need if you are not much into cooking, like me. Brushing up a few snags of the services provided would go a long way in improving people's impression of the hotel.
Worth mentioning is the gym on the last floor with an overall fitness equipment for all types of bodybuilding needs and fat-burning morning workouts. The pool on the roof is very small hardly accommodating more than a dozen guests, but it is OK for a short while basking in the sun.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank MariaCB
London
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stayed at Xclusive Maples for 5 nights with friend in one bedroom apartment.

Having been all around the world at many different hotels and accommodation. All of which had a 2pm approx. check-in and all were very accommodating even when I wanted to check-in early. However Xclusive Maples doesn’t fall into this list. Having arrived in Dubai at 9am from my flight. We aimed to leave bags at hotel and explore until 2pm. We were told very vaguely that it might be 2pm or up to 4pm and they was no way of knowing which as apparently, guests don’t check-out at 12pm like required, they do as they please and stay longer, meaning housekeeping cannot revamp rooms. This is very frustrating and shows a lack of strong management, every hotel I know has strict check-out time and given knock on door to get you out on time. So, we arrived back later than expected at 4pm, and no room was ready. I don’t expect to walk a strange city an entire day in eat when we are wearing out flight clothes. After kicking up a fuss, they eventually found us a room!!

Then another day, after the room had been cleaned, there were no clean towels and the ones we had been using had been taken away and it took until midnight to be able to shower or dry hands.

Apart from those issues due to bad management, the rest of the trip was good, room service was good and cheap. They even gave us a free cake for birthday for one of our party which made up a little for disastrous issues.

Rooftop pool and Jacuzzi was very nice addition also, there is a gym too but we didn’t use it.

We had lovely bedroom and lounge and kitchen area fully stocked. Would recommend the hotel but management need to improve and their reception customer service skills.
Spinney’s supermarket is 5 mins away and very useful. Was tricky getting some cabs to know where hotel was so tel them its near Spinney’s. Near Burjumann Mall and main intersection of 2 Metro lines. Good entral location for all areas.

We were in Room 106 and next door is a building site with noisy digger starting early but wasn't a great nise problem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank angelakittycat
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
Reviewed March 30, 2013

The outside and lobby are very nondescript, the room though was very nice. Normally with an hotel apartment you have some small kitchen unit, but this had good and modern equipment. I loved the floor to ceiling windows, gives a feeling of space. Very clean, helpful staff, close to metro and supermarket.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week: The location is good. The building is in nice area. Close to metro stations and shopping malls. Apartments are really big and nicely furnished thow shower are way too small. Service is below average in Dubai. breakfast is not worthy of paying. Overall, we are quite satisfied.
PLUS: Apartment size, Location, Bed, Kitchen, TV channels, Early check in.
MINUS: Shower size, Service, Breakfast, Pool size.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
india
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed here for 03 nights from 04th March to 07th March 2013.
During a previous holiday trip with family in May 2012, we had stayed at the 'Xclusive apartment hotel', just a few buildings away. We'd had an awesome time there.

This time around I was alone in Dubai on a business trip and did not need a proper One bedroom apartment.
Thankfully, Xclusive Maples offers Studio Apartments as well, which are perfect for single travelers or for couples too.
Expecting the same level of service that we had experienced in our previous visit, I booked the room at Xclusive Maples, using their website.
Reservations was smooth and instantly confirmed.

I chose the 'Delux ' room option, which is basically the same room as the ' Executive ' variety, but comes with valuable extras like return airport transfers, breakfast, daily evening turn down service, 4 GB wi fi Internet.

I was picked up by the hotel shuttle bus. It takes about 15 mins from the airport.
I'd arrived at 11AM , and although check in time is 2 PM, was given a room within 45 mins.
Check in was smooth and courteous. Pleasant smiles all around.
There was some confusion over the inclusion of breakfast, which was promptly resolved once I showed them the reservation confirmation.

The lobby is clean, and has a cafe on one side. Breakfast and meals are served here.
The common areas are clean. Three elevators.

The Studio apartment itself is spacious, with a full sized refrigerator, kitchenette with cooking top, microwave, tea/coffee sachets, kettle, and quite a few pots and pans with cutlery.

The Bed was kingsized, with clean linen, and pillows. There was a flat screen tv and dvd player. There are a few English channels.The hotel promptly lent me local electrical adapters for my lap top.

The bathroom was clean but small. No tub, but a glass shower cubicle. Adequate toiletaries replenished as when required.

Enough storage facilities with electronic safe in the cupboard.

Breakfast was just about ok, with toast, preserves, corn flakes, juice, boiled eggs, baked beans / hash browns and a couple of indian dishes. The Indian dishes were so-so.

The wifi worked fine.

In the heart of Bur Dubai, about 5 mins walk from Spinneys and 10-12 mins walk from Metro Station.

One needs to reconfirm departure shuttle a day in advance.
Did not get chance to use pool or gym.
Overall, great place to stay and will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mumbai
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights.Everything about the hotel was very good.The check inn was smooth.The staff is polite.The rooms are excellent.The decor is good and so are the bathrooms.They did proper cleaning and refiilling of the toileteries also.We also ordered food couple of times and it was quite good.The only drawback was that whenever we called the room service and house keeping for anything they used to take a lot of time and it used to take atleast 2-3 calls to get the work done.It maybe because it was full due to the Dubai Shopping Festival but thats their duty to manage and serve the customers properly.Mr.Harish at the reception desk was quite polite and helpful.Its just that they need to work on the service a bit.

Room Tip: All rooms on all floors are good and peaceful.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family