“A great hotel if you have not problem with crowds” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Ranked #17 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
San Jose, Costa Rica
“A great hotel if you have not problem with crowds”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

This is a massive hotel, an excellent one but huge. Everything is great, very luxurious, with first class facilities but there are tons of people everywhere. The lobby is as well very big, and some times check in can be a little slow, but nothing really bad.
There is a great gym and a beautiful pool that has a wonderful view. The hotel has many restaurants and it is considered by many a foodie paradise.
The executive lounge is one of the best I have ever see in a Marriott hotel.
The room was incredible well appointed, very spacious and service to the room was prompt and courteous. It was actually a refreshing surprised to find a room that manages to feel cozy in such a big hotel.
We liked the JW Marquis, there is a great commitment to service, and location is fantastic.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in a really high floor, the view is spectacular
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to read from your comments that you had an enjoyable stay at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai on your holiday.

It is nice to hear that you were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as the service of our team members and very much enjoyed your dining experience in our executive lounge and thankyou for considering it as one of the best you have ever seen.

We are also glad that you found your room to be well appointed, comfortable and very quiet to your surprise inspite of the hotel being so huge. Good to know that you found time and experienced our fitness center as well as the pool and found them wonderful. Your kind feedback is much appreciated.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you back again as our guests in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,421)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Lagos, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

I couldn't even wait till I checked out to send in my review of this hotel!

From the day I sent in my luggage for storage prior to arrival at the hotel I was impressed! Such impeccable niceties and reception.

When I checked in a couple of days later, it was so smooth I didn't need to bother about my 4 big boxes. My kids were over the moon at such a "cool" room. And unlike in a lot of places elsewhere, they never woke at night for anything! They slept in the comfy bed too well.

The "room refresh" was as non-intrusive as I always liked it and simply put I loved everything about this hotel including the bathrooms! Once when dates were left by the bedside for us, I couldn't believe I ate them all!

Kitchen6 where breakfast was served was an everyday delight and frankly, the nicest people I met in Dubai during my week long stay here were the staff of JW Marriot Marquis. They were always so anxious to help and nothing ever sounded like a bother to them. I had a couple of deliveries during my stay at this hotel and each time, there were no hassles or issue with receiving whatever it was.

The pool area was a delight for my kids and everything else they needed we got to buy before their swim.

The only complaint I have is that there was no toilet shower. I would advice that the hotel installs them.

I will stay at JW Marriot Marquis Dubai over and over again!!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor following your recent family holiday at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai.

It is a pleasure reading your comments and glad that you had chosen to stay with us at the resort. Your kind acknowledgement of the service of our associates either in concierge, At Your Service, Housekeeping or at Kitchen 6 is very much appreciated, which will be passed on to the team.

I have also noted your request with regards to the toilet shower and would definitely discuss with the team to come up with a solution.

Thank you for your kind feedback and we look forward to welcoming you and the family back again as our guests in your next visit to Dubai.

Dubai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

While I have stayed at this hotel many times and have been very satisfied with my experiences - this hotel offers best in class F&B, great service staff and excellent rooms and amenities, I recently stayed at the hotel and was booked into a room in Tower B which has been recently fitted out and faced major issues.

The HVAC system in the room made a dull rattling noise through the night - which kept disturbing my sleep and as a result I awoke feeling really rough and had a very lacklustre business day - including having to postpone my morning meetings to the afternoon.

I called guest services and their response was very disappointing. It took several calls to have engineering come and take a look at the issue in the room and only hours later I was informed that I would be offered an alternate room. The process of changing rooms was a real inconvenience and was quite slow.

Finally, I settled in my new room and an hour or so into my stay in the room I discovered some fibers / insulation type materially being intermittently being expelled via the ducts. Thus began another saga

My suggestion is to avoid tower B. As I said before, I have stayed in tower A on several occasions and have not faced any issues.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter and offer a better view.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
1 Thank Samir K
DXBJW, Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Mr.Khosla,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

First and foremost, please accept our sincere apologies for giving you cause to express your disappointment following your recent stay with us at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai.

As a returning guest, we do truly regret for not having been able to meet your expectations that you previously experienced. Please be assured that your valuable feedback is taken very seriously onboard and has been shared with our Director of Engineering to ensure that the necessary action is taken.

We are sorry to read that you are were disappointed and would therefore very much value the opportunity to meet you personally upon your next reservation which is nearby and kindly request you to contact us directly on mhrs.dxbjw.duty.mgr@marriott.com.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Perfect hotel in almost everything! All (!) Staff is always smiles and helps!!! Lady from reception Ms. Elif helped a lot us to get the best time in hotel in our one day there!
Rooms (at least our room with view on Burj Halifa) are with perfect views really like from the plane. Our room was on 54 th floor very-very comfortable, but I found one black hair in shower (I am blonde), and one coffee cup was missed. Just out of the hotel there is nothing, you need to take taxi to go somewhere, but it is very close to the center and they have free shuttle to Dubai Mall every 20 minutes. Restaurants inside are perfect! Outdoor swimming pool is small, but nice.
I love that hotel!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that having chosen to stay at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai that you had an enjoyable short holiday with us. It is also nice to read that you were pleased with the hotel facilities as well as the friendliness of our associates.

Having taken note of your comment regarding the service experienced in your room, I apologize for the inconvenience caused and please be assured that this has been shared with our Director of Rooms so that the necessary corrective measures are taken so that a similar situation does not reoccur.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again in the not too distant future.

London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel 4 times and it's hard to believe that I haven't written about it before.
In a city full of luxury hotels it's great to find one that offers all that you'd expect and more. This is the tallest hotel in the world where the entire building is hotel.
This is the only JW Marriott that I've stayed at so can't compare it to the others but the service standards are excellent.
It's a business hotel that caters for the leisure traveller too. Situated only 15 mins from the main airport, it's a convenient location even for transit passengers.
There are some amazing restaurants, Steak, Thai, Indian and Sushi to name a few, each one serving top quality fare. The hotel is spread across two towers.
There is a pool and an outside eating area and some grass to have picnics on.
The Executive Lounge is on the 37th floor of Tower A and serves a huge array of food for breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as having lots of seating and dining space.
The staff throughout the hotel have a 'can do' attitude which is wonderful and they NEVER make you feel that your request is too demanding.
I don't have a negative thing to say about this hotel, well done to all involved in running this property.

Room Tip: If you hate waiting for lifts then choose a room on a lower floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank showbizandi
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review on Trip Advisor following your visit to J W Marriott Marquis Dubai.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guests and glad that you had an enjoyable holiday with us at the hotel.

We are pleased to know that you were extremely delighted with the hotel facilities as well as the service of our associates and very much enjoyed your dining experience in our various restaurants particularly Prime 68, Tong Thai, Rangmahal and Izakaya. Again great to know that you experienced the same quality of service and were also impressed with the pool and executive lounge.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests in the not too distant future.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

This undoubtedly was one of the most amazing properties I have ever stayed in my life. Beautiful and hugely spacious rooms, Fantastic views from the rooms and the most beautiful view from the top of the Tallest Hotel in the World are just few of the many good things which one could enjoy at this Hotel.

Room Tip: Take rooms at higher Levels so see a fantastic view
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai and glad that you were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as the service experienced and thankyou for considering us as one of the best and amazing properties you have ever stayed in.

Your kind comments are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back as our guests again very soon.

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

This was the second time I stayed at JW Marriott Dubai in the last 3 months. I returned largely due to the very favorable experience of our first stay. Despite its very large size, the hotel is welcoming and friendly. The highlight on both visits was the excellent quality of the Executive Lounge. The servers in the lounge were extremely helpful and hospitable. During our first visit, a young man named "Azim" (Shaikh Azimudin from India) was very kind to our family, and made a special effort to serve my 90-year old mother and my sister-in-law, who were traveling with us. We had to go out for business on two evenings, and Azim attended to my mother and sister-in-law who spent the evening relaxing in the lounge. During our recent visit, we found similar excellent service from "Louise" (Miss Louise Umutoni of Rwanda). Louise has a beautiful smile, which is only surpassed by her hospitality. This time, she was very attentive to my son, who would go to the lounge to study every afternoon. She was consistently gracious in greeting and serving us. I don't know who does the hiring for the Executive Lounge, but these two people are exceptional representatives. They distinguish the Marriott brand as a welcoming home away from home. When I return, I know I will stay at your hotel again, especially because of the welcoming environment of the Executive Lounge as exemplified by these two representatives.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing your review on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to welcome you back as our guests at J W Marriott Marquis Dubai and glad that you and the family had enjoyed another great holiday at the hotel.

We are happy to know that you were delighted with the hotel facilities as well as the service of our team members and were pleased with your experience at the Executive Lounge. Customer Care is indeed amongst one of our highest priorities and it is always rewarding to receive such compliments and comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again as our guests in the not too distant future.