JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$182
$136
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$172
$123
$365
$293
Jumeirah.com
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$211
$191
$1,345
$1,225
7,541 results
All reviewstallest hotelthe executive loungetower bvault barrang mahalcorner suiteburj khalifaguest relationshigh floorthai restaurantspecial thanksfree shuttleamazing hotelbusiness hotelluxury hotelmetro stationkitchen6
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Fabulous hotel.... its what you would expect from a JW Marriott. We were on the 67th floor and the views were stunning. Beds as usual were fantastic and the rooms were large and well laid out. Service at the executive lounge during breakfast was the only negative. The waiters were pretty lethargic and were not really service minded which was surprising as the rest of the staff in the various other departments were outstanding. They have a shuttle service to the Dubai Mall every 20 or so minutes.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Renil J
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are sorry to hear that the quality of service in the executive lounge was not up to the standard you were able to experience throughout the hotel during your stay. We are so pleased to read that you consider us one of the best hotels and we cannot wait to host you again on your next visit to the city.

Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

we stay for one night in the hotel as we just arrived to dubai from lebanon and we decided to have dinner at Nawwara they recommended as its newly opened restaurant and we should try it so we want to Nawwara and its was empty so we wondering shell we sit in an empty restaurant than we decided to give it a try and we were shock with amazing lebanese food they have its was the best selection of mezzeh we ever had and signature mix grill was so nice and tasteful and chef Issa approach us and introduced him self and ask for the feedback it was so pleasant talking to him and asking him for some recipes thanks for the full team its was memorable experience at jw marriott marquis

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank jony k

Thank you so much for your fantastic feedback about Nawwara. We are happy to have welcomed you to the newest addition to our restaurant portfolio in the JW Marriott Marquis. The grand opening has happened just a few days ago and on your next visit to Dubai we trust you will find Nawwara full of life and with the same quality you already appreciated. Please know we will share your tremendous feedback with the Nawwara Service and Culinary team and look forward to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stay at Marriott hotels frequently, but I was disappointed in my last stay in Dubai in “the tallest hotel in the World”.

Cons:
1. Expensive. Price is too high. I paid AED 1,147 (+10%+10% tax) = 380 US dollars per night for a standard room. Internet is extra, breakfast is extra. Restaurants are also expensive.

2. Bad location. The Business Bay area is in construction. You have to taxi to go everywhere; you cannot walk to public transportation. Even the “free shuttle” to the Dubai Mall does not drop you in the entrance. I still remember all the group of guests walking hundreds of yards in the hot weather to find an mall entrance.

3. Operational problems. In the room a tablet commands the lights. My tablet did not work well; I had to go to the front desk every day to have the room cleaned. In the desk there was not even some paper to write. One of the elevators was crazy and several guests went up and down and ended in a wrong floor.

Pros:
1. The personnel attitude is good in the entire hotel and they try to solve the problems. After paying half a day for the late check-out, they allowed me to stay in the hotel until 10 pm (my flight was at midnight) as a “compensation” for the mentioned problems.

2. The room was large and clean. The hotel has an impressive lobby.

Dubai has an enormous supply of good hotels, if I come back, I will choose another one.

Room Tip: I asked for a room in a high floor and I obtained one in floor 38 (the hotel has 72 floors). The view was not great; try to obtain something better.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We apologize that we have not properly introduced you to your in room facilities upon arrival to ensure your familiarity with our in room tablet. We also regret that our Concierge Team was not able to provide you with the essential knowledge of the surrounding areas or to offer you alternative means of transport around the city, such as a chauffeur driver or a guided city tour. We are however glad to hear that our associates met all your expectations and did their best to remedy all the service shortfalls you have experienced. We thank you for your loyalty to the brand and hope to be able to welcome you again to our hotel in the future, when the Business Bay area has developed.

Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel in November for 3 nights. The check in was very slow and it appeared they didn't have the room I requested and I had to wait for around 40min before they told me it was unavailable and therefore I was upgraded to an executive suite. I couldn't refuse :-))

The suite was elegant, spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom is massive and has great facilities.

Loved the pool lounge. Nice place to chill out.

Advice to management:

-Make WIFI complimentary. It is already an expensive hotel and it's increasingly standard to have free wifi.

-Label the desks for checking in/guest relations and concierge as it's confusing where to go initially.

-There are very few taxis coming through, perhaps agree with a taxi company to ensure a steady flow of taxis at busy times.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank beiruteater

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the complimentary upgrade and liked our in room facilities very much. For a future visit, we invite you to book an executive room where internet is complimentary along many other benefits such as access to the executive lounge which is open 24/7 and where you can enjoy breakfast as well as happy hour. We look forward to welcome you back at the JW Marriott Dubai.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I stayed 5 days at JW Marriott Marquis and just checked out 2 days ago. The deal online is what attracted me to book here and I like trying out the new hotels that open up in Dubai. The hotel is impressive, modern, and super cool really. I stayed in an executive room but they didn't have a king bed available so I had twin beds which was fine since the room is quite big. The bathroom is as big as the room which I loved! The view is breath-taking from the 54th floor. The check-in for me started slow as I was in the lobby for a while then told I had to check-in from the 37th floor. I waited 10 minutes as the lady at the lounge was busy with another guest and when I said I will go down again and just check-in the bellboy called someone else. Alan came and checked me in and I appreciated his service. When I got to my room I called concierge as I needed to rent a car. I'm sorry to say the concierge at JW Marriott was the worse concierge I have ever tried in any hotel. I asked for several cars, an hour later a call with one car being asked about. Then I am told we will check on the other cars now...and I get no call back. Two days later I call to request a taxi Lexus car and Peter from concierge tells me to come down then request the car. I tell him since it is a car service that serves the hotel you could just get one for me let me know it will be down when it can be down and call me back. He says yes I can do that...and no call back once again!! The lexus taxi service is HORRIBLE. They are completely ripping off the guests and I found it so unacceptable that when I checked out to go to the airport I returned to the hotel and made an official complaint. The lexus taxi service has a meter charge that he should use to charge the customer (believe me I use them in many other hotels such as Raffles) and has no right to give you whatever price he comes up with. The turning point was when I agreed on a price he asks which terminal I am going then tells me no I will go by meter..and you will pay for salik! If JW Marriott Marquis can fix this issue by not letting drivers who rip off customers serve them, and a better concierge then I would have given the hotel a 5. One more issue...I asked my room to be cleaned by one of the cleaners who came and asked me what time and it didn't get cleaned..maybe he forgot but thats a minor issue. I will go back to the positives now. The breakfast is amazing at the Marriott. The variety is really great, and Alan actually included free breakfast into my stay.
I wish they wouldn't change timings weekdays and weekends though...10:30 is when it closes weekdays which sucks. The spa i only went to for an urgent 30 min massage which was great. The lady was from Tunisia, forgot her name but if you get her service you will be lucky. The sports bar Velocity is amazing. This is where you want to watch your sports! The screens are big, the couches are comfortable and the food is delicious. I went to Vault as well on the 70th floor to see the view...but I wasn't as impressed it was a bit too dark for me. The shuttle service from the hotel to Dubai Mall is really wonderful and convenient, but the stop should be closer and not where Address Downtown is. I will be coming back to JW Marriott...I must say I did ask to talk to a manager...and she (Ms. Fiona) was never reachable. The duty manager said she will be writing a report about the car service and we will see the next time i visit if the service issues are improved. I almost forgot to mention...Marriott are famous for their beds..and yes the beds are really comfortable you never want to leave it. Oh! and the other great thing, they have all Jazeera sports channels so football fans can watch games in their rooms. Overall I am glad I chose this hotel and expected some minor problems occurring due to it being a new hotel so I can't wait to come check it out again.

Room Tip: My executive room was actually cheaper than a standard room so do look for deals online.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank MWQ_11
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2013

Thank you for detailed description of our services and facilities. We appreciate your constructive feedback and we are delighted to hear that you were impressed with so many different aspects of our hotel. The situation you have experienced with our Concierge and the Lexus car service does certainly not reflect the level of service that we strive to provide to our guests and we apologize that we were unable to remedy that whilst you were still in the hotel. We hope to improve on the flaws outlined in your review and look forward to welcome you again on your next trip to Dubai.