The very good and excellent: This a great new addition to the skyline of the desert wonder (aka Dubai) and by far one of the grandest Marriott's I have every stayed at. The property is still under development as only one tower was open during my stay but this is not an aspect that I felt during my stay. The hotel hosts several restaurants and provides its guests with a reasonable variety. It also has excellent gym, spa and pool faciliaties which can serve tourists and business travellers alike. I especially enjoyed the 24 hour french cafe in the lobby which provided excellent food and drink service at relatively reasonable prices around the clock - helped a lot with my jet lagged schedule. The staff was very friendly and was eager to make a difference. For best and cheapest food, however, I recommend a very short trip to Dubai Mall food courts which offer amazing varieties at super cheap prices.
1. Though hotel is with proximity to downtown, al hadiqa park and the dubai mall, driving to and from the property was not intuitive and could benefit from better 2 way signage. The concierge was new and within days it appeared that I knew more about directions than he did - actually, it seemed I knew more about the property with days most single dial customer service agents. Business Bay itself is under development and there is nothing within walking distance.
2. I was out of hot water for 2 days and discovered that another guest shared my experience suggesting it was a wider issue. I suggest you bring all issues to management's attention. I did and it was rectified immediately.
3. There was no option for self parking and while valet was free it took a long time to retrieve care. I suggest you plan accordingly.
4. Several of the lobby restaurants and wine bar were closed. I felt I was slightly oversold on what was available in terms of options during my stay. This issue will rectify itself wit time
5. While waiting is not an issue to park and/ or check in/ out, I can see a potential for bottleneck when business conferences and / or second tower is open for business. The hotel should consider its option to ensure customer experience is not compromised.
I return to the property in 3 weeks. I loved it and look forward to staying there again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dubai is a city of awe-inspiring ambition and unsurpassed luxury, home to the world's tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm, and the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai - the worlds tallest hotel. It is a place where dreams come true, as is our hotel in Dubai. JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai offers a spectrum of business facilities for the most discerning travelers. We are a hotel synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste, and our Dubai luxury hotel's title is given only to the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio. Elevated above Dubai's business district, on Sheikh Zayed Road, JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai resides in the Business Bay area and is a top choice for 5-star hotels in Dubai. Spread across 2 iconic towers, our hotel features exceptional event and business facilities, an enticing array of bars and restaurants, and the sublime Saray Spa and Health Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, HRS and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.