“Five star all the way.”

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Ranked #19 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Luxury is the word here. From the plush bed to the bath-with-a-view to the accommodating staff: everything was pretty five star. The room we had was absolutely gorgeous, with lots of light and spectacular views. It's the tallest hotel in the world, so do get a floor high up. Location is quite convenient, sort of in the middle of new and old Dubai, with the Dubai mall a short cab ride away. The Thai restaurant is really fancy, as is the bar on top. Highly recommended place.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

We are happy to read that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations whilst staying with us and that your room was very comfortable for you. We are glad you enjoyed your dinner in Tong Thai and some cocktails at "the Vault", a favourite amongst our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again on your next visit to Dubai.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,983)

Reviewed July 14, 2013

this property ticks all the right boxes....hands down

i don't know where to begin, but as an architect, i am completely amased by the interiors (i am tho quite perplexed by the exterior design of the building - i am told it is meant to resemble a palm tree. hmmmm, not convinced).

stunning, beautiful, stately, fine attention to detail, money well spent, quality materials are words that easily come to mind. the book-matched, back-lighted onyx panels to the rear of the reception desks are most impressive. the guest rooms are state of the art and very well appointed. you will fall in love with the bathrooms. they are almost as large as small New York apartments.

the executive lounge on level 36 is absolutely the best i have ever seen. the pool area and adjacent relaxation areas are equally well designed. great pool side bar with great guys working the bar. say hello to Nico.

to complete the experience, the staff are very well trained, offering offer spot on service - not in your face but extremely capable and attentive. lovely people, all of them.

i used my Marriott points to stay here for free. i am aware that this hotel may be considered expensive, it is well worth the cost. check in for a special occasion.

convenient to Dubai Mall and Mall of the Emirates.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing the gulf.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We are happy to know that we were able to "wow" you with so many aspects of our hotel and that our team has made your stay even more memorable. Thank you for the loyalty to our brand and we look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed here for a conference in early July. Walked in to a very glamorous
property, but unfortunately was disappointed by the impersonal check in
where I felt like another 'number'. I guess with 800 rooms, that is
partially excusable. However, when my bags didn't arrive in the room an
hour and a half after check-in, I was quite miffed. Having to go downstairs
at 1.30am to pick one's luggage up from the concierge desk is not what I
expect from a 5* hotel. This was followed by no newspaper delivery in the
morning, or any morning thereafter for four days.

Getting a taxi at the entrance is a nightmare - no one uses the taxi stand,
so you're forced to use the more expensive private cab option. The views at
night from the steak house on the 68th floor are quite spectacular. Air
conditioning at The Vault on the 72nd floor doesn't work too well, so avoid
it in the summer months. La Farine on the ground floor is quite good, so
may just go back there one day.

Overall, a disappointing first stay at the world's tallest hotel and not
one to be repeated for the business or leisure traveler.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank sameerabdi
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

We apologize that our team missed the mark in some crucial points upon your arrival, which left you with a negative reflection of our hotel. This is certainly not the level of service that we strive to provide to our valued guests. We also regret to hear that you are not planning on returning to our property for an overnight stay, however we hope to be able to welcome you back to enjoy another meal in Prime 68 or La Farine.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I spent 3 nights here at end of June 2013 on a stop over in Dubai with my teenage daughter.
This hotel is well located and close to many atttractions. Although still surrounded by the construction of Business Bay, I can see it becoming a most popular destination in Dubai. The is a metro locatedabout a 10 minute walk away and the Dubai mall is close enough by hotel shuttle or a short taxi ride.
The hotel is luxurious and rooms very comfortable with lovely spacious bathrooms and amenities. The beds are a dream to sleep on.
We had breakfast at Kitchen 6 and this must be by far one of the best . The hotel has many dining options and the views stunning.
I think wifi in rooms should be complimentary although it was free in the lobby and common areas.
Give it some time , it will become as popular as Grosvenor House and the Address hotels.
I certainly will stay here again.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor room that looks out to the sea
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

We are pleased you had an overall wonderful stay and were able to spend some time in and outside the hotel whilst staying with us. Kitchen6 is definitely a favorite amongst all of our guests and we are happy you enjoyed it so much. On your next visit we invite you to book an executive room where WIFI is complimentary along other benefits such as access to the executive lounge on the 37th floor.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

JW Marriott Marquis in Dubai stands up to the reputation of the group. Staff smile a lot and greet you warmly. Some even anticipate your needs and act accordingly. Food was excellent. The rooms are large and come with all comforts one could think of. Heard a lot of positive comments about their Indian Restaurant but I did not visit it myself. They forgot to deliver news papers to my room - but otherwise a great hotel.

Room Tip: Go as high as you can !
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sridharexmct
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your great review. We are so pleased you had an overall pleasant experience and our team made you feel welcomed and comfortable. We look forward to have you again as our guest soon and hope you will be able to visit Rang Mahal, our indian restaurant the next time around.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

i honestly think the JW Marriot Marquis is currently the best hotel in Dubai. It is perfect all around, from the exterior, lobby, reception and the way you are greeted to its rooms. and on top of all that the food and its quality whether you are eating in room or at any of the outlets, i never thought that a simple meal of salad and a burger could taste so good,you can easily try any of the outlets or even have a drink and a cigar at the vault while still getting perfect service. I highly recommend the JW Marriot to anyone looking for a perfect stay in Dubai.
To the hotel management i congratulate you and all your staff for an impeccable service,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

We truly appreciate your valuble comments and taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are so pleased your culinary experiences were exceptional and our team helped to create pleasant memories of your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The test of a good hotel is what they do when they do they something wrong. I am afraid our experience with this terrible hotel is the same as with Sutopi67 (reviewed 23 June). And I love the answer from the hotel to them, 'Please contact us personally etc...'. What is the hotel going to do - refund the $$s? They should! We had a catalogue of problems and we complained all along the way but very little was done.

ROOM - I had emailed in advance our requirements; a twin room and an extra bed. I had a reply saying the requests were 'in the system'. We were given a King on arrival and then had to wait 30 mins. to be shown to a twin (with a view over a building site) - you'd think they would have given us a better room! The bed did come but after repeated phone calls. They kept saying my requests were 'not the system'. What do I care? Sort it out! I had email proof so it's obviously their problem. And there was an old hardboiled egg under one of the chairs. Great cleaning!

ROOM SERVICE - Awful! I called to order 'warm cookies and milk' from the menu for the kids. They said 'We don't have that on the menu'. Am I seeing things? It's on my menu! How difficult can it be to send up cookies and milk at least (even if it isn't warm). They sent up brownies and ice-cream and no milk! Stupidly, I paid for it because I'd waited at least 30 mins and the kids were hungry but they didn't eat it because the brownie tasted like plastic. I called to complain and they sent up a single, large cookie and milk and tried to charge me AGAIN! I refused. I checked that they serve Illy's coffee, as per the menu, and the coffee wasn't Ily's. That's just lying!

LIFEGUARD - They NEVER even look at the kids, or anyone else. We were at the pool a few times. I saw heavy flirting with a male guest, posing and lots of chatting to bar staff. Awful!

GUEST SERVICES - Anita called at one point when I'd emailed my complaints mid-stay. She just said, 'What can I do'? Don't ask! Offer - and offer something meaningful. When I said 'What do you think you should do?' she offered us a late check-out! Wow! And if she had looked in her system - we'd already booked one! She did eventually say they wouldn't charge for our room-service dinner (2 kids pizzas and a salad for me - very cheap for them!) But it felt like they were being cheap. A free massage for all the stress would have been nice or a restaurant voucher for lunch the next day. I called them the next day, they didn't answer, I left a message at reception but nobody ever called back, hours later.

CHECKOUT - When they give the laconic 'How was your stay?' and I said 'Terrible' the guy laughed! Then I had to wait 30 mins+ for them to get the very short bill ready! Things 'weren't in the system'! And I'm waiting there with small children!

VALET PARKING - The cherry on the cake - our car didn't start! The valet had parked it with something left open and run the battery down! And they couldn't care less even though it was their fault!! It took us 5 hours to get our car home with zero help from them! My husband nearly had a heart attack trying to sort it out!

BREAKFAST - This the hotel gets right. Wow! We were welcomed by the beaming face of Viola who showed us to a table and explained the enormous breakfast set-up. It is an environmental disaster, there must be so much food thrown away because I have never seen so much offered in a buffet - food from all over the world. But I loved the breakfast staff who were great with the kids (but don't linger chatting too long guys - there's a nice balance to the chatting with the kids at breakfast thing before it gets creepy!)

Dubai is FULL of hotels. DON'T choose this one! The management of this hotel should go to the 'Jolie Ville' in Luxor, Egypt for lessons on how to run a hotel! Who'd have thought Luxor would have the answers!

Room Tip: Avoiding ones overlooking building sites especially if you're on a low floor, others have nice v...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GroovyTraveller01

We thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. We have responded to your concerns via email, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.