JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
JA Ocean View Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$219
$186
jaresorts.com
$844
Jumeirah.com
$542
$406
  • Pool
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$416
$340
$100
$74
Trip.com
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$184
  • Pool
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$342
$218
Grosvenor House Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$315
$233
$81
$1,899
$1,252
Agoda.com
7,422 results
All reviewstallest hotelthe executive loungetower bvault barrang mahalcorner suiteburj khalifaguest relationshigh floorthai restaurantspecial thanksfree shuttleamazing hotelbusiness hotelluxury hotelmetro stationkitchen6
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A brand new high tech hotel in a very good location in the Business bay in Dubai, close to the metro station, maybe the highest hotel building in the world. However, something is missing here, the staff is definitely not up to a 5 stars hotel standards, many of them were polite but not empowered, they had no power to do anything except to smile and maybe apologize. At least they were not arrogant but that is still not perfect for a hotel like that, I am being a bit critical here because this is not a bed and breakfast so I expect a much higher quality of service and knowledge. Wifi internet is bloody expensive too. Bathroom is large and great, bathtub is there, room is also spacious, there are different restaurants and bars in the hotel including 1 cool sport bar. I would give that hotel a 3.5 but since the half point rating is not available so I will be a bit generous and give it a 4.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a beautiful hotel in a very beautiful city. I stayed in the hotel because I was attending a conference. It is new and because of the newness there are problems. The concierge tries to be kind and sympathetic...but because of our cultural differences, sometimes they are not overly concerned. The elevators on busy mornings are slow. The pool has been closed due to sandstorms. The restaurants and snack areas are expensive. The hotel does offer complimentary shuttles to Mall of Dubai. There you can find stores galore and big food courts at affordable prices. I love Dubai. It is a city worth visiting. The hotel is very much orientated to business travelers. I would send families elsewhere.
By the way, this hotel is the tallest hotel in the world. Worth seeing for that distinction.

Room Tip: Only one of the two towers is open at this time. I would definately suggest the upgrade to the executive class. That includes breakfsst and the executive floor which is excellent.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I have requested higher floors prior to arrival when i checked in they gave me room 17 and then i asked for it again it was changes to 47. I had a written confirmation via email that my rate included breakfast and internet i had to aegue and raise it with management. There is no turn down service in the hotel and one day during my stay up to 330pm my room was not cleaned. The restaurants food was average. The only good thing avout the hotel was the rooms were big for standard rooms and the breakfast had a big selection. I would never stay at a marriott again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank HAMSR
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights on 28th and 29th March. Upgraded to executive rooms. We were given a room on 61st floor, I think, but to our dismay, the room had balcony but it was closed for security reasons. As a result, despite being on the high floor, there was only an unimpressive, partial view. However, Alex, who had helped us with the luggage, helped us by pro-actively talking to the reception, and helps us get a room at the 56th floor. We got fantastic view, esp at night.

We were happy with the service at the Executive lounge. The staff there was good. However, our experience at the reception of the Executive lounge could have been better. It seems that while we had upgraded to the Executive room, the system was still showing the original booking. I can understand that the lady at the reception needed to verify whether or not we are eligible for the Executive lounge. But the way she went about about asking - are you sure you were upgraded? are you sure you were told you can visit the lounge ? etc . I think this needed to be done in a more dignified manner.

We came for breakfast at the Executive lounge and realized that there was nothing Indian there, so we chose to have breakfast at Kitchen 6, where the choice, the spread and taste was pretty good, I must say. They have 6 different cuisines there, hence the name. Being vegetarians, we stuck to the Middle-Eastern, Indian and a bit of continental, but overall, I can safely recommend this place for a big breakfast.

Happy hours at the Executive lounge, where they serve alcohol for free is a bonus.

the room itself was cozy and modern without being unnecessarily techno. House keeping and room service was good.

The check out was pretty fast.

The dampener came literally at the last minute. We had checked out around 1.30 pm ( we were allowed late check-out) but since our flight was late in the evening, stored our bags there for a couple of hours. However, in the evening, the porter who broiught our luggage was in a real hurry and the way he was rushing with our two pieces of luggage made me silently scream...and then the handle came off. There was no doubt that this happened because he was running with
our bags and handled them carelessly. The person then was apologetic, but promptly added something like - sir, I am sorry, but if we stop to get it repaired , you may miss you flight...

so, conclusion is - rooms are good, just avoid the once with closed balcony. Service can be either very good ( Alex, the staff at executive lounge and Kitchen 6) or below average ( the lady at the reception at Executive lounge, the porter who handled our bags at the check-out...) but still can recommend the place.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms with closed balcony. Take the rooms facing Sheikh Zayed road/ Marina. Just take care the staff helping you with your bags are not 'running' with your bags
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank YKS01
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Very happy with a 3 night stay here, rooms are beautiful, service excellent and executive lounge amazing. Breakfast is the best I have had in the world, pool area could do with more shade and lift waits can be long at busy times. I used the laundry and it was prompt and cheap. Internet can be expensive if you have to pay for it.

Room Tip: Higher rooms seem to lack the noise possible from nearby building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends