“Nice place”

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Ranked #19 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Brand new, really nice hotel. Very close to city center, good connection to the closest metro station. Beautiful building, great architecture. No complain for the staff or even for food. We really enjoyed the stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor room for great view. ;)
1  Thank gdm1gdm2
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your great feedback! We are pleased to read that you had a chance to experience the local area as well as enjoy the fantastic views from the hotel. We look forward to your next stay!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,980)

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights. Its a good business hotel overall but I wouldn't recommend it for leisure stay. The executive lounge on the 37th floor is excellent for business. The breakfast spread there is quite average. One issue was with house keeping not cleaning the room without informing them. We had some issue with our balcony not shutting which is why they made us wait for about an hour at check in time. This should have been checked before and a different room should have been assigned to us. The novelty of staying in the tallest hotel in the world wares off soon. I don't think we will stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Layman1

We truly regret to read that you will not consider being a guest of our hotel again. Your feedback is very important to us and we wish we had an opportunity to address your concerns whilst in the hotel. Please know that we strive to create a memorable experience for each one of our guests and we hope that you can accept our sincere apology for missing the mark. We hope to have an opportunity in the future to create the memorable experience that you deserve.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Spent two nights here on business. While the room rate was covered by my company, I cannot attest to the value paid but only on the quality of the hotel itself. First I will start by saying that the area around the hotel is currently a bit of a construction area as Starwood is building four hotels in this area as well as a few other developments. But I did not hear any construction during my stay and it was easy to grab a taxi to any other area of the city.

The check-in process on a Friday can take a while. There didn't seem to be a line for those with any kind of Marriott status. This makes me a bit fearful that it will be an absolute zoo waiting for to check-in once Tower B opens (currently, only one of the two towers is open). On a weekend when the hotel is at capacity, it can be difficult to use the pool facilities (quite small for a hotel of soon to be 1600 rooms) and the elevators can take forever (literally).

Once inside your touch key room, you do have a big bright room with an amazingly large bathroom that had a huge bathtub and walk-in shower that was one of the best I have ever experienced. The room was well appointed and I used the wi-fi (AED 100 for 24 hours, up to 3 devices at once) to make crystal clear calls back to the US. The television has a large selection of regional and international channels and the workstation is comfortable allowing you to plug in any device without a plug converter (just make sure your device takes 220V). I also took advantage of the complementary shoe shine (which actually wasn't that great) as well as the lounge which is open 24/7 (great area to sit down and have a drink).

The bar on the 72nd floor was quite impressive, offering great views of the city. Breakfast was amazingly expansive, offering guests options from nearly every imaginable region. Croissants, scrambled eggs as well as Indian breakfast options.

In summary, the hotel is fantastic but I would shy away from a weekend stay due to the sheer amount of traffic the hotel gets and seems to have a little bit of difficulty dealing with.

2  Thank CityGuy07052

Thank you for your detailed review and we are pleased you had an overall enjoyable stay. Your feedback is very valuable to us as we continue to improve our services and amenities. Thank you and we hope to welcome you again on a future visit to Dubai!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The JW Marriott Dubai is an excellent hotel that recently opened in Dubai. While it is not on the beach it is located just a short taxi from the Dubai mall and has views of the Burj, the water, the World, the Palm and many other things. As for the hotel, it was perfect. The room was large and very modern with plenty of simple gadgets to use. The staff was amazing taking care of every simple request that I had from booking dinner, to arranging a party, to bringing my car around because I forgot something. We had a chance to eat dinner in the Indian restaurant where the food was excellent but the decor was perfect. The following evening we had drinks at The Vault up on the 71st floor where you have 360 degrees of Dubai. I don't think there is any other bar like it in Dubai. Following drinks we had dinner at Prime 68, the steakhouse in Dubai. I can say it is the best new steakhouse in Dubai both for the food as well as the service and style. I would recommend this for anyone that wants a great meal in Dubai. Lastly, the Marriott Lounge is the best part. Of course the hotel is great but when you have an entire floor built for the lounge then you have something special. They had large sitting areas and then individual rooms for people to sit in. All day snacks and then evening drinks makes it a great start and ending place to a day.
Whenever you stay at a five star hotel in Dubai or Doha you will be in a fantastic hotel however to me the difference is the service attention to detail. This hotel did that for me from the GM taking the time to ensure the hotel stay was good, to the Marriott Lounge contact that met me each day to ensure my stay was going well, to the bar manager at The Vault following up with me to make sure my party had all we needed to the F&B Manager making sure my dinner was perfect. I would call each of them out from name had I wrote it down but I was enjoying my stay so much I forgot. I did save one name – Matt Cooper who is the director of catering and sales. Thank you to the JW staff for making it a perfect stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank cbarnwell

Thank you for the wonderful feedback! We are proud to be considered as the best city hotel in Dubai and we look forward to your visits. Thank you.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

"As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them" JFK. I want to take this opportunity to express my sincere thanks for a wonderful trip to Dubai. My trip back to the USA was safe and I want to take this time to tell you all how grateful and thankful I am for an excellent vacation. It was an experience, I will never forget and will always cherish every moment spent with the staff ans residents of Dubai. Thanks for the kindness and inexhaustible generosity shown me. The staff went above and beyond the call of duty to assist me. I am mighty happy that they took the time to communicate with me thru e-mail before I arrived. The food was tasty, plenty of beverages,and complimentary, room was fantastic and I had a great view from the 54th floor. I want to especially, acknowledge the hard work and dedication of these reliable, valuable staff: Jacqueline Pereira, Gian Luca Furloni, Zolisa Njamela, Kenneth Yaw and Linda (a manager with blonde hair) there were a few others but I didn't remember their names.
May the happiness, smiles and peace be yours, may the Good Lord bless each of you and your families. May He keep you and shower continued blessings upon you. My vacation and activities were g-r-e-a-t!!! Cheer, Deloris Frazier from South Carolina Room 5408 at The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai. I have promised my sisters that we must travel there in the very near future.
Thank you!

Room Tip: Any room above the 37th floor is great and has an excellent view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DelorisFrazier

We are pleased to know our team has left such a long lasting impression! Thank you very much for taking the time to recognize their efforts. We are looking forward to your next visit with us and especially look forward to welcoming your sisters, as well!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The elevators were a mess. I stayed at this hotel in March 2013 and understand they just opened the hotel in Dec. 2012. With over 500 attendees for my conference it would take 20+ minutes to retrieve an elevator and OFTEN the card would not read or allow me to select my floor requiring me to either ask for help from another OR leave the car and obtain another. There is NO WAY these elevators were synchronized for such a large crowd.

The Vault at the top of the hotel was very inconsistent with their rules of attire. One night during my stay, I was turned away for having bejeweled sandals on (open toed) but otherwise was appropriately covered/dressed... while on other nights I witnessed others wearing ripped jeans and at one point a woman had on the shortest shorts, high heeled open toed sandals and barely covered her top. Additionally, the smoke/ventilation system needs to be fixed. After a very short time, the smoke is so thick on both floors that many people left.

Room Tip: It is a trade off between the highest rooms are quiet from the street noise. I was on the 41st floo...
1  Thank MTRoamer

Thank you for your candid feedback. As a newly opened hotel we certainly recognize areas of opportunity for improvement and we apologize for any inconvenience caused during your stay. We truly value your feedback, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The JW Marriott Marquis is a brand-new hotel in Dubai, where 1 out of 2 towers opened so far, each hosting 600+ rooms.

The rooms themself are nice, especially the bathroom with a big rainfall shower and bath tub, as well as comfortable beds. Everything is controlled with touch screen panels (from lights, to do not disturb, AC, etc). For whatever reason they have decided to place those panels right next to the bed, lighting up the whole room with status messages/lights/etc which can not be turned off. Really annoying.

Food in the hotel is really good in some locations (breakfast, meeting/lunch buffets), but room service food was bad - and the service was awful. They tried to up-sell three different dishes (one at a time) which I did not want, only after I got angry to the person who took the order he actually just noted what I wanted, rather than extra shrimp salads, market salads, soup, and other crap he tried to push me. The room service food was way overpriced and bad quality.

The worst problem about this hotel - and the reason I will definitely not come back, are the elevators. I don't even want to count how much time I've lost in 1 week waiting for the elevators. Standing in front of elevators for 10+ minutes at a time is no exception. How on earth did they build such a massive hotel with so little elevators? I wonder if they will be able to fix this, as it seems like a critical design flaw. For me this completely ruined the experience in the hotel, as I had a conference here for a week, where I had to regularly move between floors - extremely frustrating.

In a city like Dubai there are plenty of alternatives, and I would recommend looking for those instead.

Room Tip: Ground floor would be nice - no elevators to take!
1  Thank diederik82
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. We regret that your impression of the hotel was impacted by the delay with the elevators, and we truly hope to not lose you as a guest for future visits to Dubai. We invite you to contact the hotel prior to your arrival so that we can ensure a room on a lower level, as to avoid any delay in navigating through our high-rise hotel. We hope you can accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused to you during your recent stay.