“Superb brand new Property!”

JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai
Ranked #19 of 556 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel for 18 nights (Xmas and New Year) and can only say that we enjoyed it to the max!

A new hotel, excellent and modern rooms with many restaurant outlets from European, World-Kitchen, Indian and Japanese as well as a Sports and also a Wine Bar.

We truly enjoyed the high level of service and the natural friendliness of staff.

Yes there were small things, but one needs to realise the hotel is in soft-opening, with the Grand Opening planned towards end Feb2013. The hotel focusses on corporate as well as MICE business, but also the leisure guests will truly enjoy this property. We definitely will be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family and I stayed here for a week through new years. Firstly, this hotel is brand new, very spacious and somewhat high-tech. On arrival you are greeted by friendly staff in a lobby that makes quite an initial statement. The standard rooms (all rooms up to the 37th floor) are satisfactorily spacious and fully equipped with all the necessary items as well as some cool added extras. I particularly like the room controls on a tablet like remote, somewhat reminiscent of a hotel in the future! Bear in mind that staying in the worlds tallest hotel guarantees spectacular views of Dubai, and our rooms on the 34th floor never disappointed.

Although the spa facilities had not yet opened, the hotels 24 hour gym is fully equipped with top of the line TechnoGym equipment which I particularly appreciated. The pool is heated and adequately sized for a relaxing swim.

It cannot be stressed enough how friendly and helpful their staff are, unlike any 5 star hotel i've ever stayed at. Whether it be the maids, chefs or concierge staff they are all there to make your stay that much better. On new years eve, when finding a taxi is near impossible, the hotel concierge (on short notice) personally ensured a pick up at 5am for me after a party and the driver was on time having been briefed by the concierge, top class!

In terms of dining, most palettes are catered for. Indian, Japanese, Italian and French all in house is a real convenience. I enjoyed the 24 hour La Farine restaurant which in a business traveller orientated hotel I find a stroke of genius, great food available at any time of the day!
It must be noted that their in room dining is pricey but most certainly worth it if you don't feel like venturing downstairs to one of the many restaurants. The breakfast spread is the biggest I've seen at a hotel, catering for all types and providing multiple breakfast options when staying for a week or more.

It must be noted that because the hotel is brand new a few teething problems ( in my case in room electronics) were around, but once again the staff helped to solve these. This hotel isn't orientated for families with young kids and for us this was a blessing! Business travellers will enjoy this place as it's very central, elegantly designed and fully equipped with all the essential business travelling needs.
With its close proximity to Buiness Bay, Burj khalfa and Dubai Mall (the new hub of Dubai) I found this hotel very useful.

If ever I had a grievance with this hotel it would be the excessive charges for WiFi. The majority of people using this hotel would require wifi and charging up to $25 for usage is too much. I'm sure hotel management will address this though as the hotel becomes fully operational.

All in all this is great new hotel in Dubai worthy of its' 5 star rating, and I will most certainly be back!

Room Tip: To get a great view of Jumeirah, the Palms and Downtown request a room facing the sea and as high as...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Muneeb B
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I held a business conference there in December and we had around 20+ people stay there. We knew that it was a soft launch when we arrived, so didn't expect everything to go smoothly. Although we had some hiccups, the professionalism and the courtesy of the staff made it all better.

The rooms are brand new and beautifully appointed. The outdoor pool is huge and set against a stunning architectural landscape. The conference rooms are spacious and have strong wifi. The fitness center is the largest I have ever seen - even in a dedicated facility! Everyone who worked there was courteous and devoted to making our stay there perfect.

For those of you who have access to the Executive Lounge, it truly is a 5 star experience. The staff there pampered me as I worked there for many hours. In particular, Robinson Paul was a standout example of someone who made the experience absolutely stellar.

Bottom line, all of us left with a glowing impression and lovely memories.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the ocean. Be careful with do not disturb button - they can change un...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

I stayed at this hotel over the Xmas period and 2013 new year,
Positive:
1.Lovely view from my suite: Sheik Zayed Road and Burj Khalifah.
2.Hotel and rooms are New and spacious.
3. Friendly and smiley staff

Negatives:
We are regular visitors to Dubai, I stayed at this hotel over the Xmas period, during my visit I had to speak to the management 3 times, all to do with level of service.
1. First call because they did not transfer my child bed (as I upgraded from normal room to an executive suite) which meant that my child had to stay a wake till 1am in the morning till the bed sorted out.
2. Second call to do with false claims by the reception staff of 24 hour available food at the executive lounge when I was upgrading, which turned out to be not true ( more training needed!)
3.Third time, the room was not cleaned probably (bread pieces left on the floor and last night dinner left in the room over the whole next day and only removed on the second day!), and even after the complain still the cleaning service was not up to our expectation.
4. Need to dial 0 for any kind of service and to my surprise and for the first time for myself in a 5 start hotel I had to call several times to get through as some times the phone kept ringing but no answer!

Overall not a satisfactory experience, especially comparing to other hotel “executive suites” the level of service is a disgrace but The hotel still not officially open (soft opening) so hopefully these issues will be addressed, but I will check the feedback before if ever decide to stay again in this hotel, I will be revisiting Dubai in Summer 2013!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Saif-UK
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My family and I stayed there for 13 days for the Xmas And New Year festivities but there was nothing special for us from the management. Xmas and New Year was like any other day. Good and clean environment though with courteous staff. Efforts must be made to change the sheets daily because ours weren't. Am even shocked that 5 days after we checked out, no correspondence has been received from the management. Is there no place for good customer relation?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Superbly built and spanking new property. They claim its the tallest hotel in the world now. Location is pretty central with the Dubai mall and Burj Khalifa only 5 minutes away.
I was there for new year celebrations in dubai. Although it was crowded, check-in was pretty smooth. Got a nice room on a high floor with a view of the beach. Rooms are luxuriously furnished and spacious. The bathrooms too are huge with separate areas for shower, bathtub and toilet. A little problem some people might have are the two long glass panes on either side of the bed which look straight into the bathroom. So if you're traveling with older kids, business colleagues etc the situation might be a bit awkward.
All the light controls are on a touch panel but its still a little buggy - every time i turned on the bathroom lights at night to use the loo, the entire room would light up.
La Farine - the all day cafe had a superb selection of sandwiches and salads.
The breakfast buffet was pretty lavish too. Although it was'nt a part of my room plan, I ended up splurging on it.
There are many other restaurants too but didnt get a chance to try them.
The Call centre thing for all your needs is a bit annoying because everytime you call a different person answers and they have no clue what you requested earlier and why it has'nt been done. I guess they were running at a full house so some confusion is expected but having separate numbers to deal with requirements the old fashioned way can sort out a lot of problems.
In all a very pleasurable and comfortable stay. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The beach/front facing rooms have a better view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Maniish
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

We are so happy to know that you enjoyed your overall experience as a guest of our hotel and that you were able to sample the culinary delights of both Kitchen 6 and La Farine restaurants! Thank you for sharing your feedback about guest requests made via our “At Your Service” line. Please know that we are working towards a more streamlined and efficient method for the process. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during your stay, and we hope to have an opportunity to welcome you again on a future visit to Dubai.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

First of all, I would like to say that the hotel is new, clean and spacious.
However, I expected much more from this hotel. No one seems to know anything about anything.

1-) There is only one call centre for ALL your needs. (Room service, Reception, Laundry, Concierge, In room dining.. etc) This is very annoying because they take so long to answer and its awkward.

2-) I requested a late check out and I was told the hotel is fully booked when I easily could tell the
hotel is not. 800 rooms after new years and they say the hotel is full.

3-) For the room rate, there is no free wifi. Thats ok, but its absurd to pay 25 usd a day for internet. This is unacceptable.

4-) I extended my stay at the hotel and no one had a clue!! I got back to my room and I was unable to enter my room. I then spoke to the receptionist and they said I had checked out!! How is it possible that a 5 star hotel does not know when someone extends his stay. I had to wait for 20 minutes to have it sorted out.

5-) I sent my laundry and got it back after 2 days. Wow, 2 days.

6-) There is a serious problem with communication.

7-) The private Lexus taxi's seem to do whatever they want and you cant complain about it. I payed 4 different fares for the same type of taxi and destination.

I usually like to see the good side of a hotel rather than the bad. This time, it was just to many things that caused me to comment.

The hotel however has a great View (requested), Great breakfast buffet and a Great location at the Business Bay. The staff are very friendly and helpful. They really do their best to help you.

Would I stay at this hotel again? No, not until they get enough experience. Maybe a year later. However, I do not seem to understand why a 5 star hotel would seem so unexperienced. I needed extra effort to make sure I had a good stay and I am on vacation.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank johnktravel
DXBJW, Guest Relations Manager at JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Thank you for sharing your candid feedback. It is very concerning to read about your experience, as we strive to deliver a level of service that exemplifies the JW Marriott brand...It is disheartening that we missed the mark. We would like to speak with you personally about your stay, and we invite you to contact the hotel and request to speak with the Guest Relations Manager. Thank you, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.