“Will be back”

Shimmers
Ranked #153 of 10,060 Restaurants in Dubai
Cuisines: Barbecue, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Shimmers sits on one of the best locations in Dubai, right on Madinat Jumeirah’s private beach with spectacular views of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah. Offering Resort guests and local residents authentic Greek food and a casual chic atmosphere, the completely refurbished beach restaurant is the newest concept in Jumeirah Mina A’Salam. Please be advised that Shimmer's will be temporarily closed until further notice.
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We were soo lucky to go to this beach bar and found Satish from the Burj now in charge...how wonderful...
Please try for yourself as can guarantee he will make time for you.

2  Thank Andrea R

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I searched a nice location for my wife"s birthday and found this one. I sent an email asking for information and received an answer promptly, together with a scan of the whole menu and wine list, completely with the prices. On the website you cannot make a reservation, but I could do it via email. Got a reservation number and the message that they would keep the reservation for 15 minutes if it was crowded. Anyway : they gave us a table, just at the beach, with a superb view at the Burj Al Arab. The food was very good : starter was mouth watering, main course was very tastful and plenty. Desert was complimentory for my wife's birthday. Wine, as everywhere in Dubai is not cheap, but of course,you alwyas can take non alcoholic drinks. We absolutely liked it very much.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

The food and service at Shimmers was good and reasonably priced. The location and view of the Burj Al Arab at night whilst dining out doors by the beach was breath taking - must do for a night out.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This is the second time I go to this restaurant. It is in Mina A'Salam Hotel, in the really classy premises of Jumeirah ... I like this restaurant for the environment; you are seated by the beach and it is a nice experience. Food is ok/good so nothing to say. Service is not the best in the world, so be patient. Anyway I would clearly recommend it while staying in Dubai.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Shimmers is certainly going to impress you with its perfect setting by the beach..the up, close n personal view of The Burj Al Arab, the walk from inside the amazing Mina A'Salaam 5 star hotel or even the Souk Madinat, if you are accesing Shimmers from there. But the food is average I must say. This was my second visit there and my wife's first, even she didnt quite like the food. And of course when you are dining at such a place you expect hospitable service but to my surprise the staff was not from the hospitality industry as can be seen from their English. Also, the menu is very limited. Another thing that I found annoying was that the webiste of Jumeirah resorts mention that Shimmers does not take reservtions and when we reached there we were told that they are fully booked and they do take reservations. However the staff managed to squeeze in a table for us for couple of hours. Thanks to them for that! overall I would not like to visit this place again for food, but certainly for drinks with freinds by the beach!