My wife & I were entertaining 2 couples last Friday, in total we were 6. I chose the Festival city royal orchid as everyone loved Thai food. I booked a table in advance overlooking the Festival City Marina.
The view was very nice and was enhanced by the laser and water show that comes with fire and music as well!! The food was just great, we started with a green papaya salad that was missing the dry shrimp but nevertheless was absolutely out of this world. Another real good salad was the glass noodle seafood salad, the seafood was very fresh and featured shrimps, calamary rings and meaty slices of squid. It was much milder than the authentic recipe, but real yummy. The third appetizer was a freshly steamed dim sum filled with minced duck meat and hoi sin sauce,juicy and yummy nad just melts in your mouth.
The main dishes were
* deep fried hamour fillet with sweet chili sauce and crispy fried basil: out of this world!
* duck with orange sauce: not really a Thai dish but a must for duck lovers, sorry Daffy!
* Basil and seafood fried rice: real yummy
* Phad Thai: though different than all recipes I know, it was a real treat.
* Jumbo shrimp with chili black bean sauce: The shrimp was fresh nad really huge (size of small lobster) bu a bit dry, so was the sauce. though tasted good but it was the least interesting of all dishes.
Finally the dessert: unfortunately they were out of sticky rice with mango, the signature Thai dessert, so we settled with banana fritters with ice cream and honey noodles. the honey noodles were nice, but the fritters were yummy, crispy toffee and sesame laden crust with juicy banana on hte inside and vanilla ice cream to add adifferent twist.
All-in-all a really good experience. The service was a bit relaxed, so if you are used to Thai - style service, you might be a bit disappointed, but not too much.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.