“Amazing Hotel, Amazing Value”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #58 of 542 Hotels in Dubai
Utopia
“Amazing Hotel, Amazing Value”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

If you are looking for a property in Dubai that is not over the top pricy and won't disappoint then JA Ocean View Hotel should be top of your list. It is just a block from the ocean and all rooms have an amazing ocean view. We had a room near the very top floor and it was wonderful to sit on the balcony and enjoy a beverage while watching ocean and beach goers. The restaurant choices are great, the location is great, the staff are very very attentive and the rooms are very clean and spacious with everything you could possibly need. We will definitely be going back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank khwUtopia
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear khwUtopia,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you found the hotel to be very clean, spacious and had an amazing value for money. I was also happy to hear that you enjoyed the accommodation that was provided to you, as you have kindly mentioned, you can enjoy a beverage with a wonderful view on a balcony. I do appreciate your positive comments about the available restaurants in the hotel and the hotel’s location.

Lastly, your kind acknowledgments to my team whom you felt were all attentive is highly appreciated. I will personally ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (734)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Al Ain
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I stayed at the hotel for one night with my husband. We live in Al Ain so we only stayed one night as a weekend break, however we are definitely going to be returning to this lovely hotel!

The interior of the hotel itself is very clean and fresh. Our room was absolutely stunning and as all rooms have an ocean view and a balcony I don't think you can go wrong.

The location is brilliant as you are 1 minute from the beach and lots of restaurants, cafés and shops.

We ate and drank within the hotel as we were there for one night and I have to say the buffet food at La Rivage was brilliant for both dinner and breakfast.

What stood out about this hotel in particular was the top notch customer service. From the moment we walked in the door, until the moment we left every single person; behind reception, in the restaurants and bars in the hotel, was really friendly, helpful and smiley. All of the staff made sure they were attentive without being too invasive!

I must give a particular mention to Sanjaya, who checked us in and out. He was extremely helpful, friendly, thoughtful and seemed genuinely interested.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Spam26
Dear Spam26,

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be amazing that has a very clean and fresh interior, and has rooms which were absolutely stunning. I do also appreciate your positive comments about the accessibility of the hotel’s location which you felt was brilliant, as well as the restaurant available in the hotel.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after during your stay. You have kindly mentioned that they were really friendly, helpful, smiley and attentive! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Overall this hotel was superb, great location, superb standard, comfortable rooms, excellent food and very helpful staff. In particular the JA Ocean view has a fantastic pool, especially during the hot summer months this is exactly what you need. It is much larger than any of other hotels on the strip. I was especially impressed with the team working pool side, they really couldn’t do enough to ensure a pleasant stay. In particular I would like to thank Team leader Chandimal and his team for all there great efforts and service during our stay.

Please also note our room was only on the 5th floor and we had no issues with noise and had a great view.

I would recommend any of my friends and family to stay at JA ocean view.

Room Tip: Purchase a basic room and upgrade on arrival, usually a better rate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kapwalla
Dear kapwalla,

It was lovely to hear that you considered the hotel to be in a great location, had a superb standard, with comfortable rooms, had excellent food served in our very own restaurants and has a fantastic swimming pool.

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests, thus, your wonderful compliments about my team is very much appreciated whom you felt were very helpful and really couldn’t do enough to ensure that you had a pleasant stay with us.

See room comments.

A faultless experience. The hotel is superbly located in all respects with The Walk (most impressive) on your doorstep and a superb beach a short stroll away. Most of the work which previous reviews mentioned has ceased and we had a peaceful stay. To be honest, with the standard of soundproofing in the room, we would not have noticed it anyway and found endless pleasure in people/worker watching from a great height.

Room Tip: We were upgraded on arrival to a club sea view room which was clean,airy,comfortable and serviced da...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank David H
Dear David H,

I was extremely pleased to read that you had a faultless and peaceful stay with us. I can see that you found the hotel to be in a superb location, which is nice to know. I personally witnessed the development in the areas which are nearby the hotel, and it was good to hear that you also enjoyed these improvements.

Bath, UK
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in October 2013. Dubai was hot and there were lots of places to explore. The pool was nice with warm water but there was continuous repetitive music from the speakers.
They gave beach towels and a mat to walk to the beach across the road but there were no beds. The lifts were quite slow to go up 25 floors, but in the room they offered a pillow menu! Cost of drinks to be aware of: Beer 35d, Cocktail 70d = £10, £7 glass of wine. The Hotel restaurant meal costs 245d = £42ph (without drinks!). Happy hours are 4-7 and 11-12, but note that Islamic New Year is 3rd Nov so no alcohol anywhere. NOTE that there are strict clothing rules for women everywhere but nobody takes any notice of it! I bought specific clothes for this trip to cover shoulders and knees but needn't have bothered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nicola C
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear sunluvva,

As we are committed to making a difference and creating memorable experiences for all our guests, I fully valued your positive feelings about your stay with us!

We take all our guest feedbacks seriously, which allows us to continuously improve. I can confirm that the management team and I are now reviewing the areas for improvement which you have highlighted.

In UAE, like other Muslim countries, there are certain restrictions in place which includes consumption of alcoholic beverages during the holy occasions and appropriate clothing in public areas, as a sign of respect to local culture. I have to correct your statement about the Islamic New Year, on which the actual date depends by local sightings of the moon; hence, it is not always be on the same date as you have mentioned. Also the meal for AED 245 in our Le Rivage buffet restaurant does include unlimited alcoholic beverage, on Fridays even cocktails and sparkling wine.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the JA Ocean View, we had a nice view from our room we could see the Atlantis in the distance.
The hotel is located at the end of the walk which is still under construction but soon to be finished. Some good restaurants near by offering a varied choice, the breakfast at the hotel was delicious and had a good range.
The service from the hotel staff was very good. I would recommend having a drink at the bar on the top floor, some lovely night views and drinks we'rent badly priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mytravels13
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear Mytravels13,

I was extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also delighted to read your positive comment about the hotel’s location, the nice view from your accommodation, and the service that you received from my team.

I completely agree with you about the view from the top floor bar, The Whistlers, the view is stunning at night and I personally witnessed the developments in the area which I must say are outstanding. I hope that you will appreciate these improvements on your next visit with us.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future, maybe then with a 5 star TripAdvisor rating. 

A
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Last April i met Balkrishna at the Ocean View in Dubai while i was waiting for a friend at the pool bar. I didn't feel like drinking anything but water because i don't really drink alcohol. But Balkrishna made me an amazing cocktail without any alcohol in it! I never tasted anything like it before : ). Besides that he offered me the most personal service i experienced in Dubai sofar. Even though he was also busy with other customers, he made my waiting time not bad at all! I would be happy to wait again for a while, with service like this : )

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank L C
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear L C,

We are dedicated to creating lasting and genuine relationships with our guests. Our values are molded by the heartfelt hospitality which we are known for. I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments about my team who looked after you, whom you felt provided the most personal service you have experienced.