“Perfect location to stay in Dubai!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of JA Ocean View Hotel

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #57 of 544 Hotels in Dubai
Surat, India
“Perfect location to stay in Dubai!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

JA Ocean View Hotel is located in the heart of Dubai, The Walk. Hotel has the best of the rooms and services. I visited there in December 2013 and stayed for couple of days. The hotel staff is welcoming and friendly. As it was Christmas, I paid almost double the price. I just had one concern about the breakfast. As I am a vegetarian, I was looking for a good variety of options in the breakfast. And the breakfast was repeated the next day. So that was quite a disappointment. But at the end, I have regrets for paying more for such a breath taking view and a perfect location.

Room Tip: Try choosing sea view rooms for a perfect good morning
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear fshah86,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was very thankful to receive your positive comments about the hotel which you have highly rated in terms of rooms and services. You have also kindly mentioned that my team was welcoming and friendly.

We value all guest feedback, which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and as such your welcomed feedback has been shared with the management team for further review.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (711)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We were really happy with the close proximity to the beach, friendly staff, large rooms, great breakfast menu and reasonable rates.We would recommend this hotel to everyone from singles to families with children. J

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kamillo681
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Dear Kamillo681,

Thank you for your kind words towards my team and our establishment, we are happy that you had a great experience whilst staying with us! I was also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the accessibility of the hotel’s location, the breakfast served in our very own restaurant, as well as the value for money that we offered.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future, then hopefully with 5 stars in your TripAdvisor rating.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights. The room was big and clean, and the location is excellent. I had a really nice view of the pool and beach, and it is far enough away from the on going building work. I did not eat at the hotel so cannot comment on the food. I paid less that £100 for the room so I think its very good value. Would I call it 5 star...Anywhere else in the World yes, but in Dubai its a 4+.....Would I stay again? Yes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear spencermit,

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I do appreciate your positive words with regards to the hotel’s location, the value for money that we offered, as well as the spaciousness and cleanliness of your accommodation.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we are happy to welcome you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

PS. We are a 4star, but always happy to have our heartfelt hospitality rated 5 star in TripAdvisor. 

Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

the hotel was breathtaking! the staff were excellent! food was very tasty! perfectly situated by the beach! the hotel perfectly clean!

to hit the touristy areas we had to travel very far with a very hefty taxi charge!!
no private beach which was stated when we booked it, had to travel to a sister hotel to take advantage of the beautiful clear blue water!

overall, loved the hotel and would happily return there!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sal1980
Dear sal1980,

It was very nice to read your kind words about the hotel which you felt was one of the best and breathtaking! I also enjoyed reading your positive comments about the food served in our restaurants, as well as to my team.

For the convenience and comfort of our guests, we are offering complimentary shuttle service to most main shopping malls in Dubai. Some of the tourist attractions are located nearby to these shopping malls; therefore, we do recommend our guests to take the available shuttle service which is closest to their destination, to avoid any disappointment with regards to taxi fare.

Could I ask you for a favor to send me the correspondence saying that we do have a private beach in front of the hotel to my email: generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com.
Nowhere in our collateral I can find such a claim, we are a beach facing, not a private beach hotel and that is why we offer complimentary transport & access to our sister hotel, the JA Jebel Ali Golf Resort.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

Just came back from a lovely 5 days holidays in Dubai we spend a lot of time to choose a perfect place and what we had found was just amazing everything was just so perfect we love the Hotel for its cleanness its fresh and rooms are very modern Massive. The best in this hotel is staff which is real credit we love the suggestions/directions given by concierge guys who are always smiling and ready to help in and when we go out for morning beach run and swimming everything is avialble and need to worry about . We are already planning to come back for New Year’s holidays for sure we will be stopping in JA Ocean View Hotel. Bravo to concierge team

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrMohamedMagdi
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 8, 2014
Dear DrMohamedMagdi,

I was extremely pleased to read your positive comments with regards to your stay, the cleanliness of the hotel, your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was very modern and massive.

The kind compliments you have written about my team who looked after you, is very much appreciated.

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last year. Again, this place easily gets the 5 stars with me. I even got an amazing rate. No complaints...just lots of love, respect and smiles.

Construction in front of it is mostly done and the JBR area now even has a few hundred new outlets open. More reasons to stay at Ocean View.

Can't wait to be back ;)))

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank hlughod
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear hlughod,

It was indeed a pleasure to read another great review from our returning guest, and I was extremely pleased to receive a high rating from you once more.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Just came back from a lovely 3 days holidays in Dubai we spend a lot of time to choose a perfect place and what we had found was just amazing everything was just so perfect we love the Hotel for its cleanness its fresh and rooms are very modern Massive.

The best in this hotel is staff which is real credit we love the suggestions/directions given by concierge guys who are always smiling and ready to help in particular Ali & Ramesh these 2 guys are just fantastic and made our mornings when we go out for morning beach run.

Bravo to concierge team and big Hello to all of them we are missing you guys already :(

Room Tip: Look for a Room on higher floor and a club room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Harry I
Dear Harry I,

I was delighted to read that you found the hotel to be a perfect place, amazing, clean, fresh and has rooms which were very modern and massive.

We embrace the importance of recognizing our associates’ successes, and it was truly rewarding to hear nice compliments about their hard work and dedication towards delivering a heartfelt hospitality.