JA Ocean View Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$453
$221
Doubletree
$543
Jumeirah.com
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$413
$58
$526
$406
  • Pool
Roda Al Murooj(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$205
$168
Agoda.com
$308
$208
$1,470
5,523 results
All reviewscoral loungegirders barle rivagebeach kitsister hotelgreat hotelpublic beachpool areajbr walkour honeymoonjebel aliexcellent locationrestaurants and shopsfree shuttleclub roomdubai marinabuilding work
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 19, 2014

Can't say anything negative about this hotel, everything was great.
There was a little confusion when we first checked in as we requested both rooms on the same floor and they did not have that down, but that was soon rectified no problem.
Our rooms were on the 21st floor and where fantastic, great views, lovely comfy beds, elemis toiletries and free bottled water daily.
There was some construction going on at the front of the hotel, but that did not bother us, you could not hear it with the balcony door closed.
Staff were brilliant could not do enough for you.
The breakfast buffet was excellent they had absolutely everything you could think of, would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Dubai for a holiday.

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor, excellent views
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank mariaP1212014
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear mariaP1212014,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It was very lovely to read your review, and I am happy to hear that your stay with us was fantastic! I was pleased to know that you found your accommodation to be fantastic, has great views, has lovely and comfortable beds, and also enjoyed the amenities and facilities available.

I do appreciate your kind words about the food served in our restaurant especially during breakfast which you have kindly mentioned was excellent and had a wide selection, as well as to my team whom you felt were brilliant and helpful.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

We booked this hotel at the end of a 10 day stay with family in Abu Dhabi. On arrival the door staff were so helpful unloading our bags and showing us in. The reception staff were very friendly gave us so much information and very helpfully also had it all printed out as it was lots to take in! Reception staff had remembered that it was my partners birthday and wished him a happy birthday and we enjoyed an upgrade to a superior room.

The room was stunning so clean , very large (larger than the family rooms at the Atlantis!!!) lovely sea view. The only down side was the building works however we were aware of these before we arrived and as will everywhere in Dubai it is growing and being developed it had no impact on our stay at all. The bathroom was beautiful and clean and the Emelis products in the bathroom added a real feel of luxury. A lovely touch was to have a knock at the door and a birthday cake was delivered from the hotel which was so yummy and a really lovely touch.

The only down side was that we were expecting a king size bed and it was 2 large single beds pushed together with 2 large single duvets. It was a big bed however not what we were expecting. We spoke to reception who were so helpful and told us the the 2 singles was common in Dubai (we googled it and this does appear to be the case!) however they said they would change the duvet to a king and were very apologetic. Just as we got back to the room 2 staff arrived and the bed was quickly changed and I can't fault the staff at all they felt with the problem professionally quickly and with a smile. We also had a call the following morning to ensure we were happy with the bed.

The breakfast was stunning so much choice and all lovely, hot and again the staff are really friendly and helpful and any dirty plates were removed very quickly and tea and coffee topped up before you knew you wanted a top up.

We enjoyed a cocktail on the top floor at Whistlers it was great a huge glass full of fresh fruit and very boozy which was a real treat after very little to drink so far on this holiday. You got a complimentary tapas with your drink and at about £8 per cocktail this felt like great value! We also had on the the evening brunches at the La Rivage we chose the French night it was lovely again a very high standard of food lots of choice all hot, constantly being refreshed and very yummy. We went for the bundle with Alcohol included which was constantly being topped up At no extra cost went for the sparkling wine and my other half the red which was lovely for a house red. It work out about £40 per head with all you can drink and I had about 6 glasses of fizz and again this felt like great value. Again the staff were wonderful helpful and charming.

The location of this hotel is great the walk is full of places to eat and the constant stream of luxury cars on parade it was quite a site and had a real biz about it. The free local beach was lovely and we went to the sister hotel with a beach and golf course which also was lovely.

We are already planning our next trip next year and we will be staying here again we love this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Charliebear85

Dear Charliebear85,

Firstly, I would like to personally wish your partner a belated “Happy Birthday! It was a pleasure to hear that you considered staying with us once again on your next visit to Dubai.

It was nice to read that you found the hotel to be wonderful with a 5star feeling! I do appreciate your kind words regarding the accessibility of the hotel’s location, as well as the food served in our restaurant especially during breakfast which you felt were stunning, all lovely, fresh, and has a lot of choices.

I would like to thank you for your positive comments about your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was stunning, very clean, very large, has a lovely sea view and you really felt luxurious because of the bathroom that was beautiful and clean with Elemis products.

Your personal acknowledgement with regards to my team is highly appreciated. You have kindly mentioned that they were very friendly, very helpful, wonderful and charming. I will definitely ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Positives:
Lovely pool, lovely views, attentive staff, large rooms, lovely spa, lovely Elemis bathroom products, good location for restaurants and local shops, cheap taxis, beach nice and close, great beach packs for guests.

We had a great welcome with fresh lemonade and refreshing towels on arrival, although we had requested an early check in we only had to wait a couple of hours and went and slept on the sunbeds until our room was ready. We enjoyed the burj khalifa and dinner at texas roadhouse at the dubai mall watching the fountains, we also had the Friday brunch buffet at The Atlantis in Kaleidoscope which was outstanding and well worth the £30 per head. The Dubai Mall was just too big in my opinion to even know where to start for shops so we went to the Mall of the Emirates for some shopping another evening.

Negatives:
Not an easy walk to the metro, building work everywhere (not the hotel just surrounding), pool in the shade most of the day, pool music very loud until late and we were out of season.

We stayed at Ocean View Hotel to celebrate my 30th birthday, despite my husband emailing the hotel to tell them of the occasion many months prior and them mentioning it at check in, nothing special was done as promised by them which was a real shame as I had read so many other reviews on TA before we went who had had those special times noted.

We also had an incident on the Saturday night of our stay (we stayed Thursday to Monday). At 2.30am we were woken by a man banging on our room door, very scared we just said he had the wrong room, he had covered the spy hole and my heart was off the scale scared (not helped by being 7 months pregnant). After he eventually left our door he banged on another one on our floor. We called reception and then security who said they would send someone up to check the floor. We never heard anything from anyone again - this also added to my disappointment of them not noting my birthday after such a scary experience. They then put the charge of the call to reception/security on our bill!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable.

I would recommend this hotel to others but if we were to return we would definitely stay at a hotel that had it's own beach and felt more private. The pool is very overlooked, not sunny and the building work everywhere wasn't what I wanted to see from the beach but that is a Dubai issue not the hotel's.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Rebecca P
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Rebecca P,

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the facilities available in the hotel, the spaciousness of your accommodation, the views, the bathroom amenities available in your room, the accessibility of the hotel’s location, as well as my team whom you felt were attentive.

It was a pleasure to know that you had received a great welcome from my team, and we were able to provide your room prior to our standard check-in time of 15:00hours which is always subject to availability and occupancy levels.

Please also allow me to personally wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was pleased to hear that you and your husband had decided to celebrate this special occasion with us; however, it is with great regret that you felt this was not acknowledged during your stay which is not a true reflection of our usual high standards. I was also surprised and concerned to read that you had experienced disturbances on one occasion whilst in your room. I would be most interested in receiving further details from you in order for us to address your concerns, so please do not hesitate to contact me directly at generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com. Kindly include your room number so I can fully follow up both points mentioned by you and make sure those incident do not happen again.

To make up for your missed birthday cake, please supply me with your full address and I promise to sort something nice out for you.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

We booked this hotel as a stopover before our main hotel was due to be ready - due to the red eye flight arrival time. Pleasant surprise on arrival, the staff were friendly and room was pristine. Large and spacious room with a looong sofa too!The pillow menu is a real treat! The toiletries were good and the view from the small balcony was great, it overlooked the resident pool. Tea and coffee making facilities were present too. Singage to access the hotel from the main road could be improved, our taxi driver had to make a couple of calls to locate the hotel. The hotel is located at one end of the JBR Walk - which is the hub of Jumeriah Beach Residence area; loads of bars, eateries and other amenities. We ate at the sports bar on the terrace for lunch, which was decent. All in all, a good experience even if only for 6 hours or so. I would go back and stay longer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ibidunni

Dear Ibidunni,

It was lovely to read that overall you had a good experience whilst staying with us, and that you would return in future. I was pleased to hear that you had a pleasant surprise upon your arrival, and you felt that my team was friendly.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about your accommodation which you have kindly mentioned was pristine, large, spacious, has a great view from the balcony, as well as the facilities and amenities available that you enjoyed.

We value all guest feedback, which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and as such I will take your comment about the signage on the main road to locate the hotel on board to further improve our guest experience. Please do let me know on otto.kurzendorfer@jaresorts.com when you book the next time with us.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

everything was good, but I had to remind the management that we are coming for our honey moon and you should do something extra for us, I think this is something that they should have done themselves based on their own initiatives, then they gave us 4 apples.

positives: big room, clean room, clean bathrooms, plenty of towels, nice view, nice beach. breakfast was fantastic.

negatives: slow staff, not ready for special occasions.

Room Tip: choose rooms from floor 20 upwards.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mozi a
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear mozi a,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to spaciousness and cleanliness of your accommodation and the amenities available, the view from the hotel and the nearby beach that you enjoyed, as well as the breakfast served in our restaurant which you found to be fantastic!

It is a special feature of our hotel (and Dubai) to welcome wedding anniversary couples or honeymoon traveller. Therefore all our international Travel Trade partners are asking upon booking for the wedding certificate or similar, so we can plan for the sometimes up to 20 couples per day we have staying with us, and four apples are certainly our “standard honeymoon set up”. We do apologise in case this has not happen properly with you and your partner during your last stay! Please do let me know when your next visit to beautiful Dubai is up and I will be delighted “to make it up to you”.