JA Ocean View Hotel
Hotels.com
$672
$543
Jumeirah.com
Hilton Dubai Creek(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$113
$110
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Jumeirah Emirates Towers(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$413
$340
$81
Jumeirah Creekside Hotel(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$215
$168
$1,086
$898
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Shangri-La Hotel, Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$268
$218
$1,470
$1,252
Agoda.com
The H Dubai(Dubai)(Great Value!)
$184
5,521 results
All reviewscoral loungegirders barle rivagebeach kitsister hotelgreat hotelpublic beachpool areajbr walkour honeymoonjebel aliexcellent locationrestaurants and shopsfree shuttleclub roomdubai marinabuilding work
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed for a couple of nights in transient to Kuala Lumpar. 20 minute taxi from airport, only £16.

Staff very courteous and friendly. Upgraded to club room. Well worth the extra £40, you get free transfer to airport, free drinks for 2 hours each night in Coral Restaurant, free canapés, free breakfast, which was also excellent! Although there is building sites everywhere, and the beach is small, jump on the free transfer from the hotel to their sister hotel, which has 4 swimming pools, private beach, restaurants galore, and again, fantastic service. Only a 20 minute bus ride away. We went, and had a lovely chilled out time. Again, staff excellent! Particular thank you to KRISTINNE who served us in the Coral Restaurant. Very kind, helpful and polite. A credit to the hotel. Girders Sports Bar in the hotel, what a great bar, good value for money, offers happy hour for 3 hours every night, great atmosphere, food fantastic, everything reasonably priced. We would definitely come back again!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Caladore
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Caladore,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were fantastic and well worth it. It was also nice to hear that you had the chance to visit our very own Girder’s bar and our sister property. You have also kindly mentioned the positive comments about the Girder’s bar which you found to be a good value for money, the atmosphere that you enjoyed, as well as the food served which you felt was fantastic.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very courteous, friendly and excellent, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have stayed in a few hotels in Dubai ranging from 3 - 5 star, but personally I cannot fault this hotel. The location is perfect on the Jumeirah Beach Walk, close to the beach and lots of cafes, restaurants and shops for essential and luxury items.

The hotel itself even in a standard sea view room is luxurious in terms of space and amenities provided with a balcony that can easily accommodate 3 guests, but the pièce de résistance are the beds. They are so comfortable, it is hard to leave them even for the breakfast which is also a great feast. In fact, the food overall is very tasty and beautifully presented with room service being of equally high standard as well as being prompt and courteous.

The staff are also very welcoming and cheerful and nothing is too much trouble. I'd especially like to thank Hashim, Lakshmi and the lady who checked me in for making my most recent stay memorable and Tahir too for responding so promptly to a request for information. In fact, it is not only the ambience of the hotel itself, but the staff too that make it such a great place to stay. This was my second visit this year and I will definitely be returning, but I think I am going to have to wait until the new year as it seems that I am not the only one who really rates this hotel as it almost fully booked until the end of 2013.

I almost don't want to post this review for the fear that I may not be able to book a room so easily next time due to its popularity. However, I believe credit should be given where credit is due. So stay here and I feel sure, you will never regret this decision.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank ElmoW T

Dear ElmoW T,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to read that you consider the hotel to be perfectly situated and the best. I was delighted to read your positive comments about the luxuriousness and spaciousness of the rooms of the hotel, the amenities that were provided, the service that you received which you found to be prompt, courteous and in a high standards, as well as the food served during breakfast which you felt were very tasty and beautifully presented that you enjoyed.

It was a nice to know that you were satisfied with the service that you received upon arrival from my team whom you felt were very welcoming and cheerful, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Reviewed December 14, 2013

This is a four star hotel among many five star hotels i Dubai Marina. It was good, with good breakfast, and the buffet dinner we tried once was very good. But still (hopefully) the location in Dubai Marina is a bit noise with construction work between the hotel and the beach (building shopping malls, etc.) You should evaluate another location if possible if travelling in near future. However, the hotel is nice. I believe that prices are as expected in Dubai (a bit high). But people do not travel to fine hotels in Dubai to get a cheap vacation...

However it was negative that the first thing the receptionist tried to do was to sell us an upgraded room, that we had to ask for the price for. We had booked in advance and knew what we had ordered.

The pool at the third floor was fine, but rules about kids swimming sounded a bit too strict for us. The access to the beach was blocked last part of our stay, so we had to walk some 15 minutes in the streets to get to the beach. We understood that the hotel will do something with that, so I hope this is fixed now.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank NorBrumle
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2013

Dear NorBrumle,

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel, as well as the food served in our restaurants which you have kindly mentioned was very good.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control; and based on the latest information that we received, it will be completed in the near future.

We value all guest feedback, which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your experiences. I can assure you that the feedback and suggestions which you have highlighted are shared with my management team for further review.

Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

We had friends visiting recently en route to Australia and the Ocean View hotel is conveniently located by us so we booked them in. The hotel itself is lovely. Rooms are spacious and clean. There is a lot of construction along jbr at the moment but this was not an issue for them. The issue our friends (and indeed all of jbr) came across are the noise levels during the evening from Girders Bar. It was (and still is) ridiculous. They were beyond reasonable and frankly left us embarrassed having recommended the hot to our friends. It's shocking that a bar in a residential area is allowed to cause such a disturbance to its guests and surrounding neighbours. We are thoroughly disappointed as were our visitors and won't be recommending in future.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank SnowWhitey
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Dear SnowWhitey,

I would like to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was conveniently located and lovely, as well as the spaciousness and cleanliness of the rooms that you enjoyed.

With reference to Girders and the noise levels, as it is an almost fully enclosed indoor venue with sound proofing we are not able to fully understand your comments however please do feel free to contact me at generalmanager.ovh@jaresorts.com for further clarification.

We value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your feedback, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed here for little over a week. The hotel is perfect for the price. Service of the staff is great. Rooms are very nice. So a very good beach hotel, with a lot of restaurants/bars etc around.
Be aware however that there is a lot of building activity going on; no noise from this but the view is not perfect. Also the swimming pool is in the shadow the full day; no problem but not good to get a tan.
We upgraded to a club room to make sure we were high up in the hotel. Not sure if it was worth the extra money but we have enjoyed ourselves very much. Wouldn't hesitate coming back here for holidays.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MAO1163
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear MAO1163,

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were perfect. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the rooms which you found to be nice, the service that was received which you felt was great, as well as the hotel’s accessible location that you enjoyed.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, as well as the sunshine at the swimming pool which was beyond our control and only during certain hours of the day. Nevertheless, I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us!

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.