“Liked it ver much”

Ranked #57 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Liked it ver much”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed here for little over a week. The hotel is perfect for the price. Service of the staff is great. Rooms are very nice. So a very good beach hotel, with a lot of restaurants/bars etc around.
Be aware however that there is a lot of building activity going on; no noise from this but the view is not perfect. Also the swimming pool is in the shadow the full day; no problem but not good to get a tan.
We upgraded to a club room to make sure we were high up in the hotel. Not sure if it was worth the extra money but we have enjoyed ourselves very much. Wouldn't hesitate coming back here for holidays.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MAO1163
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear MAO1163,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were perfect. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the rooms which you found to be nice, the service that was received which you felt was great, as well as the hotel’s accessible location that you enjoyed.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, as well as the sunshine at the swimming pool which was beyond our control and only during certain hours of the day. Nevertheless, I was happy to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us!

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Otto Kurzendorfer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed December 8, 2013

As many of the other recent views the hotel and staff are fabulous BUT the building works and lack of sun spoil it. Its only a 5 minute walk to the beach which is lovely but right by the contruction. The Brazilian restaurant in the hotel was amazing and would recommend it. Also the safari with meal was amazing and compared to the usually high prices .... very good value for money. I would go back to Dubai but maybe not the same hotel despite how nice it was

• Stayed December 2013
Dear jonboy350,

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was delighted to read your very positive comments about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was amazing and a good value for money, the beach that you enjoyed, as well as to my team who look after you whom you felt were fabulous. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our very own Fogo Vivo which you have kindly mentioned were amazing and highly recommendable.

Please accept my sincere apologies to you if you experienced visual disturbance due to nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control; and based on the latest information that we received, it will be completed in the near future as all cranes are removed and only the wall cladding to those 2-3 level high houses is being fixed now.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Having spent an age trying to decide on which hotel to stay at we were persuaded by the reviewers on Trip Advisor to stay here.
I am so glad we did. From our arrival to when we left the staff made us feel at home and nothing was to much trouble.
I upgraded our room to Club and stayed on the 22nd floor which afforded views of the Palm and Ocean. As previously stated by by others yes they are building a new Mall, yes during the day it can be a little noisy. Now they are constructing a new Eye supposed to be bigger than the London Eye, but then its Dubai:) Do not let this detract you from staying here as most of the hotels in this local are affected. Once the balcony door was shut there was no noise what so ever.
The Coral Lounge for Club residents was worth the extra alone, breakfast provided a quiet oasis before the days start with a nice selection of hot and cold foods.
High tea and happy hour were also available.
We wanted to make a special mention of two members of staff. Jackline and Sowan (forgive me but I am not 100% certain Sowan was his name forgot to write it down). Both epitomized the standard of care provided by the staff. Thanks guys your welcome smile and chat. The perfect omelette started our day perfectly.
Altogether an excellent stay and we would return without hesitation.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChrisZX9R
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear ChrisZX9R,

It was a great pleasure to read your very detailed review, and I was delighted that you decided to stay, following other traveler’s reviews. I was extremely pleased to know that you felt our hotel surpassed your expectations, and I was happy that overall you had an excellent and enjoyable stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words about the views of the Palm from your accommodation, as well as the High Tea and Happy Hour. It was also nice to read that you enjoyed the ambience, views and the selection breakfast served in the Coral Lounge.

Please accept my sincere apologies to you if you experienced noise disturbance due to nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control; and based on the latest information that we received, it will be completed in the near future.

It was a nice to know that you were satisfied with the service that you received upon arrival from my team who made your stay enjoyable, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on.

UAE
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Stayed in the hotel over the weekend. Fabulous rooms and decor. Very attentive and accomodating staff, this was a last minute booking and i spoke to a gentleman at the reception called Sanjay and he ensured that he allocated us a good room, considering it was our anniversary, they arranged for a small cake and fruit platter. Loved the place and ambience from the moment we walked in. Would stay here again, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Room no 1709 has a good view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear Benedita,

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable and a very pleasant stay with us. I was delighted to read your positive comments about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable, the rooms and decor which you found to be fabulous, atmosphere that you enjoyed. I do appreciate you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledge by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were very attentive and accommodating. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Phalaborwa, South Africa
Reviewed December 6, 2013

only a pity the minigolf was not there as advertised another BUT was the Beach being almost blocked by Construction, then Again where in Dubai can you avoid that! - otherwise gr8 stay with nice breakfast, nice and clean rooms and lobby, nice pool, nice staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tine N,

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable and a nice stay with us. I was delighted to read your positive comments about the rooms and lobby which you have kindly mentioned were nice and clean, the swimming pool, as well as the food served during breakfast that you enjoyed. I do appreciate you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay. You have kindly mentioned that they were nice. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control; and based on the latest information that we received, it will be completed in the very near future.

Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

my friend and I booked this trip and decided to go with the hotel recommended by our travel agent and the reviews in tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. In fact the hotel and the staff and the hotel amenities really helped enjoy our holiday to the max!

The food was STUNNING. We went half board and we are very happy we did. The breakfasts were fabulous and catered for every taste. Whilst I stuck with different types of eggs every day, my friend decided she would have lamb curry everyday for breakfast! W had lunch once or twice and if we had been out all day we chose dinner which we wished we could have done more of if em hadn't had reservations in other restaurants in Dubai.

Special mention to Ali at the concierge desk and Madhara at the Events desk. Both made our stay extra special by ensuring to give us tips on the bookings we wanted to make and made sure anywhere we booked seated us in the best position of the hotel or restaurant. Their extra special care to attention made us feel like we were well respected guests and made the hotel experience that much more enjoyable. THANK YOU.

We enjoyed the spa at the hotel (all elemis products) and the pool, although it was in the shade which really is the only downside. However the beach is not far, on this trip however there was a lot of construction which meant we had to walk to the beach (15-20) mins but we didn't mind this as there were a lot of shops on the JBR walk which were a pleasure to explore.

I would happily stay here again and recommend anybody to stay here. It was a really special experience and the room on level 16 was stunning. Great view of the Atlantis hotel on the Palm! We frequented the pool, roof and Scottish bar most nights before hitting the city. The pool bar had ladies night one night and we had the pleasure of drinking free cocktails which were fantastic!!!!!!

Thank you ocean view hotel. Komal and Betty (Scotland & England)

Room Tip: Choose a high room for a good view as far as the palm to see the Atlantis hotel in the distance.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Komie2013,

It was a great pleasure to read your very detailed review, and I was delighted that you decided to stay with us, following other traveler’s reviews. I was extremely pleased to know that you felt our hotel surpassed your high expectations, and I was happy that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us!

I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was fabulous and highly recommendable, the amenities offered by the hotel that you enjoyed, the food and selection served especially during breakfast which you felt was stunning and fabulous, the swimming pool, as well as the Calm Spa which you had enjoyed the Elemis products.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comments about the rooms in the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was stunning, as well as the view of Palm and Atlantis that you enjoyed.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who made your stay enjoyable, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Booked a one night stay when visiting family. Very nice location with great views good choice of dining and great bar at Girders with wall to wall football
Meal was good. Happy hour drinks even better
Will defo return here.

Room Tip: All rooms are sea view so any are good .
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear adam m,

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I was happy to read that you consider the hotel to be perfectly situated and very nice, the views, the Happy Hour that you enjoyed. It was also nice to hear that you had the chance to visit our very own Girder’s bar.