“Nice hotel, noisy construction work, helpful staff, clean, spacious rooms, wonderful view”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #63 of 555 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Just back from a week at this hotel, staff very friendly and helpful, rooms spacious, views were wonderful, pool area nice but no sunshine on it during our stay (early November) till late on in the pm then just a tiny area, access to beach was closed off most of the time due to the construction work and the construction work was almost 24 hours a day and very noisy even at the 20th floor

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Suz310
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Suz310,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the JA Ocean View Hotel.

It was lovely to read your review, as well as your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were nice, the views which you found to be wonderful, as well as the spaciousness and cleanliness of the rooms. I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very friendly and helpful. I will ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out, as well as the sunlight at the swimming pool which was beyond our control. I am pleased to inform you that we are listing our customer feedback, have reacted already and are currently finalizing a 2nd sun deck area on the other side of the hotel’s tower, hence by Christmas we should have sun coverage on the pool side of the hotel for 6 hours, while the promenade side has the other 6 hours. Also the construction of the Beach Promenade is almost complete, no more cranes and we do look forward to the grand opening within the next 30 days.

Our guests are also encouraged to visit our sister property if they wish to be in a private beach facility, wherein they can reach by the complimentary shuttle service that we provide several times every day. This exclusive and private beach facility is not accessible to any other hotel or their guests located on the Dubai JBR Walk.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for JA Ocean View Hotel

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I tried really hard to find faults about this hotel but failed; our stay was perfect in every single aspect.

VISA SUPPORT

The hotel requires a min of 3 nights stay to provide visa support. You are then charged 1-night stay, in addition to the visa fee of AED 300 per applicant.

Visa support was fast, easy and efficient. All I needed was to fill in the application form sent by email and attach the required documents. They said visa would be issued within 5 working days, and it was, indeed.

TRANSFER

We flew into Sharjah after a tough earlier trip, so decided to make things easier and order a transfer from the Ocean View (AED 235). The driver only showed up when I was about to call the hotel, but then the transfer was perfect. The driver, although not obliged to, was top informative about the UAE and Dubai. This, together with a welcoming drink while we were checking-in, marked the beginning of a fabulous week stay.

LOCATION

The hotel is located in Dubai Marina, where as recently as few years ago there was nearly nothing. Today it’s a densely build-up area, with many hotels and few restaurants and shops in it. The hotel is not on the front coast line, but the views of the Arab Gulf from our room were excellent.

They offer free shuttle bus ride to several biggest Dubai shopping malls (make sure to reserve seats in advance). And it was top convenient for the road trips south (Abu Dhabi, Al Ain) as we avoided downtown traffic.

BEACH

After amazing Yemeni beaches I couldn’t force myself to go to a beach in Dubai. These, and specifically the one next to the Ocean View, were more like construction sites, not at all tempting to swim or stay on.

CLUB LOUNGE

I chose Club Sea View room (B&B basis), and found club option perfect. The hotel is big, so a breakfast in the club lounge was a plus. Breakfasts choices were not excessively huge, but additional requests were accommodated perfectly well. And I have specifically appreciated that my preferences were remembered. Delicious meals and coffee, warm personnel and fabulous views provided for an excellent start of the day.

Evening cocktails, when free drinks and some snacks were served, were never too crowded, so the atmosphere was wonderful and relaxing. Selection of drinks, although not large or diverse, was quite fine, and delicious little snacks were different each day.

ROOM

The kindest reception officer offered us a fantastic room – a corner one on the top floor. I loved it!

The bed was good, except that it wasn’t a king-size, but two large mattresses put together. Sleep quality was nevertheless excellent. Stylish, modern, and clean bathroom had fine toiletries; all amenities functioned properly. Complimentary water was supplied regularly.

The balcony with a small table and two chairs was my favourite place. The room’s beneficial location ensured perfect privacy, and the views of the Gulf, Palm Jumeira and Burj Al Arab in a distance were amazing.

SERVICE

Can’t praise the nicest, efficient and friendly people working in this hotel, and especially club lounge (except for an overly talkative Russian girl perhaps) high enough. They have certainly contributed to the pleasure of our stay.

RECOMMENDED!

Considering that Dubai is not the best place for budget holidays, Ocean View hotel is truly the best value for money one can find in the city. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Cora_v

Dear Cora_v,

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were fast, easy and efficient. I would like to thank you for your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable and excellent value for money, the Arabian Gulf views which you found to be excellent, the service that you received, as well as the complimentary shuttle bus service that you used to visit and enjoy some of the tourist attractions in Dubai. You have also kindly mentioned that our restaurant offered a lot of variety of food and beverage especially during breakfast, in particular Coral Lounge and it was accommodated perfectly well.

It was also a pleasure to read your positive comments about the rooms in the hotel which you felt was fantastic, the bathrooms which you found to be modern, clean and stylish, as well as the bathroom amenities which you felt had a lot of touches.

Your comments with regards to the service that you received from my team, whom you felt were efficient and friendly, were very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to JA Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Second time to Duabi as daughter working here at the moment. However first time to this hotel. Impressive front and reception Extremely helpful and polite reception staff and staff in general

Construction noise 24 hrs can still be heard on 18th floor ( I am a very light sleeper). However the view from the hotel room is amazing def made up for the noise.

Room
Clean spacious and very well presented love the Elemis products and the use of the shower mat
Safe very easy to use Good hairdryer

Beach:
at the moment not accessible ftom the hotel. However public beach 10-15 mins down the road and the hotel beach pack is very useful. Looking forward to the Mall being completed

Breakfast:
Beautiful and elegant area for meals. If you like healthy food options this is your hotel . Real fruit in the water jugs. Varity of yogurts and nuts and as for the fresh vegetable and fruit drinks: divine. However did not eat dinner here as there ar many choices on the walk

Gym
Good facilities and lots of clean towels

In general
I felt this hotel was much more intimate compared to the other hotel stayed at in May on the walk. Excellent value for money and hopefully will be returning in MAY 2014 with my son
Well done to Managment and Staff

Room Tip: The higher floors
Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank libby40EnglandUk
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear libby40EnglandUk,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us, and I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned offered a great value for money, the service that you received upon your arrival, the hotel’s facilities such as gymnasium, the cleanliness and spaciousness of the rooms, as well as the amenities available in the room, in particular the Elemis products which you enjoyed. You have also kindly mentioned that our restaurant offered a lot of fresh variety of healthy food and beverage especially during breakfast, and it was beautiful and elegant area for meal.

Please accept my sincere apologies to you if you experienced noise disturbance due to nearby construction work being carried out, which was unfortunately beyond our control; and based on the latest information that we received, it will be completed in the very near future.

Your comments with regards to the service that you received from my team, whom you felt were extremely helpful and polite, is very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Superb location, amazing staff, styilish accomodation.
Room was nice, new, tasty furniture.
Bed and bedding was really comfortable, bathroom is quite ample.
Excellent cleanliness, our room was cleaned twice a day.
Staff extremely helpful, service minded, flexible, goes the extra mile for You.

We loved the panorama, I think it was amazing, even though there was a construction going on at the public beach in front of the hotel, we stayed on a higher floor, and could still enjoy a spectacular view.

Room Tip: Higher floor means less noise disturbance, and better view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TamiP22

Dear TamiP22,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us, and that you consider us to be the best city hotel experience you ever had. I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel’s location which you have kindly mentioned was superb, the cleanliness of the rooms in the hotel, the service that you received, the bathroom amenities which you felt was ample, as well as the bed and the bedding which you found to be comfortable. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were extremely helpful, amazing and flexible. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

First time I've ever written on TA, but the service at the hotel was so good I had to post a review. Initially the airline had lost my suitcase but the hotel were happy enough to follow this up for me and my suitcase was retrieved the following day. Everyone was very polite and helpful, food was superb and the facilities were excellent - especially Ishwor on the front desk - he was superb and every time I was in the area he always greeted me by my name - in a hotel FULL of people this personal touch made it all the better. We only stayed two nights as it was a short break en-route back to Australia but would definitely return if I was ever in Dubai!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark F

Dear Mark F,

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel and its facilities. It was also nice to know that you were satisfied with the service that you received from my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you acknowledge by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were very polite, helpful, and superb! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel, fast check in all staff are really helpful, the hotel is in an excellent location on jumeriah beach with lots of restaurants and shops near by. The public beach is short walk from the hotel, but the hotel provide a beach bag with towels and matt.
The only down side about this hotel is the pool area as it is at the back of the hotel over looking the sea, it is in the shade until around 3pm which is no good for sun bathing.
The good at the hotel is lovely couldn't ask for more.
The rooms are spacious and very modern.
The free shuttle bus to the attractions is great, you can also visit the jebel Ali sister hotel which has a lovely pool and beach area for sun bathing.
Would definitely recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank AB_SU48

Dear AB_SU48,

It was lovely to read your review. I would like to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were excellent, good and lovely, the service that you received upon your arrival, the hotel’s accessible location, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the spaciousness and modernism of the rooms in the hotel, as well as the beach amenities that you enjoyed. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property.

I have noted your feedback about the sunlight at the swimming pool which was beyond our control. I am pleased to inform you that we are listing our customer feedback, have reacted already and are currently finalizing a 2nd sun deck area on the other side of the hotel’s tower, hence by Christmas we should have sun coverage on the pool side of the hotel for 6 hours, while the promenade side has the other 6 hours.

Your comments and kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were really helpful is highly appreciated. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed November 23, 2013

Good hotel in very expensive city, breakfast good and city interesting viewed from hop on, hop off bus.Weather was fine and warm and city clean but a bit sterile. Shopping centres are a bit underwhelming though more than adequate.
Two days plenty.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fryzer
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Fryzer,

I was happy to read your review, and I was pleased to know your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was good, the views, the atmosphere, the free shuttle bus service that you enjoyed, as well as the food served in our restaurant which you felt was good.