“A lovely relaxing place to stay”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #65 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We returned to Dubai for our third trip but the first to this hotel. We were made to feel very welcome and the staff did so much to be helpful and friendly. We paid for the club room access and had amazing views down the walk, the beach, the palm and the construction site from the 25th floor. I would reiterate that the construction didn't impact on our stay at all and it is quite a fascination to watch the scale of it! Our stay included a super buffet breakfast that could be taken in either the main buffet or in the club room, then complementary high tea and pre-dinner drinks. The hotel provided a great beach bag including mat, towels and sun umbrella for the beach. The pool and baby pool were both enjoyed a lot by our family. The pool is mainly in the shade, except for between 12-3 (in October) which suited us fine. We used the babysitting service one evening and that worked out really well too and not as expensive as some of the other hotel we had been to in Dubai.

We used the shuttle to visit the Jebel Ali resort and we also walked to the metro station to get the efficient metro to the Dubai Mall/Mall of the Emirates. We would use the metro more if we wanted to explore more and would even use it to get to the airport if we didn't have children with us.

Overall we were very impressed with the Ocean View and it gave us the week we wanted, warm weather, easy access to beach, pool and the restaurants on the walk and great friendly service.

Would love to return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Roosquared,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the beach amenities, the views of the Palm from your accommodation which you felt was amazing, the swimming pool that your children enjoyed, the food during breakfast which you have kindly mentioned was superb, as well as the opportunity to access our Coral Lounge. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, and made your stay enjoyable. You have kindly mentioned that they were very welcoming, helpful and friendly! I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for JA Ocean View Hotel

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We've just returned from a 5 night break at the Ocean View Hotel (club rooms) to celebrate my sister in law's 18th birthday.
This hotel really is fantastic, the location on the 'walk' is so convenient for the many shops and restaurants. The hotel itself has so much variety and we ate at the amazing Fogi Vivo and enjoyed the Brazilian cuisine, the band and dancing. Girders and the pool bar both have 'Happy Hour' with live music and the main restaurant does an evening buffet which varies on theme from night to night.
The hotel staff are a credit to the JA organisation, special mention to Merry in the coral lounge and experience desk - her incredible customer service skills and attention to detail when giving information were outstanding - also big thanks to Ishwor on the reception desk, helpful, efficient and both truly gave service with a smile.

The shuttle services from the hotel were brilliant, we spent 2 days at the sister resort Jebel Ali. The beach and facilities there were lovely, was amazing to see the resident peacocks there. We also found the taxis to be excellent value.

I had been worried prior to arriving about the comments re construction, I can honestly say it didn't affect us at all. It was hard to improve on the holiday, but the addition of the Mall, a Cinema and new restaurants will be amazing when it opens in 2014.

We will definitely return.

Room Tip: The club rooms have a breakfast, afternoon tea and complimentary happy hour.

Dear colnkits,

First of all, I would like to wish your sister in-law a belated “Happy 18th Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic and brilliant, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the hotel’s accessible location, the food served in our restaurant which you felt was amazing and has a lot of variety in particular at Fogo Vivo, as well as the Happy Hour that you enjoyed. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were incredible customer service skills, helpful, efficient and always smiling! I will ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We spent 3 nights here in October and are planning to stay there every time we go through Dubai now! It's in a good location with restaurants & the beach so close. The Marina was maybe a 5 minute walk & the metro about 10 minutes.

The staff were all so lovely & friendly & everything still felt so new & clean. The views are gorgeous & yes, there are cranes everywhere - but that's Dubai! And they didn't block anything, they were just part of the view. The noise wasn't noticeable either - even when we were in the pool.

Breakfast is fantastic - it has everything you could think of & want & more, and the welcome drink on arrival was so refreshing. We arrived at 1am & used the private transfers which we felt was well worth it, Very personable greeting, a fancy car & terrific air conditioning which is what you want when you first leave the airport & experience the heat for the 1st time! We were also given a free upgrade to a superior room which gave us that little bit more space.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear holidayz001,

It is indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about the service that you received upon arrival, the views which you found to be gorgeous, the air-conditioning, the welcome drink which you have kindly mentioned was so refreshing, as well as the breakfast served which you felt were fantastic!

Your comments with regards to the service that you received from my team, whom you felt were lovely, friendly and personalised the greetings, were very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

As Ive worked for an airline and travelled the world, staying in top hotels I am very particular about the standard of hotel I stay in! I spent weeks looking at various hotels and even tried to change to the Westin Mina last minute but they were full!! (thankfully) as this hotel is FAB!! You will NOT be disappointed! We've just returned from a 5 night stay to celebrate my 40th birthday and had an amazing holiday! The hotel/rooms are stylish and modern. We stayed on the 24th floor in a club room which was worth the extra - lots of choice for breakfast, afternoon tea between 3-5 and canapés/drinks in the evening! Its location is perfect - along the 'walk' where there are lots of shops and restaurants ( choices for every budget) a supermarket just round the corner ,( you can actually see it from level 3 when you get out of the lift and look out over the plaza! The beach is very close and yes you have to walk past a construction site to get to it however the beach and facilities at the Jebel Ali sister hotel are wonderful! a shuttle bus will take you however we chose to get a taxi there ( cost around dhs 45 - about £9) as the first shuttle doesnt leave til 11 am which I thought was a little too late if you want to spend the day at the beach - taxis are so cheap and plentiful making getting around in Dubai so easy! The staff are fantastic and should be proud of their customer service! Thanks to Hashim for helping plan our stay, and advising us on what to do. Big thanks to Merry and Kristina in the Club Lounge for looking after us - they are a credit to the hotel.. There are lots of people moaning about the construction - HELLO!! this is Dubai ( an amazing city still being built ) a shopping mall is being built on the beach close to the hotel which will be great when completed , personally I cant wait to return to Dubai and see its completion - and would definately stay here again.. thank you for a great stay x

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wilsonhno5

Dear wilsonhno5,

First of all, I would like to wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I was happy to read your positive comments about the hotel and the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were fabulous, stylish and modern, the hotel’s accessible location which you found to be perfect, the complimentary shuttle bus service, as well as the breakfast which you have kindly mentioned has a lot of variety. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property that you enjoyed.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were fantastic and helpful! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Just back from a week long family re-union in this great hotel. The hotel is in a great location just 100metres from the beach (you have to walk down the side of a construction site) and the warm waters of the gulf! Whilst there is a lot of construction and traffic jams it doesn't affect the quailty of the experience at this hotel. The staff are well trained, friendly and extremely helpful with a special word for Ishmar on the front desk ( he makes everything happen without fuss). We stayed in the club rooms on 23rd & 24th floors with fabulous views over the Palm. The buffet breakfast is extensive and of top quality. Our flight was not until very late evening and the hotel provided us with complimentary rooms to rest and shower before heading to the airport ( a very much appreciated gesture) allowing us to make full use of our last day in Dubai. You will not find better value for money in Dubai ( we have travelled through several times) than the Ocean View and we intend staying here again when we hopefully reurn in March 2014!!

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floors for best views!
1  Thank Colm Q
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Dear Colm Q,

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was great and in a great location, the views of the Palm from your accommodation which you felt was fabulous, as well as the quality of food during breakfast which you found to be extensive and top.

I was also happy to know that my team managed to provide you with a room before your scheduled flight. I do appreciate you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were extremely helpful, friendly and well trained. I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed here to celebrate our son's 3rd birthday. The hotel is very nice and service is excellent. The view from the balcony is superb, except that there is a construction ongoing everywhere. I bet the construction would turn out to be a great scenery in the future. Lounging in the pool area is a must. We also liked the kids zone for the children, it was very clean and nice.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Junifah,

First of all, I would like to wish your son a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I was delighted to read your candid review with regards to your stay with us. It was also nice to read your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was nice, the service that you received which you felt was excellent, the Chill Zone that your children enjoyed, as well as the view from the balcony which you found to be superb!

I have noted your feedback about the nearby construction work being carried out which was unfortunately beyond our control.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I booked the hotel for a 5 night stay with my mum on a half board basis.Hotel room was very comfortable & clean, the room view was fine & yes there is construction work which I was aware of however didn't dampen the stay one bit.hotel staff were accommo dating esp the concierge team who always assisted with my mum who required the use of a wheelchair & the lovely Merry at the experience booking desk.Food was fantastic breakfast & themed nights every evening.The hotel is however a little further from the main sites & malls but there is scheduled shuttle buses which run throughout the day we managed the beach resort,the gold souk & Dubai mall. The affiliated beach resort is a shuttle ride away which was lovely too. I definitely stay again,its relatively new hotel & is kept that way.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Sima A

Dear SimaAt9,

I was delighted to read that you were impressed with the services offered by the hotel, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the food served during breakfast which you felt was fantastic, the cleanliness and comfortableness of the rooms in the hotel, as well as the theme nights in our restaurants that you enjoyed. Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay, some of whom you have acknowledged by name. You have kindly mentioned that they were accommodating and lovely! I will ensure that your compliments are shared with them.