“Amazing views luxurious stay”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #65 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are amazing large, airy and clean! Lovely restaurants with great food. The pool is good for a little swim bit I wouldn't stay here if you are just planning to sit by the pool as it was rather small. If that's the case stay in their sister hotel Jelba Ali beach resort. The free shuttle to here is amazing if you are in the city and get a few days to relax by the beach!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Lisa H
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Lisa H,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment with regards to the room which you have kindly mentioned was amazing, large, airy and clean. I do also appreciate your kind words regarding the swimming pool, our sister property, as well as the complimentary shuttle bus service that you enjoyed.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for JA Ocean View Hotel

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I had a chance to stay there for 1 night only, so can't comment much since I did not use all the facilities, however I still do have my 5 cents :) Check out was extremely good, Lucy was a star and has to be recognised! This was my second choice hotel and I while I was not so sure if I should stay there, treatment at the reception desk made me feel good.The hotel is new, light, airy and rooms are well appointed and have nice colors. I slept in one of the most comfortable beds of all times! Bathrooms are a bit odd, however have everything one needs. Nice Elemis amenities :) I think (I'm not sure) that all rooms have sea view and i is not hotel's fault that there is so much construction going there on the beach. Room service menu is good but no wine list; ordering through the operator proved to be a bit of a messy problem and it took an hour to finally get what I've actually ordered.
Now, check out was horrible and this is the only thing that was truly disappointing. Wrong billing, slow and unattentive staff who needed some coffee (maybe) was such a difference compared to my check-in! I hope it was just a blip though. I would stay here again for sure. The hotel provides good value for money and location is convenient for tourists.

Room Tip: higher floors are always nicer :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear AlenKa1010,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was also nice to read your kind words about the hotel which you felt was a good value for money and in a great location, the rooms with has a nice color, the bed which you found to be comfortable, as well the Elemis products that you enjoyed.

I was sorry to hear that your departure experience was not to your satisfaction. I can confirm that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards, and I would like to extend my sincere apologies to you for any inconvenience caused.

It was truly moving to read your exceptional praise for our associates who looked after you, and made your stay enjoyable. You have also mentioned some of our associates by name, which I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I've spent 6 nights at this hotel with my sister and overall my experience was positive.
I was only a bit disappointed about a few points.... mainly because I had read so many positive comments from other travellers that my expectations were very high.

We arrived late in the night (after midnight), there was only one person at check in (the other was on the phone) and the clients in front of us seemed to be a bit demanding (or, let's put it this way, they asked lots of questions). We had to wait 10 or 15 minutes. Other travellers said they were offered a drink - we were not (but that is not a big deal at all!!!).

I had requested a room with two separate beds both in my reservation and in the email that I had sent directly to the hotel 3 days before we arrived.
At check in I asked if the room had to beds and the receptionist told me that yes, it had two beds.
So I was highly disappointed when we opened the door of our room and voila.... there was only one bed!

I called reception and they said they would send someone from housekeeping immediately. A very nice guy came within 5-10 minutes (which is not a long time at all.... but when you are dead tired after a flight with 3 stops it can be an eternity) and in 5 minutes he separated the beds.

My only other request for our room was to be on a high floor (since my sister has problems sleeping and I had read comments that rooms on lower floors are a bit noisy due to the music from the hotel bar and the bars of nearby hotels. We were allocated a room on the 7th floor and despite the very good double-glazing the music from the Sheraton was really quite loud. It was the weekend, so they kept partying for quite a long time. During the following days (weekdays) it was better, I think they turned the music down by 11pm or midnight, which is ok.

The room was really nice - just as described by other travellers.
Very nice bathrobes, comfy beds, etc.

There is a free shuttle bus to the sister hotel, which has a very nice private beach. The only problem (for us...perhaps not for the other travellers) is that the first shuttle departed quite late from our hotel. I like to go to the beach relatively early (by 10 am), but this was impossible due to the rather late schedule of the shuttles.
The last one in the afternoon was just about 4pm (if I remember correctly).

There are also free shuttles to some of the main attractions downtown, but we did not use them since the schedule was also not ideal for us. The metro is not far away, we preferred to buy a day pass and travel by public transport, it is much more flexible.

We spend one morning and two afternoons at the pool, which is quite nice but does not have enough sun-loungers for all guests. If you leave your towel on the sun-lounger and go away for a moment (e.g. to the toilet or back to your room to collect something you have forgotten), the staff remove your towel.
Unless you go to the pool in the early morning you will not find a free space.
I would have done a bigger area for sun-loungers.... there is enough space.

On our last day we had an afternoon flight. The evening before we asked if we could leave our valuables at reception (if they had a safe) and we were told no problem, we could do that.
But when we check out in the morning and asked if we could leave our passports and credit cards in the safe (we wanted to go to the beach and did not want to carry them with us) we were told that it could not be done, that they have no safe for guests at reception.
Which I find ok, but I wonder why we were told yes the evening before.

Overall our staying at this hotel was good, if we had not had had some issues at check in and a bit of disappointment at check out, it would have been even better.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on a high floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Enjoytraveltheworld
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Enjoytraveltheworld,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

I was pleased to read that your recent stay with us was overall positive; however, I was disappointed to know that we did not meet your expectations in few areas due to some concerns that you have had experienced whilst staying with us.

I appreciate that our guests may travel on longer journeys from various destinations, and we certainly endeavour to do our best to accommodate each of our guests as soon as we can. With this in mind, it is certainly sometimes challenging when we are experiencing high levels of occupancy and guests arriving at simultaneous intervals. I would like to apologise for any shortfall on this occasion, and I can confirm that this is not a true reflection of our usual high standards.

It was nice to know that you found your accommodation to be really nice. I was concerned to read that your preferred bed arrangement was not provided upon arrival, though I am happy to know that it was sorted out immediately on your liking.

Please allow me to personally extend my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience or noise disturbance that you and your sister may have experienced, as we were unable to extend your request for a room on higher floor. We always do our best to accommodate our guest with their preferences; unfortunately we cannot guarantee specific room numbers and locations, as this is always subject to availability.

I have also noted your suggestions about the need of additional sun loungers, and to have an earlier timings for the complimentary shuttle service to our sister property. I appreciate you taking the time to offer your comments; you will be happy to learn that we are currently resetting the garden terrace behind the hotel; which will give us ample space to place a bigger number of sun-lounges in the near future.

We are in the process of reviewing the services that we are providing at the Reception, and currently we are unable to keep any valuable items for our guest in our custody. I was disappointed to learn that you had experienced miscommunication during your stay, whilst dealing with my team upon departure, and I can assure you that I will personally look into the matter.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed in Ocean View Hotel last week, during the weekend and was impressed with the amazing service and amenities of the Hotel. I am a Hospitality Professional and definitely consider the service received as 5 stars! The rooms are fantastic with high quality amenities. The staff is very friendly and efficient. The location is good (a few steps from the beach and thousands of Restaurants and Cafes). This Hotel will be my choice every time I will back to Dubai.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Joao G
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Joao G,

It was lovely to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the room which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic with a high quality of amenities available, as well as the hotel’s accessible location that you enjoyed.

Your comments with regards to the service that you received from my team, whom you felt was amazing, friendly and efficient, were very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay at OcenView Hotel in JBR in Dubai and I have to say this is absolutely amazing hotel with good location and super bar inside the hotel. This bar is one of the most famous on JBR and everyone is going there.. It's in European style (so people there are mostly from EU, US or Australia) but not just them, everyone.. So I recommend this hotel. Personal is also great and very friendly. Gym, Pool, Restaurant all great. Would love to stay there again.

Room Tip: Sometimes locals are quite noisy when they drive their fancy car so could be enjoying when you hear...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Raadek,

I was delighted to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. It was also nice to read your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was highly recommendable, the swimming pool, the gym, as well as the restaurant across the hotel which you found to be great. I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were very friendly. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

stayed at the hotel from the 17th aug till the 27th the hotel was fantastic from entrying the hotel you felt special the staff were very polite the hotel was immaculate we stayed in room 1804 overlooking the palm I could write all day about the positives about the hotel so all I will say is if your looking for a hotel in Dubai then look no further than the ocean view hotel

Elliot purvis

• Stayed: August 2013
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Elliot P,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. Please allow me to thank you for your positive comment about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was fantastic and immaculate, as well as the view from your accommodation. I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay whom you felt was very polite. I will personally ensure that your compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have just returned from a five night stay and were very pleased with our choice of city and hotel. We booked this after reading lots of other reviews. It certainly is worth more than the four stars. Our room was a club room on 22nd floor on a half board basis. The room was spacious, very well appointed, even down to the bath robes, slippers, shoe horn, sewing kit, and the rubber duck in the bathroom! The room was cleaned frequently and to a high standard with water, coffee etc replenished, on one day it was done three times - which was greatly appreciated. The room overlooked the beach, palm, and the 24/7 construction site - but we knew this in advanced and with the balcony doors closed could not be heard. The club room gave us access to the Coral (executive) lounge - we had breakfast there each day and enjoyed the tranquil ambience as well as the food choice and quality - we enjoyed the afternoon tea on a couple of days and also the happy hour (free) pre-dinner drinks on a couple of days. We had evening meals in Le Rivarge (which was great), Fogo Vivo (amazing), and also at the Tyme restaurant in the sister hotel, Oasis Beach (fantastic). On another evening we went on the Dhow Dinner cruise (not part of the half board arrangement) - another amazing experience. Access to the beach is badly disrupted by the building work - again we knew this in advance - but is worth making the effort - it's like swimming in a giant hot bath - and a complimentary beach kit completes the picture. The pool is great and has the best active-lifeguards we have ever seen, although some reviewers comment that the pool, and lounger provision, is on the small side. It's easy to get out and about by using the hotel's three different free shuttle services (one goes to the golf hotel beach), the very cheap metro or equally cheap taxis. We haven't mentioned any of the staff by name in case we forget someone, but everyone at the hotel was extremely courteous and helpful and ALWAYS SMILING - and when they said "have a nice day/night" they really meant it. The hotel had been advised that it was our ruby wedding anniversary and placed celebration cakes in our room on arrival and our room attendant had placed the bath towels with one of our cards in the shape of two swans - and everyone who noticed the booking note congratulated us - a very nice touch. Much of the construction/roadwork around the hotel is connected with a new tramway which will enhance access to/from the hotel when completed in 2014. All in all, very happy with our stay at the Ocean View and would happily return if we went back to Dubai.

Room Tip: Choose a club sea view room with access to Coral lounge, and look at shuttle bus schedules - get bus...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ferrymanatnumber2
Otto K, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Ferrymanatnumber2,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish a belated “Happy Wedding Anniversary!” I was delighted to know that you decided to celebrate this special occasion with us following other traveler’s reviews, and overall you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Please allow me to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the room which you have kindly mentioned were clean and has a high standard of amenities available, the nice views of Palm, the complimentary shuttle bus service, the swimming pool, as well as the food served in Fogo Vivo and Le Rivage which you felt was amazing. I was also pleased to know that you enjoyed the half-board package which you opted for, and you had the opportunity to access our Coral Lounge. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property.

Your comments with regards to the service that you received from my team, whom you felt was extremely courteous, helpful and always smiling, were very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.