“Sensational”

Ranked #57 of 545 Hotels in Dubai
Melbourne, Australia
“Sensational”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I had a fantastic 3 night stay at the Ocean View Hotel. I was made to feel very special on arrival and was delighted to be upgraded and receive an amazingly late check out time(as I had a late night flight) . The room was just as it looked in the photos, fresh, modern and clean. The bed was awesome and fit for a princess! View from the balcony was stunning looking over the beach and The Palm. The swimming pool was refreshing, cool and crystal clean . Breakfast was great with more than enough choices. The fruit smoothie was delicious! Staff were super friendly and very attentive. I only wished I could have stayed longer. Will definitely stay here next time I'm in Dubai.

Room Tip: Based on other travelers recommendations I asked for a higher up room and was upgraded to the 25th f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Kathy B
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Kathy B,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel, the rooms which you found to be fresh, modern and clean, the views from the balcony which you have kindly mentioned was stunning, the breakfast that you enjoyed, as well as the swimming pool which you felt was refreshing, cool and crystal clean.

Your positive comments with regards to my team whom you felt were super friendly and very attentive, were very much appreciated. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (742)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. It's in a great location near the marina and on the beach. Had a great view of the beach, the palm (on a clear day) and also the hotel pool from our balcony and only a short walk to the beach. Great pool and bar area, with great views.
Heaps of restaurants and cafes along the street it's on, when you walk right out of the hotel along the beach. Great place to have dinner.
Taxi's are cheap to get to attractions - shopping malls etc.
Room was luxurious - big and clean. Great value hotel, would defiantly stay again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Karly_33
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Karly_33,

Please allow me to personally thank you for your positive comments about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was a great value for money and in a great location, the swimming pools, as well as the rooms which you found to be luxurious, big and clean.

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Came to celebrate my 60th Birthday; stayed for 10 days and thoroughly enjoyed every single minute of it (except for a dental emergency that the staff in the hotel sorted out with compassion and efficiency, well done to the in-house medic and the reception staff they were a Godsend. Every member of staff that we came into contact with were dedicated, professional and helpful - special mentions to Duminda, Chamila, Anna and Sam who all enriched our stay with their warmth and friendliness. The quality of the food was very good and the extent of the choices of cuisine was perfect for a cosmopolitan clientèle.

Room Tip: We stayed on 21st Floor and found the experience amazing - the view from the room was fantastic; alb...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear MavisB3105,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you had celebrated this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to the hotel, as well as the quality and selection of food which you have kindly mentioned was very good and perfect.

Your personal acknowledgements with regards to my team, whom you felt were dedicated, professional, helpful and friendly, were very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at the Ocean View. When we first arrived we were offered a fresh juice while we checked in which was a nice tough. The room was huge and had a view over the pool and sea, the bed was big enough to get lost in. Although there is a construction site next door (and it goes all night) it didn't have any impact on our stay - it was the quietest construction site I've ever seen! We stayed half board which was good value and meant no brain strain trying to find alternative places to eat outside the hotel. The food was fresh, varied and plentiful, the service from all staff was friendly, attentive and professional. We'll be saving our holidays up for a return trip to the Ocean View!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jane H
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Jane H,

It was lovely to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! It was also nice to read your kind words about the room which you have kindly mentioned were huge with a nice view over the pool and sea, the half board package that you enjoyed, as well as to the food which you felt was fresh and has a fabulous range.

Your comments with regards to the service that you received, as well as for your kind words about my team whom you felt were friendly, attentive and professional were very much appreciated. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

From the moment i walked in i was greeted with the very friendly staff. The gentleman at the front desk (sorry forgot his name) upgraded us to a higher floor. Everything with no exception from this point onwards can be summed in one word...perfection!

I can't comment about the breakfast buffet since our accomodation did not include a meal plan.

Other than that i have one comment for management, there's almost always a smell of food in the hotel's lobby. Hope u can find a way to fix it. However, it still won't affect the 5 star rating.

Keep it up!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank hlughod
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear hlughod,

I was pleased to read your review, as well as your positive comments with regards to your overall experience during your stay which you have kindly mentioned was perfect! I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team who looked after you, whom you felt were very friendly.

We value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and as such I have shared your comments with my management team.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2013

This hotel is lovely - lovely staff and as it's new it is very well maintained. The club lounge is one of the best I have been in - fantastic.
The Brazilian restaurant is great but go there hungry we were too full to finish all of the courses.
There is a shopping Mall being built outside the hotel - we didn't hear any construction noise we were on floor 23. The traffic on 'the walk' is dreadful after 5pm - absolutely dreadful

Room Tip: High floor away from the construction. The club room with lounge access was brilliant
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank claire_marshall34
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear claire_marshall34,

I was delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to the hotel which you have kindly mentioned were lovely and well maintained, as well as to my team whom you felt were lovely. I was also pleased to read that you had a chance to visit in our very own ‘Club Lounge’ and Fogo Vivo which you enjoyed.

It is with regret to have learnt that you had experienced traffic around the hotel’s vicinity, which was unfortunately beyond our control.

Amman, Jordan
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for more than a week and really enjoyed our time there. The accommodations are first rate. The staff at the Coral Lounge on the 24th floor were extremely helpful and friendly. They made our stay comfortable. Thank you Kristine, Madina, and Lillian for the great service and friendly early morning smiles.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alan R
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Alan R,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the Ocean View Hotel.

I was delighted to read that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I do appreciate your comments with regards to the accommodation which you have highly rated.

You have personally acknowledged members of my team who looked after you during your stay were very much appreciated, as well as to the service you received from our very own Coral Lounge which you have kindly mentioned were extremely helpful and friendly. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are passed on.