“Great with children and great hotel”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #58 of 546 Hotels in Dubai
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Great with children and great hotel”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We have just returned from NZ and did a two day stop over. When we arrived we were given a drink and nibbles. The staff were very friendly and service was always done with a smile and nothing was a problem. We were told that our room wasn't ready for 3 hours but as we have a child with special needs we said we would struggle for that length of time. Our room was ready in an hour. I can say that our time there was soo pleasant and they were great with our wee boy. Everyone made a fuss of him and made him feel right at home. We enjoyed our stay soo much we are going back for our anniversary in October! Also the rooms are very spacious and a huge double bed!! What a great time we had and close to all amenities too.

Room Tip: Will our room was lovely we were on the 18th floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sarah T
Dear Sarah T,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel.

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel and its amenities, the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were very spacious with a large double bed. I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very friendly and always smiling; I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (747)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Stayed one night and had a great time. Nice, large room, fabulous bathroom. Huge bed, exceptionally comfortable. Liked the modern, clean but not OTT design.

Chose the hotel for the location thinking we would go to lots of bars easily from there, however went to the hotel bar and the band 'lucky and the beats' were on and kept us there all night.

Only downside was no pork at breakfast, wasn't sure if this was a one off or new policy, but as we live in Kuwait this matters to us!

Friendly, efficient staff and overall good value.

1 Thank Lou332
Dear Lou332,

It was indeed a pleasure to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us. I was pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel’s accessible location which you enjoyed; the cleanliness, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were exceptionally comfortable with a huge bed and a fabulous bathroom.

I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your comments with regards to the food selection served during breakfast. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with my Management team for their review and to make any necessary changes. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced, and I can assure you that I take such feedback seriously, and I will personally be looking into the matter.

I do also appreciate your kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were friendly and efficient; I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Rugeley
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We have just returned from a weeks stay at the Ocean View Hotel. The standard of cleanliness in hotel is excellent. The bathroom is stocked with mini Elemis products which is a nice touch. We stayed in a standard room and I have to say that it was the biggest standard room we have stayed in. The staff are very attentive and helpful and even left a cake in the room for my partners birthday. The location of the hotel is great, just at the end of "The Walk" so there are shops and restaurants on your doorstep. As other reviewers have mentioned, there is a huge construction site which all rooms overlook and it is operational 24 hours a day. We were on 17th floor and to be honest, when the balcony doors are shut, the noise didn't bother us. Yes you can here it when you are on the balcony, but we quite enjoyed watching the goings on! The music from Girders bar is loud, but again, when the balcony door is shut, it isn't a problem. We had a view of The Palm and could see Atlantis from our balcony. We wouldn't hesitate staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor and away from Girders
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Katy D
Dear Katy D,

I was delighted to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel’s accessible location; the amenities, the cleanliness, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were spacious. I would also like to thank you for your praise for my team who looked after you during your stay with us whom you found to be helpful and very attentive. I will ensure to pass on your compliments with them.

I was sorry to hear of any noise disturbance you had experience in particular the Girders Bar due to the music was loud during your stay. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager for immediate attention and action in order to prevent similar reoccurrences.

Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned !!! Would love to return. Beautiful hotel, ALL the staff were excellent, The front house were amazing. Had a problem from the karama market and they sorted it for me straight away. Some construction all along The Walk but nothing to interfere with the wonderful time we had. Booked the meal cruse along the Creek from the desk. Thoroughly recommend it. Courtesy minibus from the hotel, wonderful meal and experience, chauffeur car return.
Dinning staff can't do enough. All the staff greet you with a smile and "is everything alright", how's your stay?

Room Tip: the higher the better
3 Thank Wayne K
Dear Wayne K,

I was delighted to read your review, and I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel and to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, which you have kindly mentioned were always smiling, amazing and excellent. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them. ! It was also lovely to read that you had an opportunity to dine at one of our restaurants, Bateaux Dubai, which you enjoyed.

I was sorry to hear of any noise disturbance you had experienced due to the construction projects around the hotel’s vicinity, which was unfortunately beyond our control.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed at the Ocean View hotel for 7 nights in April. We had an extremely pleasant check-in, we got located on the 15th floor and had a distant view of the Atlantis and of course, lots of construction, which we were aware of before booking.

The room itself was lovely and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was average, we were surprised at how poor the shower was in a brand new hotel. We made daily use of the balcony, it was peaceful, especially at night when the working site cannot be seen as obviously!

There were some glitches which really diluted our holiday experience. Ocean View has a bunch of really helpful, pleasant staff but unfortunately, a select few really let the team down. We had some unpleasant encounters with the staff on reception, one issue regarding room and one issue surrounding the shuttle service to Atlantis, which can be found in their experience book but they seemed to have cancelled! Another problem was had with concierge, we booked an excursion at night and got told to come back in the morning for confirmation. We returned in the morning to find that no one had a clue about our booking, so we spent 30 minutes sorting that out and had to skip breakfast as we had a bus to catch! Lastly, avoid the Brazilian restaurant at all costs, poor service!

Good points:
La Rivage - best service, staff and food. Strongly recommend going half board just for this!
Shuttle to Jebel Ali, beautiful resort
Location, little bit further on the walk then preferred but good selection of shops and eateries
Girders - as football fans, we loved this pub and staff
Housekeeping - very efficient

Bad points:
Shower
Some staff
Brazilian restaurant
Small pool area and limited spots to sunbathe
Overpriced spa

Overall, would not return as I would like to stay closer to Jumeirah beach. Also, strongly recommend to avoid this hotel if you don't like loud noises, as the construction work is quite extensive and the workers don't take a break! Will be nicer when it's over.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better
3 Thank mintcream
Dear mintcream,

I was delighted to read your review, and I was happy to read your positive comment about the hotel, the rooms which you felt was comfortable. It was also lovely to read that you had the chance to visit our sister property in Jebel Ali Beach Hotel, and our very own Le Rivage and Girders Bar which you enjoyed..

As a newly opened hotel, we value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to detail your positive and constructive comments. Your welcomed feedback has been shared with my management team for their review, and to make any necessary changes. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

Please also allow me to personally thank you for your positive words with regards to my team whom you felt went out of their way to help and accommodate your requests, as well as treating guests as individuals, and caring about their well-being; however, I have noted you unfortunate experience, where by you found some of our Associates did not display good customer service skills. Please rest assured that emphasis is given to training in hospitality and customer service, as we strive to maintain our tradition of providing exceptional service to our guests, and your welcomed feedback has been shared with our Front Office Manager for immediate attention and action.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Ocean View Hotel in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay - staff are excellent and very helpful.
They let us check- in early which we really appreciated after a long flight and the room was great with a balcony overlooking sea view.
Club Lounge was closed for repairs during our stay , and we were offered more than suitable alternatives.

A lovely Birthday cake was delivered to the room and a hand-written note to wish me Happy Birthday such a nice gesture.

Staff really helpful and always so polite.

Only negatives for a large hotel sometimes we couldn't get a sun lounger by the pool and the beach isn't brilliant.

On the whole great value and would definitely return

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Kevin L
Dear Kevin L,

I would like to take this opportunity to wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” I was delighted to know that you decided to celebrate this special occasion with us, and overall had an enjoyable stay.

I was pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel, the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were great with nice views. I would also like to thank you for your kind words with regards to my team whom you felt were very helpful, polite and excellent. I will ensure to pass on these compliments to my team.

I have further noted your comments with regards to the sun lounger’s availability at the pool deck area. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have experienced, and please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with our Leisure and Recreation Manager for immediate attention and action in order to prevent similar reoccurrences.

Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My family and I have spent 3 fabulous nights in Dubai from the 29 March to the 1 April 2013. We stayed at the Ocean View Hotel which is on the Walk at the Jumeirah Beach Residence. On arrival we were greeted with welcoming drinks. The staff at the front desk ensured that we were able to book in early as we were exhausted after our 8 hour flight from South Africa. We had requested inter-leading rooms and the staff ensured that this request was met even though the hotel was fully booked.

Rooms. We were allocated rooms 1812 and 1813. These rooms were spacious, clean and had a great view of the ocean as well as the pool. There were bath robes and slippers for us to use and there was also tea and coffee making facilities. The room also had a flat screen TV with a few English Channels.

Service: The service was excellent. The staff went out of their way to ensure we were comfortable.

Breakfast: The breakfast buffet was excellent and had a wide variety of foods to cater for all tastes. The service was good. A special thanks to Ingrid.

The Pool and Beach: We really enjoyed swimming in the heated pool, which was well maintained. We were happy to see that there was a life guard on duty until 7pm especially for the children. The beach is a few minutes walk from the hotel and was clean. We would advise that you make use of the complementary shuttle to the hotel’s sister resort in Jebal Ali. .

We made use of the hotels free shuttle to the Mall of the Emirates. It saved us having to take a taxi there and it also saved us from standing in a queue waiting for a taxi to return to the hotel. The hotel is centrally situated and is within walking distance of restaurants on the Walk. There is also a small supermarket just behind the hotel that stocks everything from soft drinks to sunscreen.

The Ocean View will definitely be our hotel of choice for our next visit to Dubai. A special thanks to the manager and staff, for making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 10th floor
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Hooda5
Dear Hooda5,

I was extremely pleased to know that you felt our newly opened hotel surpassed your high expectations, and I was happy that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! Please allow me to personally thank you for your kind words about the hotel and its facilities, the complimentary shuttle service, the pool, the views, as well as the rooms which you have kindly mentioned were spacious and clean, the breakfast which you enjoyed the food selection and the service which you felt were excellent. It was also lovely to read that you had an opportunity to visit our sister property in Jebel Ali Beach Hotel which you enjoyed.

I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you felt were great at their work, as well as the welcoming service that was received. I will ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.