“Great Hotel”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #63 of 563 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Just back from 6 nights at the Ocean View and was very impressed with the hotel facilities but in particular the friendliness of the staff. Without exception they were all helpful, courteous and nothing was too much trouble. Prady who welcomed us on arrival after an overnight flight and immediately offered us breakfast and came out at 5am on the morning we left to thank us and wish us a good journey home deserves special mention. The reviews generally say that the pool is in shade most of the day and I would say to anyone thinking of going that this is an exaggeration. The sun moves round between the surrounding tall buildings and shadows are cast for varying periods but to be honest the times when you are in shade are a welcome relief from the fierce sun and is probably a much healthier way to sunbathe anyway! The noise from the building site and the cars outside did not really bother us and although we were only 8 floors up we weren't aware of it at night at all. Room was superb and the free bottles of water provided twice daily was a really nice touch. Breakfast offers a vast array of food choices and was delicious. The snack menu at the pool deck was lovely and reasonably priced.

I was visiting Dubai to see my son who was playing in a band in a hotel in Bur Dubai. He spent time with us at the Ocean View and he was so impressed he wished that his band could play there instead. Ocean View take note if you are looking for a resident band Blind Vinyl is the band to book!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (5,357)

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here upon my arrival in Dubai, so I arrived after midnight, and just for the one night. Room was very nicely decorated, and had a nice bathroom and good amenities.

I was tired but could not obtain a late check out, even though I almost begged for one. It's fairly rare that a hotel won't give me a late checkout, but I was unlucky a this one, even though they could see ow late I had checked it.

Late morning there was no hot water to wash my hair, which I found very inconvenient to say the least. The hotel apologized and told me they had been having a couple of issues with that. Anyway, it happens.

I did not get the chance to either visit the gym or the pool.

The hotel is in a great location, right on the JBR walk.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Anuata
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Dear Anuata,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel.

It was nice to read your review, and your positive comments about the hotel’s ambience and available amenities and facilities.

As a newly opened hotel, we value all guest feedback which allows us to continually improve our services across the hotel, and I have noted your comments regarding having a late checkout. We do always strive to make this facility available to our guests on request; however this is always subject to availability. I would like to apologise if on this occasion we were unable to extend this facility to you.

I have further noted your comments with regards to the hot water in your accomodation. I would like to extend my sincere apologies for any inconvenience or discomfort you may have expereinced, and please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with our Chief Engineer for immediate attention and action in order to prevent similar reoccurances.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and myself have just returned from a weeks stay at the Ocean View. We were initially concerned after reading previous reviews about nighttime noise levels from building work. In fact we packed earplugs. The reality however was that there were absolutely no disturbances at night at all and our stay there was nothing short of superb.
We tried all of the restaurants including the sister restaurant the thyme. The quality and choice in each was to a very high standard. Room service was great and always had anything we used topped up daily. The Girders bar had a nice atmosphere and had a band playing live some nights. Even on a Tuesday ladies can drink completely free which helped our bar bill significantly. The hotel provides free of charge a beach kit (towels, large mat and parasol) so for most of the time we used the public beach which we fond clean and always plenty of room. The best part that there is a Starbucks next to the hotel so you could walk there from the beach and bring it back to the beach with you.
We booked some trips and some travel with Gulf adventures but would not use them again as they were 1 hour late for a safari trip and didn't turn up for our return airport transfer (although they did offer to pay for the taxi which we had to get)

We are looking at returning to the same hotel next year.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Markthetravel
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Markthetravel,

It was lovely to read that you had a fantastic stay, and I was happy to know that we overcame your concerns prior staying with us.

I do appreciate your kind words with regards to the hotel’s accessible location, our Housekeeping service, as well as to our very own Girders and our sister property’s Thyme restaurant which you enjoyed.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were a bit skeptical about booking because there were not as many reviews and the hotel is new. The location is awesome and it's much less than other hotels in the area and just as nice if not nicer. Its clean and modern, the rooms are comfortable, the pool is great, the food is awesome and the service is excellent. We were on the last 5 days of our honeymoon after traveling to the Maldives and wanted to check out the city before the long flight back to the US and this was just the place to do it. We could walk to great shopping and dining, and to the beach. There is also a shuttle to their sister hotel with a great beach. We had spent two weeks on the beach in the maldives so we mostly searched out cool stuff to do in Dubai and the concierge made it very easy to go on trips and tours. Do not miss the tour with Dune bashing, camel rides, and traditional dancing and meal in the desert. Also the Wild Wadi Water Park was ah-,maze-balls!

Room Tip: Ocean view!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank KaraBTravlin

Dear KaraBTravlin,

It was great to read your review, in particular about your first impressions of the hotel. You have kindly mentioned that the location was excellent, clean and modern, as well as the rooms being comfortable, having in your words ‘awesome food’ and excellent service!

I was also pleased to know that you had a chance to visit our sister properly, as well as to the tourist attractions and activities here in Dubai which you enjoyed.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I have recently returned from a weeks holiday in Dubai staying at the Ocean View on a half board basis. We were given a room on the 21st floor which was absolutely perfect and gave us a great view of the Palm and The Atlantis hotel. From check in to departure everything was first class. The hotel and rooms are spotless and without exception the staff were all helpful. We took advantage of the free shuttle to the Jebel Ali hotel most days and just chilled out by the pool. The buffet breakfast at the Ocean View was great and we ate at the Brazilian restaurant on a couple of occasions and we loved it. I must say that my wife and myself are not easily impressed but we couldn't fault the Ocean View at all, everything about our stay there was first class and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank r55sel

Dear r55sel,

It was very nice to read your positive comment about your stay with us, which you found to be first class, from your arrival to your departure experience! I would like to thank you for your kind words with regards to the hotel and rooms which you have kindly mentioned were spotless, as well as to my team whom you felt were all helpful.

I was delighted to read that you had a chance to visit our sister property via our complimentary shuttle service. I was also happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, as well as our very own ‘Fogo Vivo’.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just wanting to say thank you to the staff at this hotel for making our stay pleasant. The Coral Lounge is a must if you like High Tea - special thanks to Angel Molina & colleague Wylly Perez! Camel riding, shopping and a visit to the Brazillian Restaurant in the hotel are also a must while in Dubai! I would definitely recommend this hotel & for anybody thinking about going to Dubai to make the trip.

Room Tip: A sea view room is pleasant
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Caroline H
Marc V, Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Caroline H,

I was pleased to read your positive comments about the hotel. It was also lovely to read that you had an opportunity to visit and dine in our very own ‘Coral Lounge’ and ‘Fogo Vivo’ which you enjoyed. I do also appreciate your personal acknowledgement to my team which you have kindly mentioned made your stay pleasant. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We spent three nights at this new wonderful hotel on our way to Australia. We arrived on a late night flight and were met with great welcome from the reception manager.We stayed in a large Sea View bedroom on one of the upper floors and enjoyed the view over the swimming pool. There was a construction site opposite however no noise was heard in the hotel. We were very pleased with this hotel and would feel that it is very good value for money. Our visit included half board daily as a special offer on Bed & Breakfast rate. Thanks to all the very helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Colette022

Dear Colette022,

I was delighted to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! It was nice to read your kind words about the hotel which you have kindly mentioned was wonderful and was very good value for money.

I would also like to thank you for your positive comments about my team whom you felt were very helpful. I will definitely ensure that these compliments are shared with them.