“Perfect in every way”

JA Ocean View Hotel
Ranked #65 of 554 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Having just returned from Dubai for a nice relaxing way to start the year, I cannot say thank you enough to the team at the Ocean View Hotel.

From check in, to be greeted with a refreshing drink and canapes after a 7 hour flight from the UK was just the start I wanted. This hotel only just opened before Christmas and was expection the normal teething problems, but there were none. The team were professional from Reception all the way through to Housekeepers and nothing was too much trouble.

I am hoping to visit again later this year and will be sure to stay with you again, thank you and I wish you a very successful 2013.

Room Tip: upgrade yourself to a Junior Suite
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank theadmiral46
wpchf, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear theadmiral46,

Thank you for your sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at the recently opened Ocean View Hotel.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I am delighted to hear your positive comments with regards to my team who looked after you during your stay with us, whom you found to be professional and that nothing was too much trouble! I will definitely ensure that your kind appreciation and compliments are shared with them.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the near future.

William Harley-Fleming

There are newer reviews for JA Ocean View Hotel

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Have just returned from a week's stay at the Ocean View,we were slightly worried about booking a 4 star hotel in the midst of all the 5* plus hotels in Dubai,but we needn't have worried,it was a 5* experience all the way.The staff in particular were so lovely,they couldn't do enough for us and were always so friendly and helpful.We upgraded to a one bedroom suite as we had our daughter with us,well worth doing as you also get access to the club lounge on the 24th floor-we had breakfast in there each morning,they provided complimentary refreshments during the day including afternoon tea complete with scones and clotted cream.They also had Happy hour from 6p.m-8p.m serving complimentary drinks (wine/beer/spirits) and canapes.We were on half board and really didn't need to eat or drink out at all if we didn't want to.It was our daughter's birthday whilst we were there and we arrived back to our room to find a cake and she was given a glass of champagne that evening in the bar-it was such a nice personal touch.We enjoyed using the facilities at the sister hotel (Jebel Ali) which has a fantastic private beach and several pools,there is a free shuttle service,but we chose to use a taxi instead as taxis in Dubai are very cheap,however we were pleasantly surprised by the public beach opposite the hotel.The hotel pool is nice,but quite shady,which will be great when it gets hotter.The hotel decor is contemporary and our bathroom was huge and luxurious with Elemis products in abundance!The restaurant seemed to have some teething problems with reservations,but food was great and top quality.Location was perfect-just at the end of 'The Walk' so lots of shops/restaurants and hotels nearby ( We enjoyed the bar at the Amwaj Rotana across the road from Ocean View.) Just can't fault this hotel-fantastic value for money and if you are a family of 4 (if the kids are under 16) then the one bedroom suite is a great option-highly recommend and we will be returning,thank you so much to all the staff who really make the hotel!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a club room or suite ( especially if you are a family) and enjoy the perks of the Coral l...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
12  Thank Whitehouseq
wpchf, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear girlsontourLondon,

I was very pleased to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay with us! I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the hotel in particular the decoration, location, value for money, facilities and amenities.

I do also appreciate your positive comments with regards to my team, whom you felt were so lovely, always friendly and helpful. I will personally ensure that these compliments are passed on to them.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to personally welcome you back to Ocean View Hotel in the near future, and once again thank you for taking the time to detail your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

Stayed in the Ocean View Hotel on the 15th Jan for 4 nights for my 40th Birthday, I have stayed in many hotels and this is by far the nicest hotel with great location!!, staff are friendly and attentive, rooms are spacious and immaculately kept. food was lovely and catered for every nationality. We had a free room upgrade and also upgraded to half board!, My birthday here was the best present ever, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Dubai. Dubai is clean and the best city ever, a shoppers paradise, visit the Burj Khalkifa and the fountains they are a must!! A massive thank you to Ocean View Hotel and staff for a memorable stay, will defo be back there soon Mr & Mrs C Thomas

Room Tip: All rooms are sea view, we stayed on the 20th Floor,
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
16  Thank Ner2505
wpchf, General Manager at JA Ocean View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Ner2505,

Firstly, I would like to wish you a belated “Happy Birthday!” Being a newly opened hotel, I was very pleased to read that you consider us to be by far the nicest hotel of the many hotels that you have stayed in. I would like to personally thank you for your kind words regarding the spaciousness and cleanliness of the rooms, as well as the menu selection and variety.

I will also definitely ensure to pass on your compliments to my team whom you felt were friendly, attentive and have made your stay memorable one.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor, and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Ocean View Hotel in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and i were delighted, when were arrived at the Ocean View hotel, that the pictures did actually for once, reflect reality! We loved the funky decor vibe, very light and airy with white sofa's, lime greens and blues - beautiful. Our room had a lovely Sea view, not the usual side on view and was spotless. We've been going to Dubai for 10 years and stayed in hotels like One and Only, Jumeirah Beach, Sofitel etc., but have never had lobster or oysters on any buffet menu - Le Rivage was superb. We also went up to Whistlers on the 25th floor which is a delight for wine, cheese and cigars lovers. All the staff were very warm and welcoming - with nothing too much trouble during our 12 night stay. They were helpful when we were looking for places to go to and interested in our exploits when we got back and the beach at Jebel Ali was beautiful and well worth the trip. On New Year's Eve we joined everyone on the deck for the mulled wine and the fantastic Dubai fireworks. Lastly their 'Scottish' sports bar, Girders was great with fun staff. It is very relaxed with great gastro pub grub - fish, chips and mushy peas - YUM. From start to finish a joy - GO!

Room Tip: As far as we could see, all the rooms were great with no noise disturbance. Light, airy, clean, gre...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
18  Thank Teri S

Dear Teri S,

It was lovely to read your review, and I am happy to know that you and your husband were delighted to see that the hotel was up to your expectations from the photos that you saw prior to arrival. I was pleased to read your positive comments about the decorations and ambience of the hotel, the cleanliness of the room and the view, as well as to my team whom you felt was very warm, welcoming and helpful.

I was delighted to know that you had a chance to visit some of our restaurants Le Rivage, The Whistler and Girders, which you have thoroughly enjoyed.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here from 27dec 2012 to 31st dec 2012 on business.
first impressions were that it was a very clean very modern hotel with clean flowing lines and staircase.
my stay was for bed and brakfast which was taken in the downstairs restaurant there was a plentiful supply of food including proper pork bacon and sausages(a big plus for dubai).
my room was large bright and clean with elemsis products given free in the bathroom.
Although there is a large public beach on your doorstep the hotel (with 1 days notice) will provide a free shuttle bus and free use of their sister resort hotel "the Jebel Ali" which has numerous pools with swim up bars and it's own private beach.
The bar at the ocean view hotel is called "Girders" and it has a great happy hour that serves pints of draught "PERONI" at just 16 dirhams, yes thats right 16 DIRHAMS!! any one who knows Dubai will tell you that is a seriously good price and the happy hour runs from 4.00pm to 8.00 pm which is pretty good length and there are also other drinks that are even cheaper, this bar will become an insitution on the walk where drinks in other hotels are about 35 DIRHAMS.
The hotel is in a fantastic location and is ideal for business or pleasure use i can heartely recommend this hotel and although it states it is only 4 star ,it is nothing of the sort as it provided 5 star services and accomodation.
hope this helps.

Room Tip: always ask about upgrade to club room if less than 300 dirhams a night it is worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
21  Thank tonymacworcester

Dear tonymacworcester,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us, and it was a pleasure to read your feedback. I was happy to read your very positive comments in relation to your first impressions of the hotel, which you found to be very modern in design.

As a newly opened hotel, we value all feedback which is welcomed so that we can improve and make any necessary changes in these early stages. It was great to read that you enjoyed Girders our pub in particular the happy hour, and that you feel we cater for both business and leisure guests.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We booked our Dubai holiday last minute from DialAFlight and were offered a hotel that no-one seemed to have heard of or stayed at. Internet research revealed that the hotel had only just been built and completed, and was opening its doors to the first batch of guests on 22nd Dec 2012- hence we were obviously a bit apprehensive as we were due to check-in on the 24th Dec as one of the first guests. This was either going to go very well – or very badly!

On arrival at the hotel we were greeted with smiles and hellos by all the staff, accompanied by a very welcome soft drink and snacks for us weary travelers. We had requested an early check-in, and the reception desk was extremely efficient and helpful in checking us in as swiftly as possible. As we were the first few visitors to the hotel they kindly upgraded us from a Superior Sea View Room to a Club Room on the 23rd floor – which was clean, roomy and bright, with a wonderful view of the Palm Jumeirah and The Atlantis shimmering in the distance. The Club room also gave us access to the Executive Lounge on the 24th floor, where complimentary food and refreshments were available throughout the day. The hotel had Gym and Spa facilities which we did not try (although they looked very good), but the kids loved the heated pool on the 3rd floor and used it regularly (beach kits were also offered to guests staying at the hotel).

Breakfast in the Le Rivage restaurant comprised of a variety of foods to cater to all tastes, from Arabian breakfasts to a good old English fry-up, Le Rivage had it all. We even tried lunch (also available there) one afternoon, which was absolutely amazing, with so many different food stations; it was a real food lover’s paradise.

The hotel itself is in an ideal location, at the end of the ‘The Walk’ in the Jumeirah Beach Residence (JBR) area not far from the Dubai Marina. It was serviced many times throughout the day by complimentary hotel shuttles to all the major malls, and other tourist locations, as well as a shuttle to their sister resort (Jabel Ali Golf Resort) where you could use their private beach. Ocean View it-self has access to the public beach, only 5 mins walk away. We had not booked half-board at the hotel, but in some ways were glad we didn’t, as we found most of the major restaurants had branches along ‘The Walk’, so no matter what type of food we were after, we could just amble down The Walk and take our pick.

The closest Metro Station (Jumeirah Lake Towers) is only 10 mins walk away along the Sheikh Zahid Road, which connects the hotel to most of the major Malls and tourist spots, and Dubai Marina is also only 10 mins walk from the hotel.

The staff at the hotel were a delight to talk to, and always helpful and attentive, especially Mr Ali, the concierge, Ingrid in the restaurant, Sayed and Angel in the Coral Lounge, Hashim on the Experience desk, and most importantly, the overall boss and man-in-charge Mr. William Harley-Fleming, who was always available in the foyer for a chat with guests All this led to a delightful, stress-free holiday which unfortunately was over much too quickly and we were very sad to leave having met some wonderful people that made the experience so much better.

Room Tip: Club room gives access to Executive Lounge serving breakfast, complimentary cakes and sandwiches bet...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
21  Thank farandzar

Dear farandzar,

I was pleased to read that we overcame your apprehensions about staying with us being a recently opened hotel. I do appreciate your positive comments with regards to your arrival experience, as well as to your room, the view, hotel’s location, facilities and amenities available in the hotel.

I was pleased to hear that you had the chance to dine in one of our restaurants, Le Rivage, which you have kindly mentioned that the food served during breakfast, offered a great selection to cater all tastes.

It was also very nice to read that you felt we personally acknowledged you as one of our first guests to stay with us, which I would like to personally thank you for highlighting. I will ensure to pass on your compliments with regards to my team whom you felt were a delight to talk to, always helpful and very attentive.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The ocean view hotel is a brand new hotel, opened on 23rd December 2012. We checked in the early morning of 24th December. Checking in was smooth & easy, serving us with a nice cool drink before going to our room. The rooms were a nice size over looking the sea. The breakfast also was very good, a vast selection of starters and a full cooked breakfast was served, waiters serving you to a excellent 5 star standard.We had dinner on Christmas night at the hotels restaurant the food was great, we had fresh grilled platter with all the Christmas trimmings.The concierge staff were always there to help and kept us in touch of what new was happening in the hotel and around the area for the Christmas celebrations. Mr Ali, was like our personal assistant, he was very attentive and served very well, also the front house Manager Elena, whom looked after us on our stay at the hotel, Elena made our say even more special by allowing us to go up to the Coral lounge on the 24th floor, the view was great, as well as the service. We met another member of staff by the name of Angel, he was a real angel, he served us with such passion, and dedication, he really enjoyed his job, there was nothing to hard for the entire team to do for us. We will definitely recommend this hotel for a lovely vacation choose the Ocean view hotel Dubai. The hotel also offers a complimentary bus service, several times a day, to various locations, to the Dubai Mall, Mall of the Emirates, also they pick you back up all free of cost. This service saves you a lot of money. The bus also takes you to a sister hotel Jebi Ali beach & spa resort. On departure it felt quite sad, as my daughter did not want to leave. The entire staff was very nice and made our entire stay at the Ocean View Dubai a very memorable one.Thank you to the entire team.

Paul & Karen.

Room Tip: The coral lounge is on the 24th floor, where you get some great snacks and drinks throughout the d...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
17  Thank karen19Uk

Dear Paul and Karen,

I was delighted read your review, and I am happy to know that your arrival experience was smooth and easy. As a newly opened hotel, I do also appreciate your kind words of recommendation to other travelers, as a great choice for a lovely vacation.
I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the hotel rooms, as well as to the food served during breakfast which you felt offered a wide selection.

Your personal acknowledgement with regards to my team who looked after you has been shared with them, and I was so happy to read that it made your stay a memorable one.