“My choice hotel in Dubai for many reasons :)”

Le Meridien Fairway
Ranked #247 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Well been 2 years since i stayed at the fairways , due to reason beyond my control but had the chance to go back and glad i did .

Having been going to Dubai for 14 years and yes stayed in some of the best hotels and not so good in that time , now i look at the overall package and value and customer service ( that my trade back in the UK ) .

You have Old Dubai , New Dubai , Palm Dubai , Marina Dubai to stay in and for me i like being in the older Dubai and with the Metro all other parts can be reached .

Some of you would want a beach hotel ( more of that later ), some would want a city hotel and what you get here is the best of both worlds and only 3 stories high so no long wait for lifts here either .

No hotel is perfect and this does not claim to be 5 star or have brillant views of famous sites of Dubai , but has a warm friendly charm about it from the welcome as its a smal hotel you not just a number here but a family guest .

I can remember some of the staff from my last visit and that tells you something about the place , lots of smiles and a very open Managerment with concerns for there clients .

5 Reason's i stay here

1 It offers value for money , its clean tidy and the rooms are nice size and lovely bed and lets be honest do you really pay £300 a night to stay in your hotel room in Dubai - umm NO to much to see and do and its dark by 6pm

2 Use of the nearby Le Meridian Dubai by the airport of its pools , as the fairways pool is small in the shade sadly about the only downside

3 The staff who will go that extra mile and its a small hotel so they make sure things are right , if not do something about it as your not a number here remember

4 Location only 5 -10 mins from the Airport in a business area across the road from the Creek golf club, with a metro station just a few mintues walk and 1 stop from the Deria shopping mall and with a range of local shops and eating places ie Irish Village , chills within walking distance

5 Via Le Meridian Dubai you can use the beach at The Royal Meridian on non weekend days for a small fee compared to staying there - value for money agian folks .

Ok check in at 7 am after an over night flight smooth and easy and yes they had a room free , so unload my bags and noticed a small pool of water in the bathroom and mopped it up .

I came back 3 hours later and the pool by the bath was back , quick visit to recpection and i had head of Housekeeping on the case in minutes and was told change of room needed .

This was done and even helped moved my unpacked cloths to the next floor , same standard of room and i also had a mobile phone issue and the staff to the resuce allow me to confirm my phone was at fault not the sim card .

After 3rd visit to the shopping ctr to get it sorted , it almost became a running joke as i walked back in do you have a mobile that works yet was the cry from the staff :) .

Later that day i was in reception and a gentleman asked if everything was ok with my room now , i said yes fully sorted and had to ask who he was only the Manager , no name badge here mixing in with the customers making sure its right .

Now if you get to meet Joseph Marconi you will see why his staff respect him and are long term at his hotel , very open to hearing customer's view .

Sadly can't comment on Breakfast my shedule had me out the hotel very early or back very late and on the last day offered a later check out as my flight was early hours .

If want a more personal touch this is the place , just treat the staff how you liked to be treated and its like being at home nothing is to much of a problem .

Hotel shuttle back to the airport on time and a wave from the night staff as i left , a great bunch of people to deal with :)

So to sum up - Value for money - location - practical and great customer service win win in my books

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We apologize for the inconveniences during your stay however are glad that overall you had a good experience. Thank you once again for appreciating the services in the hotel and for your generous comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Service is always excellent,everytime we visit the hotel staff always recognize and welcome our guests.very friendly and proactive staff at front desk and at the room service,besides hotel is very located in the heart of the city,metro station is just about minutes walk from the hotel,free shuttle service to city centre and to their sister hotel near the airport to use all the facilities there.Good value for money,will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you once again for appreciating the standard of services in the hotel and for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

I loved it, i was met at the airport by their driver after a long haul flight which was very late in, I arrived at 7am so they drove me to their sister hotel so I could have a swim in their pool while my room was being cleaned, when i returned they had upgraded me to a suite which was stunning. I used room service, the food came promptly and was good. The return to the airport was once again at an inconvenient hour but was driven back in style, would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel during 5 days in December. Very kind staff at reception. The room was very nice and quiet, eventhough the airport is very close by. At our arrival there was a dish with some fruit and everyday we had 2 bottles of mineral water waiting for us at our return. The minnibar is full of things, we did not consume any but used it for storing some juice and water of our own. We did not use the pool but there was always someone cleaning it and seemed nice. We rented a car and despite the very little parking space for the hotel there was always somewhere to park or had the valet park it for us. No problem with that. Wi-fi paid and expensive! Very good location, a couple of blocks from a metro station. A few restaurants at walking distance, including a Chili's. Good hotel for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The excellent service they provided me and my family during our stay from the 26th of December 2013 to the 3rd of January 2014 in this small but truly quality Hotel and the ability to verify any problem and to get to the bottom of the situation quickly exceeded my expectations.

Such a commitment and professionalism to great hotel service from everyone working in the hotel is to be commended.

Ahmed El Shiati

Room Tip: the one bedroom suites are large and comfortable
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
LeMeridienDubai, Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Mr. Ahmed,

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I have a great stay in the hotel and i experienced an excellent personalized service of the staff and hotel manager, Mr. Joseph Marconi. I would love to visit and stay again in the hotel to experienced again the warm and welcoming enviroment of the place.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I booked this hotel for my family and they experienced the most outstanding and personlized service from hotel manager Mr. Joseph Marconi. The hotel and staff surround the guests with a very warm and welcoming atmosphere and they do their very best to accomodate requests and requirements. I will definitely consider booking this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family