“Not bad”

Le Meridien Fairway
Ranked #246 of 561 Hotels in Dubai
Reviewed May 31, 2013

This hotel is good value for money. It is close to the airport and accessible by the monorail, thus avoiding the scorn of airport taxi drivers who turn their noses up, understandably, when after waiting for a long time only to find out the fare is a couple of blocks away. The same monorail takes you to the Dubai Mall etc, so it is well positioned. The hotel itself has very friendly, attentive and efficient staff. The hotel facilities are good albeit a little tired. All in all a very good hotel for transiting travelers, particularly given its proximity to the airport, its value and its accessibility to the excellent monorail system, which is cheap and a great way to get around in Dubai.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on our hotel through Tripadvisor. We are happy to learn that we were able to make your stay memorable by providing you the positive experience we endeavor to give to all our valued guests.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I recommend it only for a short stay if u're not going to stay much in your room. View from my room was very bad, pool needs a lot of renovation and not enough hot water for three pax to shower, the breakfast is not included in the price, they blocked money from my credit although I paid the total price before arriving and upon check out I asked them to refund the money, he told me that they only blocked it and did not withdraw anything although I told them that my bank sent me a msg that the money was withdrawn, I had to leave coz I had a flight and asked them to send me an email to confirm that they did not withdraw the money but I did not receive anything till now...

• Stayed: May 2013
LeMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to learn that your stay was not up to your expectations and that you were particularly disappointed with the facilities at the hotel.
Please be assured that your feedback has been shared with the department heads.

I do hope that your travel plans will bring you back to Dubai again soon and while I can empathize with your disappointment and can understand your hesitation to stay with us again, I do hope that you will give our hotel another try and contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com for your next reservation in order for me to personally look after your arrangements and ensure that you will have a satisfactory and enjoyable stay with us.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Le Méridien Fairway in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was my 3rd Stay at the Meridien Fairway and as usual everything was perfect. The standards of service simply cant be beaten, and this is backed up by attentive staff, extremely clean and comfortable rooms and lovely relaxing pool area and bar area.

The hotel may not have the glitz and glamour of downtown dubai beach hotels but its conveniently situated next to the airport and metro station. Meridien Fairway offers excellent value for money and there are plenty of lovely restaurants nearby. There is also a regular courtesy bus to Le Meridien Duabir [airport hotel] where you will find 14 different restaurants, three pools and other services, all of which are available to use by Fairway guests.

It is in my opinion a gem of a hotel, run superbly by Mr Joseph Marconi, Hotel Manager. He really knows what customer service means and ensures his staff are well trained to ensure each guests visit is as good as possible.

I will continue to use this hotel regularly as I cant think of anywhere else in Dubai I would want to stay. I've tried the expensive downtown hotels in the past, paid accordingly and received terrible service, so I cant recommend this little bijou hotel enough.

Room Tip: There are no "bad " rooms as such, all are clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
LeMeridienDubai, General Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Excellent for a short stay, close to everywhere in Dubai and 5 min from the airport parking is not a problem manager is one of the best persons to know and the same goes with all the staff
Always the staff are

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were on a layover and had a day/night to spend in Dubai. This hotel is nice to stay with a child because the pool is great, the rooms are big enough to share with a family, and we could easily walk to the subway station.
BUT none of this would have been as easy if the staff didn't let us check in early (our flight landed at 8am) and directed us/ gave us some tourist tips. they were great!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
LeMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I had just written a review on the Media Rotana and now I feel like I need to increase their score.

I had went to book online and the price was $67 on the travel sites. I waited 10 minutes to book due to an issue at the airport and the price doubled. I called the hotel to see if they would match the online price... nope.

I was so sick of trying to use the calling card to book rooms that I grabbed a cab and headed over.

If you are at the airport and are bumped it's not a bad place. If you're staying in Dubai I wouldn't recommend it long term. But yeah- if you're traveling on a budget it's not bad at all.

The staff really does try to be accommodating and can be very nice but at the same time I feel like they are trying to nickle and dime me to death. I wasn't aware that the breakfast wasn't included, until I had to sign a receipt. The price was good- but I would have like to have known that up front.

The hotel look like a mixture of props from the movie, "Titanic" with a sprinkle of 80's flare... but the rooms aren't bad, although upon arrival the entire 3rd floor and my room had a particular odor that was not agreeable. It hasn't quite went away, but I travel with sheet spray and just sprayed the room up a bit. The carpets had just been cleaned- so it was most likely years of stink drying up.

Not horrible by any means... but my stay at Media Rotana was the same price and it was a five-star hotel. Obviously farther from the airport, but in a much better location to get to things.

I would stay here again if I were bumped on a flight or something- but I wouldn't chose this place long term.
OH- my bed had great pillows- I'll give em that!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed review on TripAdvisor.

We are sorry to read from your review that you were disappointed with your recent stay with us at Le Méridien Fairway and do apologize that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Please be assured that your valuable comments are positively taken on board and have been addressed to the concerned managers for necessary and corrective action to be taken. We would however very much appreciate the opportunity to speak to you personally and would therefore kindly request you to contact us directly on wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.

Thank you once again for taking the time to write your review and we look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

I booked a room here because the price was excellent and my flight arrived into DXB around 8:30 PM. I just wanted a crash pad but didn't want to waste a lot of money on a room at a really nice hotel.

I knew I wouldn't get any of my SPG benefits or points (though I don't understand how you can be part of a hotel chain and just choose not to participate in their loyalty program).

I paid extra for an 'executive' room which included evening snacks and drinks (except that I arrived to late and wasn't offered anything as an alternative) as well as internet and breakfast. Considering internet alone was 99 AED the room rate was a good value.

There was confusion about what was included in my rate, and by confusion I mean the staff isn't properly trained to read their own rate information. I had to pull out my laptop to prove that I got free internet and breakfast. Lucky me I got to go through it all again at check out since they again insisted that nothing was include with my rate.

Service in Dubai is funny like that, either it is amazing or there is a service failure similar to this one. Normally the service is so good that any small service failure really stands out and seems more terrible than it really is.

They did upgrade me to the city suite which was a very large room (with a very small TV). There was a huge soaker tub in the bathroom, unfortunately there wasn't enough hot water to fill it up!

The bathroom amenities were nice, except for the lotion and shampoo which had clearly been used and not replaced Fortunately I always travel with spares.

Breakfast was downstairs in the small cafe next to the equally small but nice pool. It was an excellent little buffet, fresh fruits, cheeses, regional food as well as eggs cooked to order.

All in all I was happy as the rate was quite low, I would stay there again but this time I would just walk from the Terminal since the metro stop is literally right around the corner from the hotel. That would have saved me 35 AED!

Room Tip: Try and get an upgrade to a suite, and get a room facing the runway so you can watch all the Emirate...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
LeMeridienDubai, Hotel Manager at Le Meridien Fairway, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We are glad to learn that you had enjoyed your overall stay at the hotel.

With regards to the inconveniences you faced during your stay, we are sorry that you were disappointed with the service provided by our Ambassadors.
Your feedback has been shared with all our department heads. It is always very valuable for us to understand our guest experiences so that we can continue to review our service offerings and standards at the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Méridien Fairway in the near future. In the meantime, if there is anything we can do to assist you; please do not hesitate to contact us directly at wecare.lmdubai@lemeridien.com.